*Ek thi Naayka* Articles archieves

Posted: 11 years ago
Post all the archieves articles concerning the show
Ek thi Naayka here.

Not scared of ghosts, says Yash Tonk

TV actor Yash Tonk, who features in an episode of " Ek Thhi Naayka", a promotional episode for thriller film "Ek Thi Daayan", says he is not scared of ghosts.

Yash features in one of the "Ek Thhi Naayka"stories, which has his " Kaahin Kissii Roz" co-star Mouli Ganguly as the 'Naayka'.

"I am not scared of ghosts. I have never experienced any such thing in my life and may be if I experience any such thing then may be I would be able to say if I am scared of them. It looks good only in stories," Yash said here on the sets of "Ek Thhi Naayka".

The episode will also see an appearance by Konkona Sen Sharma, who is one of the leading ladies in the film "Ek Thi Daayan".

"Ek Thhi Naayka" is a promotional series to promote Ekta Kapoor's production "Ek Thi Daayan", where eight leading ladies from the small screen will present eight different stories.

TV actor Yash Tonk, who features in an episode of "Ek Thhi Naayka", a promotional episode for thriller film "Ek Thi Daayan", says he is not scared of ghosts.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 | 5:00:13 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: IANS  |   9 Comments  |  1210 Views

TV actor Yash Tonk, who features in an episode of Life Ok's "Ek Thhi Naayka", a promotional episode for thriller film "Ek Thi Daayan", says he is not scared of ghosts.

Yash features in one of the "Ek Thhi Naayka" stories, which has his "Kaahin Kissii Roz" co-star Mouli Ganguly as the 'naayka'.

"I am not scared of ghosts. I have never experienced any such thing in my life and may be if I experience any such thing then may be I would be able to say if I am scared of them. It looks good only in stories," Yash said here on the sets of "Ek Thhi Naayka".

The episode will also see an appearance byKonkona Sen Sharma, who is one of the leading ladies in the film "Ek Thi Daayan".

"Ek Thhi Naayka" is a promotional series to promote Ekta Kapoor's production "Ek Thi Daayan", where eight leading ladies from the small screen will present eight different stories

Will Urvashi be seen in Ek Thi Naayka?

Urvashi Dholakia who became popular as Komolika in Balaji Telefilm's Kasauti Zindagi Ki also may be one of the actors in one of the upcoming episodes of Ek Thi Naayka.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 | 1:33:34 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   6 Comments  |  1842 Views

Post her Bigg Boss Season 6 win, Urvashi was busy with the promotions for the channel and after that took off for a much needed vacation of 8 days to Dubai. When quizzed about it Urvashi who is taking it easy after her Bigg Boss Season 6 win says, "Well, I did get a call from Balaji but I was travelling at that time. I could not decipher what they were saying on phone when I got the call. Now, after I am back I have not spoken to anyone in Balaji so I don't know whether the call was for Ek Thi Naayka"

The svelte actress who is currently seen inColors Nautanki – The Comedy Theater has also been a bit unwell due to health related issues, however admits that she would love to be a part of it, "I had to take rest and take things easy for some time but I am currently busy rehearsing and performing for Nautanki – The Comedy Theater and would love to be part of Ek Thi Naayka if approached for it."

Yes, even we would want to see Urvashi's & Balaji magic together on TV for sure
!

Konkona to appear with Mouli in 'Ek Thhi Naayka'

Actress Konkona Sen Sharma will be seen with Mouli Ganguly in the TV show "Ek Thhi Naayika".

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 | 11:30:05 AM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: IANS  |   9 Comments  |  1118 Views

"Ek Thhi Naayka" is a special eight-episode TV show launched on Life OK to promote Ekta Kapoor's forthcoming production venture "Ek Thi Daayan", which is scheduled for a April 18 release.

Konkona, who also features in theKannan Iyer's directorial debut, does a cameo in the episode, which will go on air Saturday and Sunday. She plays herself in it.

Based in Kolkata, the story is about a middle-age theatre veteran Tanushree Dasgupta, played by Mouli. She is paying a tribute to her mentor and one time leading actress Uma Biswas by doing a play in her honour.

During the staging of the play she meets a newcomer called Laboni, who gives a fantastic performance in the play.

But Tanushree realises unusual things happen when Laboni is around.

