Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: Beyond_the_Veil

Sophie's Choice - Wow, very good film, with a mind-blowing  performance from Meryl Streep. Can't say anything more really 9.25/10

I agree!

One of Streep's best performances. Loved her to bits. Have you watched Kramer Vs Kramer, Deer Hunter, Bridges of Madison County and Falling in Love?
Edited by TheGoodFella - 11 years ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Good to see the Meryl Streep love. As I always joke – who is the biggest Khan in Bollywood? Meryl Streep. No movie star can beat Meryl Streep.

I agree!

One of Streep's best performances. Loved her to bits. Have you watched Kramer Vs Kramer, Deer Hunter, Bridges of Madison County and Falling in Love?

Nah-uh. I am new on the Streep bandwagon. 😆 What films would you recommend me? I'd like to watch something that has an emotional core and value, like Sophie's Choice. And I'd like it if she has a good screentime.
Cotillion thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
The movies I recently tried to watch, but couldn't complete them are:
Table no 21- meh not sold.
Race 2- waste of time.
Da vinci code- As bad the book is, the movie is even worse. The book is at least one time read. Bad acting, bad editing.
.Anamika. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Good to see the Meryl Streep love. As I always joke - who is the biggest Khan in Bollywood? Meryl Streep. No movie star can beat Meryl Streep.

Reminded me of Cam from Modern Family. 😆 "Meryl Streep can play Batman and be the right choice."

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjTCOivQGD0[/YOUTUBE]
abby_girl30 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Saw Swades again...this movie never fails to mesmerize me and makes me all teary-eyed

Everytime I see this movie...I feel like I notice new things...like the small details that Gowarikar had paid attention to...this movie is Gowarikar and SRK's bet work till date. I absolutely cannot believe that SRK didn't get a national award for this performance and f**king Saif Ali khan got it for Hum Tum...W*F was that...this thing will piss me off for life ughhh

This also happens to be my family's favourite movie...and the NRI element just makes it more relatable for my whole family. Whenever I watch this movie it makes me all sad as to which direction is India going and tells me that motherland needs all its children to progress (I am getting too patriotic I know 😆)

It makes me leave everything and run back to India and help the country in anyway possible...but I guess I am not as strong as SRK's character Mohan & my life isn't a movie.

Lastly special kudos to UTV for producing a movie like this and shout out to AR Rahman for that marvellous music...I mean this movie wouldn't have been what it is without the BGM.

Anyone who hasn't seen this movie...please do yourself a favour and watch it

This one gets 5/5 all the way

May I just add that this is the best BGM ever used in Indian cinema

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9IpBA6aqOM[/YOUTUBE]Edited by abby_girl30 - 11 years ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Beyond_the_Veil

Nah-uh. I am new on the Streep bandwagon. 😆 What films would you recommend me? I'd like to watch something that has an emotional core and value, like Sophie's Choice. And I'd like it if she has a good screentime.

I highly recommend Kramer vs. Kramer and Bridges of Madison County. Those are classics. Not as intense as Sophie's Choice, but movies with depth. She was stunning as Thatcher in Iron Lady, but that is a much slower moving movie. Doubt is also a really good film. The entire cast and the drama in that is good.

After the intense movies, you have to see some of her recent feel good films like Julie/Julia. The Devil Wears Prada and Mama Mia.  You will see her range and versatility and timing. Mama Mia may have tanked in the BO, but god damn! Meryl Streep! Indeed, she could be cast as Batman and be the right choice!
Edited by return_to_hades - 11 years ago
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I highly recommend Kramer vs. Kramer and Bridges of Madison County. Those are classics. Not as intense as Sophie's Choice, but movies with depth. She was stunning as Thatcher in Iron Lady, but that is a much slower moving movie. Doubt is also a really good film. The entire cast and the drama in that is good.

After the intense movies, you have to see some of her recent feel good films like Julie/Julia. The Devil Wears Prada and Mama Mia.  You will see her range and versatility and timing. Mama Mia may have tanked in the BO, but god damn! Meryl Streep! Indeed, she could be cast as Batman and be the right choice!

Ahhh! She nailed Thatcher in the Iron Lady. She deserved an oscar for that.😆 She was fabulous in Julie & Julia too. An english woman becoming a French chef, only Streep could play Julia.

Another hilarious movie was It's Complicated. 😆 I watched Mama Mia for Streep alone! All the singing and dancing to ABBA. She's fabulous at whatever role she plays. Streep is the best!
tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I saw this tamil movie called " Naduvile Koncham pakkathle kanam", its one of a kind movie never seen anyting like this before.

the movie shows a serious scenario in a  light heartedl manner.

way too good, see it
nomad.ness thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
THE IMPOSSIBLE

Film is about the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami- based on a true story. 

I've seen quite a few movies that are made on natural disasters and the like, but this one has to be the most profound and touching one so far. 

Absolutely amazing performances by the 12 yr. old child in the movie Tom Holland, Naomi Watts, and Ewan McGreggor! 

My favorite scene has to be the one where Lucas(Tom Holland) is running around the hospital helping the patients find their lost ones. Also, when the father (McGreggor) borrows a phone to call his family and he breaks down while explaining his situation. Simply tear-jerking!

9/10