*Ek thi Naayka* Articles archieves - Page 3

Posted: 10 years ago

Vishal Gandhi and Parvati Sehgal join Pooja Gor in Ek Thi Naayka

Vishal Gandhi and Parvati Sehgal

Summary: Pooja Gor will soon be seen in an episodic story which will be a visual treat for the viewers. The latest information that we have got is that Vishal Gandhi who was earlier seen in Balaji Telefilms' Pyaar Ki Yeh Ek Kahaani has been roped in to play the husband of Pooja Gor. Along with them, Parvati Sehgal of Pratigya fame will also be seen in the episodic. The story is basically about a couple based in Delhi who face hell when they have a brush with a spirit. We hear that the story will be rich in visual effects and a special visual effects team from Bangalore have been brought in to lend the series an extra punch.
Bhanu Uday & Neha Kaul in Ek Thi Naayka

Bhanu Uday & Neha Kaul in Ek Thi Naayka

Life OK and Balaji Telefilm's, Ek Thi Naayka has been hogging all the limelight these days all thanks to its impressive star cast and extraordinary story line. 

The unique promotional series to promote Ekta Kapoor's upcoming film Ek Thi Daayan marks the presence of eight leading ladies of small screen together on a show. After Smriti Irani, Ankita Lokhande, Shweta Tiwari, the series is now all set to witness another celebrity studded episode, starring Aamna Sharif in the lead.

The Lucknow special episode starring beautiful and talented Aamna Sharif in the lead will also have popular TV stars Bhanu Uday andNeha Kaul who will play pivotal roles on the show.

Sources inform that Aamna will play the role of a Lucknowi girl and Bhanu Uday has been roped into play the male lead opposite her. Neha Kaul, who was recently seen in Sony TV's Love Marriage Ya Arrange Marriage, will be seen essaying the role of Nazneen, the Daayan in Ek Thi Naayka. The plot of the show will revolve around a Muslim couple played by Bhanu Uday and Aamna Sharif. Neha's character will come back to take revenge on the couple. She will try to get back her lost love played by Bhanu Uday. The shooting for the show is currently on and the episode will be aired soon.

Interestingly, this particular episode is being made by Bolt Media Limited.

When contacted, Neha Kaul said, "Yes, I am doing the show but I can't reveal anything about the storyline. This is for the first time that I am doing a horror show so it was a great experience. I had super fun shooting for the show and got to learn many new things."

Sunny Goraya joins Aamna Sharif in Ek Thi Naayka

TOI.com exclusively reported about EktaKapoor'spromotional star studded series EkThiNaayka, starring Aamna Sharif will have names such asNehaKaul and BhanuUday.

Now, the latest we have heard is that this Lucknow special episode will also see Sunny Goraya, currently seen in Bade Achhe Lagte Hain essaying a meaty role. Shivani Chakravarty will too join hands with the star cast.

"Sunny will essay the character of Shoaib, brother in law to the character played by Aamna Sharif and this Lucknow story revolves around a Muslim couple." informs source.

When contacted, Sunny confirmed, "Currently I am shooting for Ek Thi Naayka but I can't reveal anything about the storyline as one has to watch it on Life OK."

Keep reading the space to know more exclusive updates!

Aamna loves Lucknow, the city of Nawabs

Actress Aamna Sharif seems to be in complete awe of Lucknow,
 the city of Nawabs.

She visited the city to shoot an episode of TV series "Ek Thhi Naayka".

"Very beautiful city. I love Lucknow, I love clothes and food here. It's a beautiful city," Aamna said here on the sets of "Ek Thhi Naayka".

The episode also features TV actor Bhanu Uday, who plays Aamna's husband in it. The story revolves around a Muslim couple living in Lucknow.

When asked, if she is scared of 'daayans' (witches) and ghosts, Aamna said: "If I see a 'daayan' on the screen, I get scared. I know that these things don't exist, but I get scared."

"Ek Thhi Naayka" is part of the promotional activity for Vishal Bhardwaj and Ekta Kapoor's forthcoming movie " Ek Thi Daayan".

