Recently seen movies - 6 (Page 10)

Post Reply New Post

Page 10 of 149

chocolover89

IF-Sizzlerz

chocolover89

Posted: 29 March 2013 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
Welcome is on TV.

It took me a good 5 minutes to recognize Katrina.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-pari_roxxFranco

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Recently seen movies - 6 (Page 10)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ILoveDrama

Goldie

ILoveDrama

Posted: 29 March 2013 at 2:38pm | IP Logged
Spoiler's

Just came back from watching G.I. Joe Retaliation...
My take.. Action was top notch but that was it, as the plot was weak...
Bruce wills was cuteEmbarrassed
Dwayne Johnson was good but if I can see past his steroid injected body then I can see the acting I guessLOL
Didn't expect Duke to die so soon into the movieCry
Also the fight scenes in the mountains were so awesome , you need to watch it in 3 D just for this sceneBig smile

Edited by ILoveDrama - 29 March 2013 at 7:35pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

abby_girl30

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 30 March 2013 at 8:25am | IP Logged
Lincoln

Finally saw the film. People grow up with superheros like Superman and Batman. My superhero was Abraham Lincoln. I still revere him as a great hero. Visiting the Lincoln Monument is like holy pilgrimage to the 'temple of freedom'.

Moving on.

Surprisingly, Lincoln is not a biography of his life nor is it a Civil War film really. But what it does is focus on one small phase of his life and presidency: The passing of the 13th amendment abolishing slavery and the brief period before it.

It paints a vivid portrayal of Lincoln in many layers - the president, the politician, the husband, the father, the man. It takes us into his fears, his beliefs, his hopes and aspirations. And Daniel Day Lewis does such a fantastic job of bringing Lincoln to life. My favorite moments were Lincoln's jokes, stories and witticisms that were both endearing and annoying. It is this very down to earth nature that made Lincoln beloved even amidst some who supported slavery and sympathized with the Confederate states.

I never imagined that passing of a bill could be so thrilling and riveting, but Spielberg somehow manages to turn this bit of dull politics into a mystery of sorts that slowly unfolds. It shows the means and techniques used by the politicians to gain the votes required. And of course it shows some corruption, bribery, log rolling and wheel greasing. Everyone compromises with their souls and morals a bit in relation to this amendment bill. Makes you wonder is it OK to use unethical means to achieve an ethical end? Is a little bribery and corruption OK if it ends slavery? Enfranchises women and colored people?

I also loved the bits of humor infused throughout the proceedings and good old fashioned name calling and insulting. Tommy Lee Jones is brilliant as Thaddeus Stevens the radical Republican. Some of his lines are so bitingly sarcastic. Damn! I wish I had his ability to insult people and put them down.

The entire star-cast is stellar job. Even Joseph Gordon-Lewitt shines in the minor role of  Robert Lincoln.

The only problem with the movie is length and pace, it gets a bit stretched and a bit of historical embellishment for entertainment.

9.5/10

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

drummedup-Swetha-pari_roxxILoveDramacrazy4fawadWaitForIt-TheGadaboutabby_girl30mysticgoryfilms

Franco

IF-Sizzlerz

Franco

Posted: 30 March 2013 at 8:31pm | IP Logged
WinkI just saw lion king again shit is awesome WinkWinkWink

A complete 10 on 10 if only bollywood can do films like that 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 30 March 2013 at 9:25pm | IP Logged
Game Change

Even though I knew the aftermath of the 2008 Presidential election, this was a gripping, edge of the seat kind of political drama. That is if you find American politics intriguing and interesting like I do. It was really exciting to get an insiders behind the scene look at the McCain Palin campaign and everything that went wrong.

Although the right wing may pan the movie for being liberally biased, I think the film maintains a neutral matter of fact narrative. I actually felt sorry for Sarah Palin, something I never felt before. I even felt more sorry for McCain. I've always thought he was an honest and sincere candidate. And the movie shows that he's his sincerity and distaste for smear campaigns. The movie also shows how one game changing pick snowballed into the craziness that is the tea party. It was all a great big mistake and cluster. A real must watch.

Ed Harris is totally convincing as McCain. Juliane Moore pulls of a stunning Sarah Palin. Damn she nails the look, the accent, the mannerisms to the tee. I wanted Tina Fey to play her, but this is a more serious drama and Julianne Moore was the better choice. You do get glimpses of Tina though. Woody Harrelson is great as Steve Schmid the campaign director. I loved the cinema style where they blended recorded footage with the film storyboard. They could probably have made a documentary, but this tells a much better tale.

9.5/10

-Swetha-ILoveDramaTheGadabout

PigBenis

IF-Dazzler

PigBenis

Posted: 31 March 2013 at 2:40am | IP Logged
The Attacks of 26/11

Absolutely mind blowing. One of the best in recent times in Bollywood. The old RGV is back! From execution to choosing the right people for characters, everything was very well done and pretty much everything that happened that night was covered(as far as I know). My favorite scene has to be the one where the Joint Commissioner Rakesh takes Kasab to the morgue where his partners were and talks about what's actually written in Quran, not the stuff Kasab's aaka taught/brainwashed him. The way RGV puts together scene is beyond amazing and it totally shows his true talent!
Coming to the performances Nana Patekar did a great job but Sanjeev Jaiswal who played the role of Kasab deserves a standing ovation. His expressions, dialogues, and portrayal of Kasab was tremendous. 
Overall it's a very intense and gripping film! Give it a try.

5/5

-Swetha-ILoveDramaoblivious.

abouttime

Groupbie

abouttime

Posted: 31 March 2013 at 6:11am | IP Logged
i am on a classic romantic movie watching spree.just finished the notebook and the english patient.notebook was a bit cheesy but otherwise ok.english patient -performance wise fabulous and gud plot too.

any more suggestion guys?

Sheldon_Bazinga

IF-Dazzler

Sheldon_Bazinga

Posted: 31 March 2013 at 4:09pm | IP Logged
Players Thumbs Down

Post Reply New Post

Go to top