Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Anamika. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Jayanta Bhai Ki Luv Story

Yes, I watched a Vivek Oberoi movie. Don't judge me. 

I wasn't expecting much but I liked the trailer so I thought I'd give it a chance. It was actually pretty decent! The love story is not typical and Vivek and Neha have great chemistry together. Vivek does the "bhai-giri" really well and has the right body language too. 

My favourite parts were when Simrin comes crying to Jayanta after an interviewer tells her to dance to "Zaara zaara touch me, touch me" during the interview and humiliates her. And later when her boss takes her to a sketchy hotel and Jayanta beats the crap out of him. I usually don't like fight scenes and skip them altogether but that one was worth watching. 

I also love how he calls her "Badodtri" and she gets frustrated with him. And the love story is done really well. It's not rushed at all and obviously Simrin doesn't want to fall for a gangster but it's more about how their relationship slowly progresses. 

The music is great! Aa bhi ja sticks in your head for a while after. And thoda thoda is nice too. 

I'd seen the actress before in the Mere Bina song with Emraan Hashmi but nothing else. She's gorgeous! And she acts decently. I dunno why she's not getting more offers. She's totally hot.

Overall, if you're just done midterms and need some light Bollywood entertainment, this movie's not that bad! Honestly!

I'd give it a 3/5
abby_girl30 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Saw X-men: First Class...,I know I am so late in watching it

So I had no expectations from this one as such but I was hooked on right from the first scene in Poland.
There was not a single time that I got bored while watching it, even though I watched it late night around 2 am.

The cast was really good...everyone played their part to perfection. But as always some people stood out like James as Charles...he had such a sweet character and acted really well. JLaw as Raven was amazing...even though she had less role compared to the 3 main guys but she stood out the most from the kids. Her bf (yea I know they broke up now 😆 ) Nicholas was good too...such a needy character. The guy playing Shaw (villain) was amazing...don't know his name

Show stealer was my handsome hunk Michael Fassbender...he was fantastic as Erik...I loved his action scenes, his voice, his gorgeous face...yea I can write an essay on him 😳 😆

Also the cameo by Hugh Jackman was hilarious...hahha when he said go f**k yourself to Erik & Charles 😆

I would give it 4/5...waiting for the second part now   ðŸ˜ƒ
I just saw Star Trek , the fighter , and alpha dog

All good films

aish. thumbnail
Argo

Freaking finally! I loved it. And I'm just feeling terrible that I didn't catch it in the theater. Argo is a gem! The direction, execution, performance by the cast is all top-notch! Ben Affleck is definitely here to stay. His direction was fantastic and his portrayal of Tony was amazing. The supporting cast did their parts well too. The only part that Argo didn't cover was a failed attempt by US to rescue the six diplomats. US had sent two choppers to rescue them but the mission failed and the choppers collided with each other. The climax was well-done and the whole 'thrill' element was surely there.

I wouldn't mind watching it again.<3 And oh yeah Ben Affleck should keep the hairstyle that he had in the movie, he looked cute!:p And a big salute to Canada and the man who carried this whole operation out. The oscars that the movie received are truly well deserved!

4.5/5 (Reducting the .5 for I don't know what)
abby_girl30 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
^ahhh Aish didn't Ben look so hottt in that beard 😳 😳

I am happy you liked it

The hairstyle was a lil meh but oh the beard...I'll take him like that 😃
aish. thumbnail
Originally posted by: abby_girl30

^ahhh Aish didn't Ben look so hottt in that beard 😳 😳

I am happy you liked it

The hairstyle was a lil meh but oh the beard...I'll take him like that 😃

Yes I loved it!(:

OMG you found him cute as well? Hehe yes the beard was hot and hairstyle gave him a cute look<3

I'd love to see more of him!
Orphan 

W*F was that?

4/10
Originally posted by: TheGoodFella

Orphan 

W*F was that?

4/10

Are you sure you watched the right movie? Orphan has an 8 on my rating scale. That shit was classic. A Classic twisted f**ked-up kinda movie that plays with your mind. Sad that you detest such a masterpiece. Really sad.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Khiladi 786

An epic waste of time. Stupid movie, with stupid plot and imbecilic, flat, lifeless humor. My neighbors told my parents it is hilarious and gave them the DVD. My parents should know better than to receive any movies without my seal of approval. Thankfully, I knew how bad this epic bullshit would be so I sat with my cell phone, Galaxy Tablet and Notebook (old school paper kind). I multi tasked by going over finance slides, making my cheat sheet (I am allowed an 8.5" x 11" double sided cheat sheet, its kosher, I ain't cheating), setting up Skype and texting. So my time wasn't as wasted. Had I not multitasked, I would have had to bash my head against the wall – and that is quite painful – but less painful than the movie. Yeah, I realize I haven't said much about the movie actually. But there's nothing much to say really.

A face of between Vladimir Putin and Kristen Stewart on who has the wider range of expressions would be more entertaining as a dazzling display of showmanship and acting compared to this shit.

0/10

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Khiladi 786

An epic waste of time. Stupid movie, with stupid plot and imbecilic, flat, lifeless humor. My neighbors told my parents it is hilarious and gave them the DVD. My parents should know better than to receive any movies without my seal of approval. Thankfully, I knew how bad this epic bullshit would be so I sat with my cell phone, Galaxy Tablet and Notebook (old school paper kind). I multi tasked by going over finance slides, making my cheat sheet (I am allowed an 8.5" x 11" double sided cheat sheet, its kosher, I ain't cheating), setting up Skype and texting. So my time wasn't as wasted. Had I not multitasked, I would have had to bash my head against the wall ' and that is quite painful ' but less painful than the movie. Yeah, I realize I haven't said much about the movie actually. But there's nothing much to say really.

A face of between Vladimir Putin and Kristen Stewart on who has the wider range of expressions would be more entertaining as a dazzling display of showmanship and acting compared to this shit.

0/10

I can't well imagine how bad this might be! I mean, this is the first time I am seeing you give something less than 5! 0? Really? Now you've got me curious to watch the sh!t.

---

Sophie's Choice - Wow, very good film, with a mind-blowing  performance from Meryl Streep. Can't say anything more really 9.25/10
Edited by Beyond_the_Veil - 11 years ago