The show is already on air and it has total eight stories with eight leading ladies from the small screen playing lead in each of them.

'Ek Thhi Naayka' star Aamna Sharif finds Lucknow beautiful

Mumbai: Renowned TV actor Aamna Sharif revealed her love about the city of Nawabs - Lucknow. She was here in the city for the shoot of an episode of TV serial 'Ek Thhi Naayka'. 

"Lucknow is a very beautiful city. I love everything about the city, the clothes, the food, everything," Aamna revealed her feelings about the city on the sets of 'Ek Thhi Naayka'.

The episode also features TV actor Bhanu Uday, who plays Aamna's husband in it. The story revolves around a Muslim couple living in Lucknow.

When asked, if she is scared of 'daayans' (witches) and ghosts, Aamna said, "If I see a 'daayan' on the screen, I get scared. I know that these things don't exist, but I get scared."

"Ek Thhi Naayka" is part of the promotional activity for Vishal Bhardwaj and Ekta Kapoor's forthcoming movie "Ek Thi Daayan". 

The show is already on air and it has total eight stories with eight leading ladies from the small screen playing lead in each of them.
Huma, Aamna share screen space in 'Ek Thhi Naayka'

Huma, Aamna share screen space in 'Ek Thhi Naayka'

Bollywood actress Huma Qureshi will be seen with popular TV star Aamna Shariff in the TV show "Eh Thhi Naayka".

" Ek Thhi Naayka" is a special eight-episode TV show launched on Life OK to promote Vishal Bhardwaj and Ekta Kapoor's forthcoming co-production venture " Ek Thi Daayan", scheduled for an April 19 release.

Huma, who also features in Kannan Iyer's directorial debut, does a cameo in the episode that will be aired in two parts on Saturday and Sunday.

Based in Lucknow, the show depicts Aamna as Raziya and Bhanu Uday plays her husband Mohsin.

Huma will play Raziya's friend, who will help her find out about'daayan'.

Ekta and Bhardwaj will also be seen doing cameos in "Ek Thhi Naayka".

Actress Konkona Sen Sharma, who features in the movie, has already made an appearance in one of the episodes.

Other cast members Emraan Hashmi and Kalki Koechlin will also be seen in the forthcoming episodes.

The TV series went on air March 9, and it has Smriti Irani, Sakshi Tanwar, Aamna Shariff,Shweta Tiwari, Ankita Lokhande, Kritika Kamra and Pooja Gor playing lead roles.
TRPs come from small towns: Mouli Ganguly

TRPs come from small towns: Mouli Ganguly

She might have been a part of soaps that were panned for being repetitive, but TV's Mouli Ganguly feels she's experimented with her roles and says she's always believed in taking up challenges. And her recent appearance on 'Ek Thhi Naayka', a promotional series for the film 'Ek Thi Daayan', certainly isn't cliched or routine for TV. Excerpts from an interview:

On Ek Thhi Naayka
It's after a long time that I shot with the team ofKaahin Kissii Roz (the serial that launched her). We got extremely nostalgic when we started the shoot. I have always been in awe of Sudhaji (Sudha Chandran, her mother-in-law on Kaahin Kissii Roz). Back in those days, it wasamazing to work with her.

On playing negative and positive characters with ease
I am an actor and it's my job. I have regularly been doing plays that require me to do a lot of comedy. I don't like to play safe. After Kaahin Kissii Roz, I played an undercover cop in Sakshi. I don't have those sort of inhibitions about playing a certain kind of character. I don't move around with that baggage. If you look at TV, we get to do much fewer challenging roles. So when I got an opportunity to go a role with grey shades, I accepted it.

On changes in the TV industry
TV has become much more commercial these days and it's all about TRPs. Earlier, TV actors didn't get the kind of exposure they're getting now. I mean, even news channels have dedicated shows that tell the viewer about an actor's personal life. So it's good, in a way. However, there was a sustenance factor for our shows. People still remember me as Shaina (the name of her character in Kaahin Kissii Roz), but now shows don't have this recall value. I'm extremely lucky to have been a part of that phase. Last time I was here, a few years younger, it was entirely different.

