Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Recently seen movies - 6 (Page 103)

Maroon5.0 IF-Sizzlerz
Maroon5.0
Maroon5.0

Posted: 23 August 2013 at 8:50pm | IP Logged
I saw speedy singhs produced by Akshay Kumar with vinay Virmani , anupam kher , russell peters , rob lowe and cameos by ludacris and drake .

It was f**king terrible

Then again it did take place in Canada

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.khoobsurat.

krushers Newbie
krushers
krushers

Posted: 24 August 2013 at 2:07am | IP Logged
Saw Raanjhanaa,Bhaag Milkha Bhaag,Ghanchakkar,Gippi
RAANJHANAA - 5/5
BHAAG MILKHA BHAAG - 4.5/5
GHANCHAKKAR - 3/5 
GIPPI - 3/5

Edited by krushers - 26 August 2013 at 5:38am

.khoobsurat.

LimitLessFan IF-Stunnerz
LimitLessFan
LimitLessFan

Posted: 24 August 2013 at 8:51am | IP Logged
The Internship 3/5

Its a fresh movie, where they show how old dated people learn new things over work from new generation and  yet at same time how new generation learns to enjoy life out oftheir work holic or running after success ...

Though there were few random scene, like Dance teacher at Google , is a pole dancer in a bar LOL... how Google has one round of game from Harry potter ... this out of no where joke scenes do spoil the sensitive scenes which are followed immediately but ppl tend to not pay much attention as they are lost in laughing ...

Personally i felt they made a kichadi of movie by trying to make comedy movie with a message or sensitive or wat ever one can call it 

.khoobsurat.

Curlylocks IF-Stunnerz
Curlylocks
Curlylocks

Posted: 24 August 2013 at 10:22am | IP Logged
Madras Cafe
[Contains spoilers]

Overall it was a good movie and it surprised me as a viewer. Usually such realistic movies tend to bore me but not this one. It was interesting minus those blood shedding and killing scenes which made me uneasy. I would not be surprised if this movie wins awards next year because it deserves recognition

Btw I am not happy with the ending since it looked incomplete. Wish they added something more because I could not digest the fact that Vikram (John's character) was more affected by Prime Minister's death than his own wife's. That was hard to swallow 

This movie is not for those who expects commercial entertainment but if you are in a mood to witness a realistic phase some real people went through, do watch it

Here are the pros and cons of the movie... 

Pros:
Brilliant pace and flow of the story. There was never a blink of moment to think as the story progressed fast and reached its climax 

John Abraham is no longer a non actor in my point of view. Yes, he was little blank in few scenes but overall the guy was good. He was composed, stuck to reality and did not go over the top. I think he should stick to this type of realistic movies than over the top hero type commercial cinema 

Cons:
The director has not done his home work properly in certain areas. Being Sri Lankans, I and my friend could not stop laughing seeing mountains, greenery and waterfalls in Jaffna. It is one the driest areas in this island which has no mountains or waterfalls 

Another major goof up is showing LTF supposedly LTTE rebel group members and certain Sri Lankans in Jaffna speaking Hindi. For the record nor Sri Lankan Tamils or Sinhalese speak Hindi

Acting of Nargis and the girl who played John's wife were below average. They could have gotten an actress who can act instead of Nargis 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

cloudflowerILoveDramaKya.Bolta.Tunishu786.khoobsurat.Sharif.Badmaash

Rehanism IF-Dazzler
Rehanism
Rehanism

Posted: 24 August 2013 at 8:49pm | IP Logged
Chennai Express
Bol Bachchan
Once upon a time 2
Sixteen (Nice movie, but underrated)

Peter Pan
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Finding Neverland

.Sahiba. Groupbie
.Sahiba.
.Sahiba.

Posted: 24 August 2013 at 9:57pm | IP Logged
Saw Paan Singh Tomar and absolutely loved it! Irfan Khan was brilliant.

5/5

.khoobsurat.

ashdoc Newbie
ashdoc
ashdoc

Posted: 25 August 2013 at 3:27pm | IP Logged
Ashdoc's movie review---Madras Cafe

Everyone in the US who was alive at that time remembers what he or she was doing when the news broke of President John F. Kennedy's assassination in 1963 . It's as if the clocks had stopped and time had stood still at that moment...

Similarly ,for people of my generation the assassination of former Prime minister Rajiv Gandhi is an event that is frozen in time...
I remember what I was doing when the news broke out---I was in my maternal uncle's house out of my city and when the news came in late evening I spent a sleepless night wondering if the same horror of mass massacre would visit the Tamil community that the Sikhs had experienced when Indira Gandhi had been killed 7 years before...but thankfully nothing happened this time...

