abby_girl30 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Daredevil

It wasnt the best superhero movie out there but I kinda liked it. Maybe cz I am a HUGE fan of Ben Affleck & Jennifer Garner (more of her than him 😆 )

The story was very simple about a guy who turns blind in childhood due to an accident with some hazardous chemicals. He loses his vision but his other senses become sharp like the ones to smell, hear etc.

He become daredevil to find the killers of his father which leads him to meet Elektra (played by Garner) both eventually fall in love but things turn otherwise...I don't wanna ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it.
Direction was kinda bad and he could have added more scenes of Ben & Jen 😡

The cast was good and may I add Colin Farrell was great as Bullseye 😃
I got the 2 disc set and it had the bloopers in it...and I could clearly tell Ben and Jennifer were so into each other while shooting this movie...ahhh my favourite couple 😳

Will give it 7/10

***so anyone who wants to see how Ben Affleck & Jennifer Garner fell in love...watch this movie 😆 Edited by abby_girl30 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Silver Linings Playbook

Awww dear. This is a movie that you'd thinkk is gonna be a tear-jerker anyyy moment, but it somehow puts you back in position. Its actually a very interestingly handled topic of two individuals who have recently overcome mental disorders or are in the process of, and how life unravels after they return from the centers.

Bradley Cooper is one amazing actor.. in the scenes when he's getting too angry and you know the violence is uncalled for and out of hand, you still can't help but feel really, really sad and understanding of his behavior. He really nailed his character of a hopeful guy who's honestly doing nothing but struggling his ass off.

Jennifer Lawrenceee. She is the reason I sought out to even watch this movie, because I haven't seen an English movie in aaages. I wanted to see how she managed to win an Oscar for a role in a movie that had "comedy/drama" as its genre. But wowzaa, she was amazing. It wasn't one of those roles in which she's giving ground-breaking dialogs and expressions reel per reel, but her expertise really shone in key scenes in which she looked so incredibly natural, you'd think gosh this nearly looks like real life.
Her talk to Pat about his wedding song, or about why she gets pissed off at him for being condescending of her disorder... she toootally convinces.

I defo. recommend this movie, its not too heavy for the faint-hearted to avoid, and it's not too silly/ the comedy isn't forced in awkwardly for those who think its too sensitive a subject to add comedy to.

Its beautiful =)
Life of Pi - 7-8/10. Meh, didn't work for me much. The visuals were spell-bounding, and I really, really liked the first 1/2 of the movie, when the focus was more on the characters and their struggles. But then from the moment with the tiger in the boat - even though I quite liked it in the beginning - I kinda started to loose interest. The whole allegorical angle didn't work for me. Instead of explaining the 'deep' meanings, hwy not leave it up to the viewers to interpret? But I guess it's a good movie, just don't get the enormous praise it earned. Don't get me wrong, I liked it enough, that's why giving it at least a 7, but I guess I am kinda underwhelmed with all the good reviews. Hmm...
Edited by Beyond_the_Veil - 11 years ago
This content was originally posted by: TheGoodFella

Silkwood

Not a classic but one of those great female oriented films of Streep. She plays Karen, a worker in a nuclear plant who raises voice against the lack of security and other labour welfare issues. She eventually finds herself pitted in controversies that leads to her death.

8/ 10

How was the film? is it worth watching only for her?
Haeyeol thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I watched 

JAB WE MET 9/10
ISHAQZAADE 9/10
UDAAN 8/10
CHANDNI 7/10 
Y'all NEED to watch these. Need.

1. Exam.
2. Identity.
3. Black Swan.
4. Orphan.
5. The Prestige.

Mind-f**k films!!
Edited by StopDropNTroll - 11 years ago
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Just returned after watching Himmatwala.

Masala film as all of us know. Comedy, especially dialogues, were quite nice. Paresh Rawal was especially good in comedy.
Ajay Devgn and Mahesh Manjarekar were also nice.
Tamannah was more or less invisible during 70% of the movie. She was there mainly to show her face and figure I guess, and she does have an amazing figure which they highlighted every opportunity they got.

Story everyone knows, since it's a remake. However, I felt they should've changed a few things, cos those might have worked in 1983 but certainly doesn't work in 2013. The scene where Ravi's (Ajay Devgn) mother tells him that his sister should return to her in-laws even though they are beating her, was cringe worthy. Something like that is ridiculous even in a 1983 movie, but now it's completely unacceptable.

Thing to note: Sonakshi got whitsles, Ajay Devgn got even more whistles, Tamannah not so much... but the most whistles were reserved for 'Naino mein sapna, sapno mein sajna' song. That was the biggest attraction of the movie and the only song that I liked.
Edited by souro - 11 years ago
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Welcome is on TV.

It took me a good 5 minutes to recognize Katrina.
ILoveDrama thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Spoiler's

Just came back from watching G.I. Joe Retaliation...
My take.. Action was top notch but that was it, as the plot was weak...
Bruce wills was cute😳
Dwayne Johnson was good but if I can see past his steroid injected body then I can see the acting I guess😆
Didn't expect Duke to die so soon into the movie😭
Also the fight scenes in the mountains were so awesome , you need to watch it in 3 D just for this scene😃

Edited by ILoveDrama - 11 years ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Lincoln

Finally saw the film. People grow up with superheros like Superman and Batman. My superhero was Abraham Lincoln. I still revere him as a great hero. Visiting the Lincoln Monument is like holy pilgrimage to the 'temple of freedom'.

Moving on.

Surprisingly, Lincoln is not a biography of his life nor is it a Civil War film really. But what it does is focus on one small phase of his life and presidency: The passing of the 13th amendment abolishing slavery and the brief period before it.

It paints a vivid portrayal of Lincoln in many layers - the president, the politician, the husband, the father, the man. It takes us into his fears, his beliefs, his hopes and aspirations. And Daniel Day Lewis does such a fantastic job of bringing Lincoln to life. My favorite moments were Lincoln's jokes, stories and witticisms that were both endearing and annoying. It is this very down to earth nature that made Lincoln beloved even amidst some who supported slavery and sympathized with the Confederate states.

I never imagined that passing of a bill could be so thrilling and riveting, but Spielberg somehow manages to turn this bit of dull politics into a mystery of sorts that slowly unfolds. It shows the means and techniques used by the politicians to gain the votes required. And of course it shows some corruption, bribery, log rolling and wheel greasing. Everyone compromises with their souls and morals a bit in relation to this amendment bill. Makes you wonder is it OK to use unethical means to achieve an ethical end? Is a little bribery and corruption OK if it ends slavery? Enfranchises women and colored people?

I also loved the bits of humor infused throughout the proceedings and good old fashioned name calling and insulting. Tommy Lee Jones is brilliant as Thaddeus Stevens the radical Republican. Some of his lines are so bitingly sarcastic. Damn! I wish I had his ability to insult people and put them down.

The entire star-cast is stellar job. Even Joseph Gordon-Lewitt shines in the minor role of  Robert Lincoln.

The only problem with the movie is length and pace, it gets a bit stretched and a bit of historical embellishment for entertainment.

9.5/10