Then enters Konkona, who helps Tanushree find out the real picture.

Ekta and co-producer of the film Vishal Bhardwaj will also be seen doing cameos in "Ek Thhi Naayka".

Even other cast members Emraan HashmiKalki Koechlin and Huma Qureshi will appear in forthcoming episodes of the show.

The TV series went on air March 9, and it has Smriti Irani, Sakshi Tanwar, Aamna Shariff,Shweta TiwariAnkita LokhandeKritika Kamra and Pooja Gor playing lead roles

Kiran Karmarkar turned down Ek Thi Naayka!

Kiran Karmarkar turned down Ek Thi Naayka!
Kiran Karmarkar

Big names are pouring out in the media for Ekta Kapoor's unique marketing promotional series Ek Thi Naayka.

With seasoned names like Amar Upadhyay and Jaya Bhattarcharya joining Naayka Smriti Irani, Yash Tonk and Sudha Chandran joining Naayka Mouli Ganguly, Kiran Karmarkar too was approached to join Sakshi Tanwar for an episode.

Wasn't it a perfect match for Sakshi and recreating the magic of Om and Parvati? But unfortunately Kiran Karmarkar had a date issues. "Yes, they approached me but they were asking for dates which were already given for the promotion of Badalte Rishton Ki Dastan. Hence I couldn't take the show," states Kiran Karmarkar.

Sources too informed that the makers are eyeing on some big name opposite Sakshi for Ek Thi Naayka.

We can say that audiences will miss the big time jodi Om and Parvati!
Edited by ALUJNA21 - 11 years ago

Bonding on the sets of Ek Thi Naayka

Mouli Ganguly is bonding big time with her co-actors on the sets of Ek Thi Naayka…

The latest story of Life Ok's Ek Thi Naayka that is being shot features Mouli Ganguly along with her co-actors Sudha Chandran and Yash Tonk from Kahin Kissi Roz. Talking about shooting together Mouli says, "We have shot together for KKR for 4 and half years and we have some good memories together. So now when we are shooting together again it is the same feeling."

In the Ek Thi Naayka story, Mouli plays a theatre actor who is frustrated in her field of work and is an admirer of another veteran actor played by Sudha Chandran who is sort of a guru for her, "When I started shooting for KKR, I was already in awe of Sudhaji who has been an acclaimed dancer and I was a fan of her since her Nache Mayuri days" says Mouli who also has also found a new friend in Bengali actress Sumona Chakravarty who essays an important role in the story.

"For me I have to like a person and I can make friends irrespective of their caste or background. As far as Sumona is concerned we have been meeting on and off when we are shooting nearby for our serials me for, Kya Hua Tera Wada and she for Bade Achche Lagte Hain so it was great to shoot together too for Ek Thi Naayka" adds Mouli about her bonding on the sets with Sumona.

I want to play Daayan one day: Kritika Kamra.

I want to play Daayan one day: Kritika Kamra.
Kritika Kamra
Beautiful and talented Kritika Kamra has played some of the most romantic roles on small screen but says that she wants to play a Daayan someday.

"I want to play a Daayan some day, I think that will be really interesting and exciting to try out. Also it will be a big challenge for me and I would definitely want to challenge myself," said the actress who will soon be seen in Ekta Kapoor's supernatural series Ek Thi Daayan.

Kritika who was launched by Ekta Kapoor in popular daily soap Kitni Mohabbat Hai has appeared in three romantic shows so far and admits that the popularity of her shows has contributed to her success. "Because of my shows popularity I am here starting from Kitni Mohabbat Hai to Kuch Toh Log Kahenge and now Ek Thi Daayan every show has contributed in making me who I am today, making me stand with the 7 leading ladies whom I have grown up watching like Smriti Irani and Sakshi Tanwar. Sharing a platform with them is really great and I am honoured that Ekta made me a part of Ek Thi Naayka," said Kritika.
While a lot of TV actors are making successful transformation from TV to Bollywood, the beautiful actress seems to be have no time for Bollywood, "I don't have time to struggle for Bollywood as I am shooting continuously this entire month without any holiday. I don't know if Bollywood is the stepping stone for TV actors as there is the whole of Bollywood coming down to TV so I really don't know who is using who as the stepping stone. A lot of people have made that transformation and its very good, I am happy for them but to each to its own. For me it depends on the content actually if it's exciting it doesnt matter to me if it's in Bollywood or TV," concludes the actress.