It is the same for John Abraham in this film...Rajiv Gandhi's assassination has frozen time for him...
More so because he is shown to be personally involved in trying to prevent the assassination---at least in the film...

And here he is in Kasauli in Himachal pradesh several years later , telling his tale to a Christian priest in his attempt to expung the whole affair out of his system...

Of course , names have been changed and the assassinated ex PM has not been shown to be named as Rajiv Gandhi , nor has the person who ordered his assassination been shown to be Prabhakaran the LTTE chief ; instead the LTTE is called the LTF and its chief is called Anna...

But this review will call a spade a spade and refer to those people by their real names---I am a politically incorrect person anyway and never called a prostitute as a ' sex worker ' . So who is going to call Rajiv Gandhi by whatever name he was called by in the film , and who is going to call Prabhakaran as ' Anna ' ?? Not me at least...

Of course , John the RAW agent is an entirely fictitious creation ; the film mixes real events with a lot of fiction and shows a fictitious account of how a RAW agent tries to save Rajiv Gandhi in the end but fails...

And that failure is evident throughout the film---failure of India's intelligence agencies to accurately assess what is going on in Sri Lanka at that time , failure to understand Prabhakaran's fanaticism for his ' Eelam ' cause , failure to predict that the LTTE would try to kill Rajiv and succeed , failure of John to complete some of the tasks allotted to him by his superiors...

Those repeated failures , and the final destination of the film---which is the killing of Rajiv Gandhi---gives a grim tone to the film...
This film is no picnic , and indeed does not have been made to attract the masses . It's a movie for the elite , with the characters talking in English on several occasions ; and Nargis Fakhri speaks British accented queen's English...

The failure of John's missions is not his fault however---there is a defector in his organization who tells the LTTE of John's every move , making every mission's failure predestined...

John's attempt to supply arms to the LTTE's rivals fails as the arms are captured by the LTTE , his attempt to split the LTTE by trying to kill Prabhakaran and get his second in command to revolt does not work , and he is even captured by the LTTE...

But the unkindest cut happens when his personal life is shattered by the LTTE---all due to the LTTE informer in his organization...

On one of his missions he meets Nargis Fakhri the British Indian reporter...
And she is the one who gives him evidence that the LTTE is planning to kill a big Indian leader...

The assassination is shown to be financed by a western country...
This is typical of Bollywood to show the white man as responsible for many of India's troubles without any basis in fact . But we will have to give the director that much cinematic liberty...

So how does the RAW handle the info given by Nargis ??
And does John manage to identify the LTTE mole in his organization ( RAW ) and bring him to justice ??
Go and watch the movie for that...

The movie gets better in the second half as events get more gripping...
...And the assassination of Rajiv Gandhi in the end does inspire some pathos...I found myself feeling sad for the death of the leader of a political party I do not support...

The film is a tense political thriller rather than an entertainment fest ; there are no songs...

...And watching it requires one to have some knowledge of the political and military events concerning the Sri Lankan situation vis a vis Tamils at that time---hardly a film for the illiterates , especially in North India...

But because I happen to have the basic knowledge of the real life situation of those turbulent times , I found myself getting interested...

Verdict---Very decent effort .

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Nikita_150.khoobsurat.

Blazer7 Goldie
Blazer7
Blazer7

Posted: 26 August 2013 at 11:29am | IP Logged
Watched Chennai Express

Overall I'm disappointed with SRK, once again. It seems his standards of choice of scripts has taken a steep nose dive. 

Film has a lame story, which is dragged for two and half hours, in the end giving the viewer a headache. Full of over-acting from SRK, with lame comedy...although Shahrukh was good in some comic scenes. 

Deepika was perhaps the only good thing about this movie, loved her acting, and accent and the effort that she's seem to have put in. 

Film doesn't have a single good song, all are lame and Vishal-Shehkar haven't done justice to this opportunity at all. I liked Chammak Challo and Criminal from Ra.One but all the songs in Chennai Express are just downright bad. 

Special mention for Lungi Dance, worst song of the year, hands down. Gave me a headache. 

Verdict - Average 

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

tanya12RehanismKya.Bolta.TuJohnny.Balraj.khoobsurat..Sad.But.True.SunHarsh4evaSharif.Badmaash-Swetha-Sano88

Go to top