*Ek thi Naayka* Articles archieves (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 14 March 2013 at 7:30am | IP Logged

Ekta Kapoor to play a cameo in Ek Thhi Naayka

Ekta Kapoor

Summary: It is being heard that Ekta Kapoor will also make a brief appearance in one of the 16 episodes. Designed to promote the forthcoming film Ek Thi Daayan, the series has eight television icons under one roof for the first time namely Smriti Malhotra Irani, Sakshi Tanwar,Aamna Sharif, Shweta Tiwari, Mouli Ganguly, Ankita Lokhande, Kritika Kamra and Pooja Gor.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "*Ek thi Naayka* Articles archieves (Page 2)" in Ek Thi Naayka forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ALUJNA21

Coolbie

ALUJNA21

Posted: 15 March 2013 at 12:58am | IP Logged

I had no clue about daayans

I had no clue about daayans
Mouli Ganguly

RELATED

As MouliGanguly gears up for EkThhiNaayka, she speaks to Toi.com about negative energy, playing a vamp on-screen and shooting with Konkona Sen Sharma.
You are pairing up with Sudha Chandran once again for Ek Thhi Naayka after the successful Kaahin Kissii Roz. How does it feel?
It is exciting since I am very close to Sudhaji. When I said yes to this project, I didn't know she is part of the series. When we did Kaahin Kissii Roz, I was a rank newcomer and she taught me a lot. In the process, I became a huge fan of hers ' a big chamchi. I would flood her with how-why-where questions. Then she did a Bengali jatra, which took her to Kolkata. There she met my family. Even when the show ended, we kept in touch, but couldn't meet because of our busy schedules. This time when we met, we started from where we had left. Even a part of the unit happens to be the same as Kaahin... so, it is like going back 10 years in time. All of them gang up together and pull my leg. They say, 'Dekho Mouli finally acting karna seekh gayi'.

Tell us about your role in the series. I play a Bengali theatre actress, Tanushree, which is incidentally my mother's name. Sumona Chakravarti too has an important role. Uma Biswas, played by Sudha Chandran, is Tanushree's mentor. Konkona Sen Sharma plays a cameo in it.

Do you believe in daayans and ghosts? I am very scared of certain things. If there is positive energy, then there must be negative energy to balance it. But honestly, I had no clue about daayans before doing this show. In Mumbai, people feel that everybody in Kolkata is related to jadu tona. They say, 'Bengal ka jadu tona to aata hoga tumhe'.

How was it shooting with Konkona? I admire her as an actor. It was a night act and we shot a Kali puja sequence where she tells me about the daayan. Poor thing she came on the sets and was immediately given a bunch of scenes. As TV actors we are used to it, but she was not. She was very cooperative though she missed her son, Haroon, who she had left behind at home. On the sets, Konkona, Sumona and I kept conversing in Bengali, much to the annoyance of people around us.

What made you take up the role? For me, Ekta's production house is like home. It is my comfort zone. It was an opportunity for eight known faces of Indian television to come together. I am getting to play a Bengali here, a culture I am closely associated to. I had no reason to say no. I am glad Ekta considered me for this role.

You played a negative character for the first time in Kya Hua Tera Vaada. How have the reviews been? Very good. However, I didn't do the show for reviews, but for myself. TV is dominated by women, but you get very few options to play different roles. You are mostly seen as the bechari bahu. So, when I was offered to play a strong and confident woman, I was elated. Also, it gave me the opportunity to experiment. I loved the fact that the character takes the story forward. As an actor, I don't carry a baggage. I try to push myself and do things within the given parameters. Earlier, I have played an undercover cop and politician. Anushka has different shades. She is not the usual submissive, helpless, regressive woman. After doing this, the big channels got in touch with me for the first time. This is something which the positive roles never got me. I could connect to a different set of audience. Earlier, only homemakers would relate to me.

Do you relate to Anushka ' a strong, confident woman? Anushka is confident and I could relate to her, because everybody has that a bit of grey shade in them. She is a one-man woman. I would have behaved the same way if I had met my first love after 10 years. But at present Anushka is seen as too venomous. Nobody can be like her in real life. In fact, koi Mona type ka bhi nahi ho sakta, so sacrificing and goody-goody. We portray black and white characters on screen because people like it that way.

Your co-star from Saaksshi, Amit Sadh, has finally found a foothold in Bollywood with Kai Po Che. Are you planning to follow suit? Like Amit, if I am offered a tempting role and that too on big a canvas, then yes.

Edited by ALUJNA21 - 15 March 2013 at 1:01am

ALUJNA21

Coolbie

ALUJNA21

Posted: 15 March 2013 at 1:00am | IP Logged

Spoiler alert: One of Ekta's daayan revealed

Spoiler alert: One of Ekta's daayan revealed
Sumona Chakravarty

RELATED

It is a known fact that SumonaChakravarti, who essays the role of Natasha aka Nuts in Bade AchheLagteHai, has joined the team of KaahinKissii Roz MouliGanguly, SudhaChandran and YashTonk who will be part of the Kolkata-special episode of EktaKapoor's upcoming promotional series on TV, EkThhiNaayka.

But did you know Sumona will be playing the daayan in the episode? Yes, you heard it right. Set against a Bengali backdrop, the story revolves around Laboni (Sumona) and theatre veteran Tanushree (Mouli). When the young Laboni becomes more successful in her first play, Tanushree gets insecure and tries to find out her relation with Uma Biswas, Tanushree's mentor, played by Sudha Chandran. She then stumbles on the fact that Laboni is actually a daayan. Konkona Sen Sharma, who features in a cameo in the episode, will help Tanushree find the daayan. Sumona refused to comment on the issue.

