Frequent Posters

ALUJNA21 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 11 years ago

Spoiler alert: One of Ekta's daayan revealed

Spoiler alert: One of Ekta's daayan revealed
Sumona Chakravarty

RELATED

It is a known fact that SumonaChakravarti, who essays the role of Natasha aka Nuts in Bade AchheLagteHai, has joined the team of KaahinKissii Roz — MouliGanguly, SudhaChandran and YashTonk — who will be part of the Kolkata-special episode of EktaKapoor's upcoming promotional series on TV, EkThhiNaayka.

But did you know Sumona will be playing the daayan in the episode? Yes, you heard it right. Set against a Bengali backdrop, the story revolves around Laboni (Sumona) and theatre veteran Tanushree (Mouli). When the young Laboni becomes more successful in her first play, Tanushree gets insecure and tries to find out her relation with Uma Biswas, Tanushree's mentor, played by Sudha Chandran. She then stumbles on the fact that Laboni is actually a daayan. Konkona Sen Sharma, who features in a cameo in the episode, will help Tanushree find the daayan. Sumona refused to comment on the issue.

Ek Thhi Naayka is Ekta Kapoor's innovative marketing strategy to promote her movie Ek Thi Daayan, which stars Emraan Hashmi, Huma Qureshi, Konkana Sen Sharma and Kalki Koechlin in lead roles. The film is all set to hit the screens on April 15.

In another episode, which is set in Gujarat and has Smriti Irani (Swati) and Amarr Upadhyay (Mukesh) in the lead — Jaya Bhattacharya will play the Daayan. "I have shot a couple of scenes and will resume shooting today," Jaya, who will be seen in a Gujarati style sari on the episode, said. According to sources, the episode is about what happens when Swati marries Mukesh and unusual things happen after marriage.

ALUJNA21 thumbnail

Bhavesh is Emraan & Huma's son in Ek Thhi Daayan

Bhavesh is Emraan & Huma's son in Ek Thhi Daayan
Bhavesh

Eleven-year-old BhaveshBalchandani, who plays Ranvijay in Veera, is playing EmraanHashmi and HumaQuereshi's adopted son, Zubin, in EkThhiDaayan. He has got an important role in the movie.

He was selected from among 500 children who came to audition for the role. "I had to give 10 rounds. Then there was a workshop with VishalBharadwaj, KananIyer and EktaKapoor, after which I was selected. The shoot was done in middle 2012 over a period of 30-35 days in Delhi and Mumbai. I will shoot with them again this month for 2-3 days as some re-shoots need to be done," said Bhavesh, who shot for ETD before he was selected to play Ranvijay.

His mother, Veena, too was elated, "They both told me that Bhavesh was immensely talented. They had lots of fun on the sets." Ask her if Bhavesh is scared of ghosts in real life and she says, "He is extremely scared though he tries to show that he is brave." Sources said that the Emraan plays a magician in the film, which has a period element to it. Bhavesh, who will be shown as psychic, had to enact dramatic and intense sequences.

Apart from Bhavesh, Vishesh Tiwari of Chillar Party fame and Sara Arjun have significant roles in the movie. Vishesh is playing the young Emraan whose character is based on magician David Blaine.
ALUJNA21 thumbnail

TRP Verdict: Diya Aur Baati Hum is no.1 on the TRP chart

Diya Aur Baati Hum on Star Plus is the No. 1 show even though it's a saas-bahu conflict with no big stars. It seems all you need is kitchen politics!

TRP did not dip, it increased with the new anandi on balika vadhu : As Toral Rasputra replaced Pratyusha Banerjee in Colors' Balika Vadhu, the TRPs went from 4.2 to 4.3.

Comedy serial can be in top ten: Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah on SAB TV is at No. 5 position.

Devon Ke Dev Mahadev out of top ten: Yet this show on Life OK remains the most popular mythological series on TV with a TRP of 2.2.

India's Best Dramebaaz, the No. 1 reality show: Vivek Oberoi-Anurag Basu-Sonali Bendre's India's Best Dramebaaz on Zee TV has made a good beginning.

New show: Ek Thi Naayka, the new series on Life Ok, which is an innovative marketing concept by Ekta Kapoor, registered a 1.0 TRP.

Not Happening: Ramayan may have been the most popular show in the 80s, but the current one on Zee TV recorded one of the lowest ratings — 0.4.
ALUJNA21 thumbnail

Alka Amin in Ek Thhi Naayka

Alka Amin in Ek Thhi Naayka
Alka Amin
Ekta Kapoor's unique promotional series Ek Thhi Naayka on Life OK to promote her upcoming film Ek Thhi Daayan has been making headlines these days.

All the Balaji loyalist like Smriti Irani, Amar Upadhayay and Jaya Bhattacharya are making their TV comeback with this show and the latest actor to join the cast is Alka Amin.

Sources inform that Alka who played Samir Soni's mother in Parichay has been roped into play a pivotal role. She will be a part of Smriti Irani and Amar Upadhayay's story. Alka will essay the role of Smriti's mother on the show.

When contacted, Alka said, "Yes, I am doing the show and I am looking forward to work with Smriti. I've heard a lot about her on the sets so am sure it would be a nice working experience."
Minionite thumbnail
edited Edited by KS_Shreya - 11 years ago
ALUJNA21 thumbnail

Jannat Zubair Rehmani in Ek Thhi Naayka

Jannat Zubair Rehmani in Ek Thhi Naayka
Jannat Zubair Rehmani

Child Prodigy Jannat Zubair Rehmani, who shot to fame with Colors' Phulwa and was recently seen in Life OK's Savdhaan India- India Fight's Back has done a variety of roles on small screen.