Ekta Kapoor to play a cameo in Ek Thhi Naayka

Ekta Kapoor

Summary: It is being heard that Ekta Kapoor will also make a brief appearance in one of the 16 episodes. Designed to promote the forthcoming film Ek Thi Daayan, the series has eight television icons under one roof for the first time namely Smriti Malhotra Irani, Sakshi Tanwar,Aamna Sharif, Shweta Tiwari, Mouli Ganguly, Ankita Lokhande, Kritika Kamra and Pooja Gor.

I had no clue about daayans

I had no clue about daayans
Mouli Ganguly

RELATED

As MouliGanguly gears up for EkThhiNaayka, she speaks to Toi.com about negative energy, playing a vamp on-screen and shooting with Konkona Sen Sharma.
You are pairing up with Sudha Chandran once again for Ek Thhi Naayka after the successful Kaahin Kissii Roz. How does it feel?
It is exciting since I am very close to Sudhaji. When I said yes to this project, I didn't know she is part of the series. When we did Kaahin Kissii Roz, I was a rank newcomer and she taught me a lot. In the process, I became a huge fan of hers ' a big chamchi. I would flood her with how-why-where questions. Then she did a Bengali jatra, which took her to Kolkata. There she met my family. Even when the show ended, we kept in touch, but couldn't meet because of our busy schedules. This time when we met, we started from where we had left. Even a part of the unit happens to be the same as Kaahin... so, it is like going back 10 years in time. All of them gang up together and pull my leg. They say, 'Dekho Mouli finally acting karna seekh gayi'.

Tell us about your role in the series. I play a Bengali theatre actress, Tanushree, which is incidentally my mother's name. Sumona Chakravarti too has an important role. Uma Biswas, played by Sudha Chandran, is Tanushree's mentor. Konkona Sen Sharma plays a cameo in it.

Do you believe in daayans and ghosts? I am very scared of certain things. If there is positive energy, then there must be negative energy to balance it. But honestly, I had no clue about daayans before doing this show. In Mumbai, people feel that everybody in Kolkata is related to jadu tona. They say, 'Bengal ka jadu tona to aata hoga tumhe'.

How was it shooting with Konkona? I admire her as an actor. It was a night act and we shot a Kali puja sequence where she tells me about the daayan. Poor thing she came on the sets and was immediately given a bunch of scenes. As TV actors we are used to it, but she was not. She was very cooperative though she missed her son, Haroon, who she had left behind at home. On the sets, Konkona, Sumona and I kept conversing in Bengali, much to the annoyance of people around us.

What made you take up the role? For me, Ekta's production house is like home. It is my comfort zone. It was an opportunity for eight known faces of Indian television to come together. I am getting to play a Bengali here, a culture I am closely associated to. I had no reason to say no. I am glad Ekta considered me for this role.

You played a negative character for the first time in Kya Hua Tera Vaada. How have the reviews been? Very good. However, I didn't do the show for reviews, but for myself. TV is dominated by women, but you get very few options to play different roles. You are mostly seen as the bechari bahu. So, when I was offered to play a strong and confident woman, I was elated. Also, it gave me the opportunity to experiment. I loved the fact that the character takes the story forward. As an actor, I don't carry a baggage. I try to push myself and do things within the given parameters. Earlier, I have played an undercover cop and politician. Anushka has different shades. She is not the usual submissive, helpless, regressive woman. After doing this, the big channels got in touch with me for the first time. This is something which the positive roles never got me. I could connect to a different set of audience. Earlier, only homemakers would relate to me.

Do you relate to Anushka ' a strong, confident woman? Anushka is confident and I could relate to her, because everybody has that a bit of grey shade in them. She is a one-man woman. I would have behaved the same way if I had met my first love after 10 years. But at present Anushka is seen as too venomous. Nobody can be like her in real life. In fact, koi Mona type ka bhi nahi ho sakta, so sacrificing and goody-goody. We portray black and white characters on screen because people like it that way.

Your co-star from Saaksshi, Amit Sadh, has finally found a foothold in Bollywood with Kai Po Che. Are you planning to follow suit? Like Amit, if I am offered a tempting role and that too on big a canvas, then yes.