On the portrayal of women on TV
Everybody - be it the channel or the production house - works for TRPs. The majority of TRPscome from small towns. I think the kind of women that are shown on TV somewhat reflect women in smaller towns. Even films today are made with a view to earning 100 crores. People try to play safe by making remakes or out-and-out entertainers that will earn them good money. As a viewer, I also miss watching shows like Fauji, Tara, Circus and Banegi Apni Baat, which was my favourite, or even for that matter Astitva, but they might not get channels the TRPs they need. However, I think there needs to be a balance.

On doing the role of a docile woman
Personally, I am not very comfortable doing those roles. When I was offered the role of Anushka in Kya Hua Tera Waada, I took it up. Even though it was a negative character, I found it relatable, in the sense that she was a modern woman.

On reality shows
I would love to do a dance reality show but I don't think I will fit into any other reality show. I don't think I will get them TRPs because as a person, I am not that open. I would never be able to do the kind of things reality shows expect participants to do.

On working with husband Mazhar
No one has offered us any show together. There was a show offered to us where Mazhar was required to play my son, but we refused it.

On becoming a mother
I do want to experience motherhood. I have been a good daughter and a good wife. The planning is definitely on, but at the moment, I am busy with my work.

Pooja Gaur: I consider Ekta Kapoor my godmother, my mentor!

Pooja Gaur: I consider Ekta Kapoor my godmother, my mentor!

The gorgeous and demure actor became the face of women's empowerment with a show on Star Plus. She started her TV career with Kitani Mohabbat Hai and came into the limelight with Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya, which ran for almost three years

Actor Pooja Gaur talks about her life, working with Balaji and Ekta Kapoor again, her relationship with Raj Singh Arora and what's going to keep her busy in 2013…

Let's start simple – what's new in your life?

Well, I've got a new haircut – if that's what you mean! And yes, I am doing several shows.

What's your story in Ekta Kapoor's Ek Thhi Naayka?

I really can't reveal too much. But I'll give you a small outline – I play a Delhi girl going to office, who lives in a high-rise building. Something weird happens in the flat and that is what the story will revolve around.

What is it like being a part of Balaji Telefilms?

It's always great to be part of Balaji. I began my journey in the TV industry with them – so it's good to be working with them again. I am someone who never forgets my roots. I consider Ekta my godmother, my mentor, so it's always an honour to be part of any project that she's doing.

Do you believe in the supernatural or superstitions?

I don't believe in ghosts, 'coz I have never felt or experienced any myself. But I will not deny that it happens. If I am not sure about something, how can I pass any judgement on it? Although I can say that I am a little superstitious. I believe it's a bad sign when a black cat passes crosses your path. But I take the name of God and pass by and don't dwell too much on it.

What have you been doing since Pratigya?

Thankfully, even after Pratigya got over I haven't been idle for a day. I did The Serial on Channel V; now I will be seen in Ek Thhi Naayka. After that, I am doing Savdhaan India on Life OK. Then I have Pratigya 2in the pipeline.

Will the story of Pratigya 2 be a continuation of part one?

The show is still in the planning stages. Nothing has been written yet, so I do not know the plot or whom I will be paired opposite. The only thing I can confirm is that Pratigya 2 is happening, and I am in it.

Will you be comfortable playing a mother or grandmother in the next part?

I don't really have much of a problem with that. People have seen me play Pratigya – so why shy away from it?

What kind of role would you like to do in Pratigya 2?

Frankly, I want my character to be completely different from what I have already played.

At a time when most shows still revolve around saas and bahus, how different can Pratigya 2be?

Why not! There are so many different kinds of shows nowadays. Then again, it all depends on what clicks with the audiences. After all, shows are about numbers these days, 'coz at the end of the day it's still a business.

How has Star Plus' Pratigya changed your life?