Ek Thhi Naayka is Ekta Kapoor's innovative marketing strategy to promote her movie Ek Thi Daayan, which stars Emraan Hashmi, Huma Qureshi, Konkana Sen Sharma and Kalki Koechlin in lead roles. The film is all set to hit the screens on April 15.

In another episode, which is set in Gujarat and has Smriti Irani (Swati) and Amarr Upadhyay (Mukesh) in the lead Jaya Bhattacharya will play the Daayan. "I have shot a couple of scenes and will resume shooting today," Jaya, who will be seen in a Gujarati style sari on the episode, said. According to sources, the episode is about what happens when Swati marries Mukesh and unusual things happen after marriage.

ALUJNA21

Coolbie

ALUJNA21

Posted: 15 March 2013 at 1:00am | IP Logged

Bhavesh is Emraan & Huma's son in Ek Thhi Daayan

Bhavesh is Emraan & Huma's son in Ek Thhi Daayan
Bhavesh

Eleven-year-old BhaveshBalchandani, who plays Ranvijay in Veera, is playing EmraanHashmi and HumaQuereshi's adopted son, Zubin, in EkThhiDaayan. He has got an important role in the movie.

He was selected from among 500 children who came to audition for the role. "I had to give 10 rounds. Then there was a workshop with VishalBharadwaj, KananIyer and EktaKapoor, after which I was selected. The shoot was done in middle 2012 over a period of 30-35 days in Delhi and Mumbai. I will shoot with them again this month for 2-3 days as some re-shoots need to be done," said Bhavesh, who shot for ETD before he was selected to play Ranvijay.

His mother, Veena, too was elated, "They both told me that Bhavesh was immensely talented. They had lots of fun on the sets." Ask her if Bhavesh is scared of ghosts in real life and she says, "He is extremely scared though he tries to show that he is brave." Sources said that the Emraan plays a magician in the film, which has a period element to it. Bhavesh, who will be shown as psychic, had to enact dramatic and intense sequences.

Apart from Bhavesh, Vishesh Tiwari of Chillar Party fame and Sara Arjun have significant roles in the movie. Vishesh is playing the young Emraan whose character is based on magician David Blaine.

ALUJNA21

Coolbie

ALUJNA21

Posted: 15 March 2013 at 4:42pm | IP Logged

TRP Verdict: Diya Aur Baati Hum is no.1 on the TRP chart

Diya Aur Baati Hum on Star Plus is the No. 1 show even though it's a saas-bahu conflict with no big stars. It seems all you need is kitchen politics!

TRP did not dip, it increased with the new anandi on balika vadhu : As Toral Rasputra replaced Pratyusha Banerjee in Colors' Balika Vadhu, the TRPs went from 4.2 to 4.3.

Comedy serial can be in top ten: Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah on SAB TV is at No. 5 position.

Devon Ke Dev Mahadev out of top ten: Yet this show on Life OK remains the most popular mythological series on TV with a TRP of 2.2.

India's Best Dramebaaz, the No. 1 reality show: Vivek Oberoi-Anurag Basu-Sonali Bendre's India's Best Dramebaaz on Zee TV has made a good beginning.

New show: Ek Thi Naayka, the new series on Life Ok, which is an innovative marketing concept by Ekta Kapoor, registered a 1.0 TRP.

Not Happening: Ramayan may have been the most popular show in the 80s, but the current one on Zee TV recorded one of the lowest ratings 0.4.

ALUJNA21

Coolbie

ALUJNA21

Posted: 17 March 2013 at 10:12am | IP Logged

Alka Amin in Ek Thhi Naayka

Alka Amin in Ek Thhi Naayka
Alka Amin
Ekta Kapoor's unique promotional series Ek Thhi Naayka on Life OK to promote her upcoming film Ek Thhi Daayan has been making headlines these days.

All the Balaji loyalist like Smriti Irani, Amar Upadhayay and Jaya Bhattacharya are making their TV comeback with this show and the latest actor to join the cast is Alka Amin.

Sources inform that Alka who played Samir Soni's mother in Parichay has been roped into play a pivotal role. She will be a part of Smriti Irani and Amar Upadhayay's story. Alka will essay the role of Smriti's mother on the show.

When contacted, Alka said, "Yes, I am doing the show and I am looking forward to work with Smriti. I've heard a lot about her on the sets so am sure it would be a nice working experience."

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 17 March 2013 at 12:43pm | IP Logged
edited

Edited by KS_Shreya - 17 March 2013 at 3:14pm

ALUJNA21

Coolbie

ALUJNA21

Posted: 18 March 2013 at 5:32am | IP Logged

Jannat Zubair Rehmani in Ek Thhi Naayka

Jannat Zubair Rehmani in Ek Thhi Naayka
Jannat Zubair Rehmani

Child Prodigy Jannat Zubair Rehmani, who shot to fame with Colors' Phulwa and was recently seen in Life OK's Savdhaan India- India Fight's Back has done a variety of roles on small screen.

The child actor has won millions of hearts with the portrayal of some powerful roles on small screen and now she will soon be seen in an upcoming episode of Balaji Telefilm's Ek Thhi Naayka on Life OK.

Sources inform that Jannat will team up Shweta Tiwari, one of eight Naayka's of Ek Thhi Naayka. She will play a mysterious character who goes on killing corrupt politicians and people who help these politicians in their corrupt practices. Jannat will begin shooting for her character from tomorrow (19 March 2013. Apart from Jannat, Raj Singh Arora who was last seen in Channel V's The Serial will also be seen in the show as one of the leads. He will essay a photographer on the show.

When contacted, Jannat, her father received the call and said, "Yes, Jannat is a part of Ek Thhi Naayka but I can't comment anything on the role that she will be playing on the show."

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Ek Thi Naayka Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.