The child actor has won millions of hearts with the portrayal of some powerful roles on small screen and now she will soon be seen in an upcoming episode of Balaji Telefilm's Ek Thhi Naayka on Life OK.

Sources inform that Jannat will team up Shweta Tiwari, one of eight Naayka's of Ek Thhi Naayka. She will play a mysterious character who goes on killing corrupt politicians and people who help these politicians in their corrupt practices. Jannat will begin shooting for her character from tomorrow (19 March 2013. Apart from Jannat, Raj Singh Arora who was last seen in Channel V's The Serial will also be seen in the show as one of the leads. He will essay a photographer on the show.

When contacted, Jannat, her father received the call and said, "Yes, Jannat is a part of Ek Thhi Naayka but I can't comment anything on the role that she will be playing on the show."
ALUJNA21 thumbnail

Smriti Irani shoots for Ek Thi Naayka

The elusive actress now an MP, is in town shooting for Ekta Kapoor's Ek Thi Naayka..

Monday, March 18, 2013 | 7:05:09 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums / TellyBuzz  |   1 Comments  |  202 Views

All her fans have been eagerly waiting for Smriti Irani to come back on Television. It is happy times for them and more so because Smriti will be seen with her earlier co-actors, the original Mihir Virani (Amar Upadhyay) and Jaya Bhattacharya from Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi.

She is currently in town shooting for Balaji Telefilms two episode story in Ek Thi Naayka on Life OK. Smriti shoots in the night for the show in Mumbai and goes back to Delhi to attend the Parliament sessions and perform her duties as an MP. The entire travel and shoot experience seemed to have taken its toll and thus sounding a little off-color yet ever-enthusiastic about her show, the actor spoke to TellyBuzz about her experience.

What made you accept this role in Ek Thi Naayka?

The only reason I'm doing Ek Thi Nayika is because Ekta asked me to. Every time I've worked for Balaji I've done it with the full faith that Ekta will weave me into an interesting project.

How does it feel coming back to Ekta and Balaji?

It's like a homecoming. I am back to my roots.

Tell us little bit about your character and the story…

I can't share the plot or the story but it sure promises to be interesting.

How is it shooting with co-actors Jaya Bhattacharya and Amar Upadhyay again?

Jaya was and is one of my very dear friends in the industry. It is great to catch up with her. I'm particularly enjoying pulling her leg every day at work. With her role as Payal in Kyunki... people always presumed that she was the wicked one and I was the dukhiyari because of which she has been subjected to many pranks.

It's equally nice to catch up with Amar after so long.

Is there a nostalgic feeling while working on the sets of Balaji?

Yes my attachment to Balaji is not only restricted to Ekta, Shobhaji, Jeetuji and the actors that I've worked with but also many people in the management and technical departments. Ketan Gupta, Meetu, Vishal Mehra even my director Muzamill, many of us began our careers in Balaji hence it feels nice to be back with the old gang.

How do you manage the shoot in Mumbai while the session is on in Delhi? Is it hectic? And are you finding it worth it?

Hectic yes, but as always I have managed to multi-task and survive.

Do you miss acting? Will we see you do a full- fledged role again or make a serial as a producer?

I don't miss acting as such. Just miss company of old friends, the cacophony that surrounds our get together and the spirit to make history on Indian TV.

Seema Khot Mattoo

-purnima- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

ALUJNA21 thumbnail

Nothing can scare me: Smriti Irani

Nothing can scare me: Smriti Irani
Smriti Irani

RELATED

Actress-politician Smriti Irani, who will soon be seen as one of the 'naaykas' in horror TV show "Ek Thhi Naayka", says it is hard for anything in the world to scare her.

"I have reached a point where I cannot get scared of anything. Yes, I can scare people. That's why I have to work hard to look scared, especially in this show," the 36-year-old said here Tuesday on the sets of the promotional show.

For the show, Smriti shares the screen space with actors Amar Upadhyay and Jaya Bhattacharya, who worked with her in hit TV show "Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi".

Jaya said she would like to meet a ghost one day.

"I would like to meet a ghost and know why are people scared of it. I try to conquer everything that scares me," Jaya said.

Talking about the plot of the story, Jaya said: "In 'Kyunki...', there was a triangle - Mihir, Payal and Tulsi. Here also it is a triangle - Mukesh, Swati and Chhavi. I play Mukesh's first wife and Smriti is the second wife. So I am teasing her. I am good at it."

"Ek Thhi Naayka" is a promotional series for Ekta Kapoor's new film "Ek Thi Daayan".

The show stars eight actresses as naaykas in different stories, showcased across different episodes.
ALUJNA21 thumbnail

Jassi' fame Surinder Kaur in Ek Thi Naayka

Tejashree Bhopatkar, TNN | Mar 28, 2013, 03.29 PM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
READ MORE Vishal Gandhi|Surinder Kaur|Pooja Gor|Parvati Sehgal|Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin
'Jassi' fame Surinder Kaur in Ek Thi Naayka
Surinder Kaur
Names like Parvati Sehgal, Vishal Gandhi are pouring out in the media to feature in the next episode of Ekta Kapoor's Ek Thi Naayka, starring Pratigya fame Pooja Gor. Here comes another big name, who will join the star cast to feature in the episode.

Surinder Kaur aka AmritWalia of Sony TV's Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin will be making a television comeback after a long hiatus as she was last seen in Banoo Main Teri Dulhan in a full-fledged role.

Pooja Gor's story is of course a Delhi based one, where a couple faces trouble in their life when they confront with a spirit. Pooja Gor and Vishal Gandhi will play husband-wife in the episode while Surinder Kaur will essay mother to the protagonist.

When contacted, Surinder, who was at the dentist, managed to say, "Yes, even I have heard that I will be doing Ek Thi Naayka (laughs)."

Keep reading the space to know more updates!!!