It has changed my life both personally and professionally. I have grown in every way. And there's not enough to say about the love and adulation I received from my fans.

Do you think sequels work in Indian television?

I am an avid viewer of international shows. The shows abroad are all about trial and error – they plan the concept only for about ten to 20 episodes, which makes a season. If it works, they plan another season. However, Indian television is different. A show runs as long as it delivers good numbers, or else it's pulled off air.

So did Pratigya's numbers drop?

Every show's numbers drop. It's a constant competition every day, with ten different channels and five major GECs on every time slot available. It is difficult to keep up with the competition. Every show will make way for a new one at some time or the other. How long will someone watch the same show?

Which was Pratigya's biggest competition?

I think it was Bade Acche Lagte Hain.

One thing you hate about television…

A show is made for entertainment, but channels run only on TRPs – that's the sad part of it.

One thing you would like to change about TV…

I would just cut the TRP systems entirely. TRPs should not be considered the judging point. A show must have time to impress viewers. Hit or flop – it shouldn't be decided by numbers.

Have you considered being a part of reality shows?

I'd love to be part of a dance reality show…unless it clashes with my schedule. I was offered Nach Baliye this year, but Raj and I couldn't make time for it. When they offered it to us, Pratigya was still not off air, and I had just signed The Serial.

So do you consult with Raj Singh Arora before taking up a show?

Raj and I never interfere with each other's work decisions. We keep it separate from our personal lives. However, we take help and suggestions, but never insist or interfere.

Is there any show currently running that you'd want to be a part of?

I am happy with the shows I have done and am going to do. I have so much on my plate that I do not want to look in ten different ways, 'coz that will be really confusing.

Is there anything you follow on TV now?

Jay Soni and Kunal Karan Kapoor are dear friends. So I do make it a point to watch their shows,Sanskaar – Darohar Apno Ki and Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha respectively. I also like Diya Aur Bati Hum. I do make it a point to catch up with Balika Vadhu too.

Do you think TV is regressive?

No, I do not think so. After the kind of shows we are doing these days, no! It's not regressive, but it's progressing at a very slow pace.

If not an actor, what would you be?

I actually have no idea. I'd probably have been a banker!

Sakshi Tanwar and Deepak Qazir to share screen space in Life OK's Ek Thhi Naayka

Sakshi Tanwar and Deepak Qazir

Summary: Yes, you heard it right!! While Sakshi Tanwar will be seen in a very different role of a Line Producer working for a movie, the veteran actor Deepak Qazir plays the Thakur of a forsaken Haveli, where the shoot for a film is being planned. The shoot for the episodic is presently on. The story has the backdrop of a small township in Rajasthan.
Mansi Verma of Kahaani fame in Ek Thi Naayka

Mansi Verma of Kahaani fame in Ek Thi Naayka

Mansi Verma, who has shows like Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, CID, Jai Maa Durga to her credits is all set to mark her comeback with Ekta Kapoor'sEk Thi Naayka on Life OK. 

The actress will once again share screen space with her Kahaani co-stars Sakshi Tanwar and Deepak Qazir.

Sources inform that Mansi will play the role of Sakshi Tanwar's best friend who is also a psychologist. The plot of the episode will revolve around a Line Producer Sakshi Tanwar is part of a film shoot at a deserted Haveli. Sakshi's on-screen character will be haunted at the Haveli where the shoot for the particular film is on. Mansi's character who is Sakshi's friend will try to help her and find solutions. Deepak Qazir, the veteran actor on the hand plays the Thakur of that Haveli. 

Confirming the news, Mansi says, "I am having an amazing time working on Ek Thi Naayka as I am getting a chance to work with the same unit and co-stars like Sakshi and Deepakji yet again. It's like a semi-reunion for us and we are having a blast shooting for the show." 

Mansi adds, "When I heard that I will get an opportunity of working with Balaji Production's, the company I started my acting career with I immediately jumped and agreed to do Ek Thi Naayka. So it's a great chance and I am glad that am working with Sakshi and Deepakji yet again."