Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
Game Change

Even though I knew the aftermath of the 2008 Presidential election, this was a gripping, edge of the seat kind of political drama. That is if you find American politics intriguing and interesting like I do. It was really exciting to get an insiders behind the scene look at the McCain Palin campaign and everything that went wrong.

Although the right wing may pan the movie for being liberally biased, I think the film maintains a neutral matter of fact narrative. I actually felt sorry for Sarah Palin, something I never felt before. I even felt more sorry for McCain. I've always thought he was an honest and sincere candidate. And the movie shows that he's his sincerity and distaste for smear campaigns. The movie also shows how one game changing pick snowballed into the craziness that is the tea party. It was all a great big mistake and cluster. A real must watch.

Ed Harris is totally convincing as McCain. Juliane Moore pulls of a stunning Sarah Palin. Damn she nails the look, the accent, the mannerisms to the tee. I wanted Tina Fey to play her, but this is a more serious drama and Julianne Moore was the better choice. You do get glimpses of Tina though. Woody Harrelson is great as Steve Schmid the campaign director. I loved the cinema style where they blended recorded footage with the film storyboard. They could probably have made a documentary, but this tells a much better tale.

9.5/10
PigBenis thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
The Attacks of 26/11

Absolutely mind blowing. One of the best in recent times in Bollywood. The old RGV is back! From execution to choosing the right people for characters, everything was very well done and pretty much everything that happened that night was covered(as far as I know). My favorite scene has to be the one where the Joint Commissioner Rakesh takes Kasab to the morgue where his partners were and talks about what's actually written in Quran, not the stuff Kasab's aaka taught/brainwashed him. The way RGV puts together scene is beyond amazing and it totally shows his true talent!
Coming to the performances Nana Patekar did a great job but Sanjeev Jaiswal who played the role of Kasab deserves a standing ovation. His expressions, dialogues, and portrayal of Kasab was tremendous. 
Overall it's a very intense and gripping film! Give it a try.

5/5
abouttime thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
i am on a classic romantic movie watching spree.just finished the notebook and the english patient.notebook was a bit cheesy but otherwise ok.english patient -performance wise fabulous and gud plot too.

any more suggestion guys?
mysticgoryfilms thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I saw Crazy Stupid Love yesterday...

...god, Ryan Gosling is hot. 
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
G.I Joe: Retaliation

Bang Bang! Boom Boom!

Slash Slash! Cut Cut!

Cling Clink! Kaboom Kaboom!

Hokay, so basically we've got China, France, India, Isreal, Pakistan, Russia, the U.K. and Us...with nukes...(We've got about 2600 more than anybody else, whatever).

Henyway, one day, Cobra decides, all sonsofabitches are going down. So we launch a nuke at everyone . While it's on it's way, everyone's like, "Shit shit! Who the f**k is shooting us?" "Oh well! Fire missiles!"

Then France is like, "Shit guys...we got ze missiles zey are coming! Fire our shit!" "But I'm le tired"..."Well, have a nap-zen fire ze missiles!!!"

Meanwhile, Australia is down there like, "W*F, mates?" India, Isreal and Pakistan launch their shit, so now we've got missiles flying everywhere, passing each other. Russia's like, "AAAHHH!! Motherland!" Then England's like, "'Bout that time, eh, chaps?"..."Righto"...

So now the Cobra is like, "f**k, you're dumbasses". Everyone's like, "What's going on, eh?" Australia's still like, "W*F?" Mars is laughing at us . And some huge meteor is like, "Well f**k that"

Cobra: Abort. Retry. Fail. 
Everyone: Abort. Retry. Fail.

London Bridge is falling down. Falling Down. Falling Down. London Bridge is Falling Down!

Everyone: Someone setup us the bomb

Cobra: All Your base are belong to us. Ha Ha Ha!

Cobra: You have no chance to survive make your time.

Bang Bang! Boom Boom!

Slash Slash! Cut Cut!

Cling Clink! Kaboom Kaboom!

Ze End!

Basically that sums it up in a nice nutshell. But what gives eh. I love the movie. It takes me back to when I was a kid playing with my action figures pretending to blow shit up. Blowing shit up is such f**king cool entertainment. So much fun to see on big screen. And Storm Shadow is hot! I rate it highly only for nostalgia value, adrenaline rush, girls with guns and Storm Shadow's abs.

7/10
.Saira. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Tere naam
Loved it.. salman was too good.. is se zyada kya kahoon... just loved it...words hi nehi... the best role salman has played, those who say he cant act, are blind..

Kyun kisi ko wafa ke badlay wafa nahi milti
Kyun kisi ko duwa ke badlay duwa nahi milti
Kyun kisi ko khushi ke badlay khushi nahi milti

5/5
Edited by Salmanfanno1 - 11 years ago
BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Real Steel 

Hugh Jackman is yummy β˜ΊοΈ 

He was a good enough reason for me to tolerate the movie despite the weirdness and silly robot fights. It was an ok movie and I love the little kid who played Hugh's son's role. He was adorable
Siddhi_ thumbnail
Table No. 21 - Omgg it was damn good. So gripping throughout. Everyone did such a great job. And such a strong message. One of the best Bollywood films I've watched. Sad that it is so underrated because it deserved a lot more recognition. Great film
megz.10 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
ghost protocol...IT WAS AMAZING TO THE CORE!!!...OMG TOM CRUISE IS JUST FAB!!πŸ‘...THIS WAS MY FAV PART OF MI
...LUVD IT!!!πŸ‘πŸΌ