Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Table No 21: Very gripping movie right from the start with a nice message in the end. Very different from the usual Bollywood movies. The performances were good especially Paresh Rawal's. I dont understand why he signs up for shit like Himmatwala. Tina Desae looked pretty. She is a good find. Rajeev has a knack of selecting good scripts but too bad his movies are never hyped or promoted well.

Rating: 3.5/5
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Dabangg2: One of the worst movies of 2012. I hated it as much as I liked Dabangg. As many critics mentioned that the director had a successful template in Dabangg and he simply took it and plugged in a new villain.
The movie was full of random fights and random songs. Every time Sonakshi would appear on screen you would know that there is now a boring song coming up. Malaika made a totally pointless cameo in Pandeyji Seeti Maare song. Sonakshi too popped in randomly in the same song. My patience finally gave away at Kareena's meat display in Fevicol(another song for a random situation)
Among the performances only Sonakshi was fine in her scenes whatever little she had. Salman had no expressions and his dialogues were repetitive from Dabangg. Plus he has put on weight and looked 20 years older than Sonakshi thus managing to look like a tharki in all their scenes together. Vinod Khanna, Arbaaz Khan and the rest sleep walked through their roles. Prakash Raj had 80s villian kind of role which made no impact. Nor did his sidekicks like Deepak Dobriyal.

Final verdict: Avoid it like plague.

The House of Mirth (stares Gillian Anderson) - 7/10

kitkataha thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Is there any feel good movie I can see? Preferably with a hot man? Haha. Bollywood please. Any rom-com?
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
^Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge?
kitkataha thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
^ Ahh already seen it. I've seen BBB too. 
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
ahhh...hmm...Rules Pyar Ka Superhit Formula with Milind Soman?

I know, BW hasn't been that great on the rom-com front lately. 😒
Perspectives. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Talaash: Goood attempt by Reema for a thriller and bring the supernatural thing back. It was a slow one though. Editing could have been a bit more crisp. Kareena didn't do much except moving her head and speak in that apparently "seductive" tone. Liked Rani and that one-legged guy.

Rate: 3.5/5

P.S. anyone watched The Call? Halle Berry's back after a long time
crazy4fawad thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Saw Haseena Maan Jayegi after ages on TV!! It was such a laugh riot. U got to give it to david dhawan! Rohit shetty etc all look sooo lame in front of davids cinema. his movies actually make u genuinely laugh. esp when it has gonvinda in it,. and then the songs!! What is Mobile Number 👏

Also, its funny how kareena makes news 4 each n every sundry thing she does,...whereas karishma back in thosa days was wayyy more hep n much more happening...bebo is not anything great compared to karishma...esp her comic timing ,...esp with govinda!!
Also supoorting cast is awesome. Satish Kaushik Bethiya toh sahi..aaiye toh sahi is awesome...anupam kher is sooo funny ...n aruna irani is too good..esp when she falls in love with chachaji!!
Lovveedd this movie. Would rate it 4/5.

Saw 2012 on Tv Last nite, When it had released, i dint manage to see it..but heard a lot abt it. saw it now on TV. n now that 2012 has passed..i m actually more relieved 😉. The special effects were AWESOME! the way destruction was projected was ovrewhelming!! CRAZY CRAZY stuff. the only thing which bugs me is that in all these movies, the americans come n save the world..but then since its the americians makin this movie.. i suppose thats a given 😉 but the movie was very much worth it. after watching the movie... i m sooo glad that the world actually dint end this way at all!!! would give it 4.5/5 ..esp dueto spcl efects involved!
Edited by tere_mere - 11 years ago
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Rangeela

AHAAA <3 Whatever happened to the RGV who used to make gems, treasure chests, diamonds like Rangeela? This movie is totally my kind of movie. The story, the acting, the cast, the MUSIC, the 90s-ness, it gets everrrything right!

Urmila Matondkar is HOT. like, HOTHOTHOTHOT, even teetering to bother saying no homo. She is such a f**kin sex bomb in this movie, and her amazing figure, the way she dances, her facial expressions, her hairrr, she completeeetly works it. Like, never in a better way have I seen a woman work her sex appeal so up to her command. I believe RGV had said that he wouldn't have made Rangeela if he hadn't found Urmila, and I get why he says that. NO ONE else could've done the role of Mili like she did =)

AMIR KHAN is such a massive teddy bearrr. LOVED him! Love his adorable tapori, love his fug outfits, love how just one silly girl makes him lose all his gangstery badassery. He really outshone the entire set in some key scenes, like when Jacky Shroff accidentally calls him Raju or something, and he says "Munna.. it's Munna", his vulnerability is at that scene was sooo visible. His hurt, his joy and excitement at being with Mili, his friendship with Pakya, its just so real and so convincing.

Gotta give a very big applause to the choreographer, who I believe is Saroj Khan. AMAZING dance sequences in all the dance-based songs, super special mention to Ho Ja Rangeela Re and Mangta Hain Kya. Urmila had already proven herself a great dancer, but Amir was great as well. and the way Mangta Hain Kya is picturised is gorgeousss. Dramatic dance moves, dramatic song, full on cinematic irresistible indulgence <3

and obviously, the best part for me about Rangeela is the music, and the background score. Don't really care bout how annoying I am about A.R. Rahman, but this score just reminds me why I love his work so much. Literally, each and every song is a gem to me. The innovation he brought to the music industry, the details he gives to beats as well as creating breathtaking melody, and the awesomely captivating background score are things that just make me a crazier fan.

I sooo wish the 90s AR Rahman can be reborn, don't know what I'd give to be able to experience it.

SO MUCH love for this movie <3