Straightforward msg to all

atominis thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Having observed all ups and downs in the show and the hoopla in the forum, I felt like writing out my views (consider them request or opinions or whatever!) to BV makers, Prats, fans, Toral and members of the forum. This is no sermonising and no sarcasm or rudeness is intended at least from my side as I write. I want to speak on a lot of things so posts will be lengthy, sorry for that in advance, please bear with me. Thanks. Now here goes:

To PRATYUSHA ji:

In my opinion you weren't really a good replacement for original Anandi, and I used to think you were the weakest among all actors of BV (both in talent and onscreen charisma). It was the way Anandi's character was written and fleshed out that you got acceptance and viewers were hooked. I always felt your Anandi was more reactive than active. Her locus of control was outside.
I do appreciate your portrayal of depression during the Jagya-Gauri episodes and due to you looks, height and voice you suited romantic parts well.

BUT DEAR LADY, you were so excited to be doing BV and so eager to get acceptance. I think you should have known rules and demands of TV industry before getting into it, no? Even child actors like Avika Gor, Avinash, Ulka Gupta (Jhansi Ki Rani) and the little ones in Veera are doing their job as per its demands. They didn't quit. Their health didn't fail. I know you quit JDJ also due to "health". So frailty thy name is Pratyusha Bannerjee? Sorry, but if your health was weak then you should not have entered this industry at all. I must remind you movies are even more gruelling and Star Plus shows will be even more demanding. Enjoy your break, recharge, rejuvenate. Do well in life but take care of your health madam.

*In case BV team was unfair to you then I honestly feel for you and it's sad you got a raw deal.*

Lastly, never forget your roots really. Sakshi Tanwar quit KGGK many times only to return to it again and again. And now she again depends on Ekta and Balaji's shows and is readily available for all schedules! Smriti Irani also left but returned to KSKBT, later even her return couldn't earn her back her image or popularity, her other shows never succeeded and now she also does special appearances in Ekta's shows or is into politics. In TV, leaving the hand that feeds you is not really a good option.

- To Pratyusha FANS:

Are you really her fans or fans of the jodi AnSh? If you're truly the former then I feel sorry for what happened and I think all protests won't bring her back any time soon because producers also have ego, plus they did sign Toral, no? Even if they, suppose, bring back Prats, they can't do it any time soon. It will take time. Plus you have channel's FB, Twitter, official site of channel and TWO different sticky topics on this forum to plan protest or rant your heart out. Please generously make use of those instead of making new topics daily or making bashing type comments on Toral's looks or acting. Also, HONESTLY, tell me would you have bashed if some "more suitable" replacement had been taken for Anandi or is it just for Toral?Would you have bashed anyone who stepped in your Prats' shoes?
Lastly, I feel AnSh magic was more due to Sid's acting than Prats' (kill me for this if you want), though their contrasts did make them more appealing. If Sid acts in his element, AnSh can still work. Oh and yeah, BV isn't about jodis. If jodis and romance is what you're looking for, then this is not the right show.

On JODIS:

IMO, firstly BV isn't about jodis at all. Now: Shashank-Prats were no great shakes. Shashank-Sriti also don't click. Shashank had best chemistry with Anjum only this is why many liked Gauri and despite their relation being illegal, they still wanted to see Jagya-Gauri and rooted for GaGa!
Sid and Prats didn't appeal much to me earlier. I found Shiv too aggressive. I started liking them only later. I have to give credit to actors (Prats and Sid, more to Sid actually) but also to CVs for designing those moments which created magic. Believe me, I like the AnSh jodi too and I had also enjoyed reading FFs, OS and myself also imagined stories/scenes about them (I wanted to see them kiss onscreen though I know it's a total no no for an Indian show and that too like BV!). But what's happened has happened!

I wish the actress and PH had been able to make it work out between themselves. It is bad and hard to deal with if considered ONLY from JODI POV.

For me (and I know many) BV is about story and issues, so jodi break-up/change will hurt but won't matter much (even Mihir-Tulsi jodi was iconic and Mihir was changed so many times but Kyunki was never affected!). It's not a Geet or IPKND where jodi is the be all and end all of the show. From jodi POV, original Gehna and her music teacher made an interesting jodi and I wish Gehna had run away with him but it never happened. 😃

To BV MAKERS:

Why reduce a fantastic show to a tamasha since mid 2009 eh? Tamasha hai kya? I applaud your ability to handle story, show sensitive issues, flesh out characters well. But what's going on? Many unresolved tracks and unanswered questions are there in my mind as a regular viewer - about every character from Gehna to Gauri. You somehow manage to sail through all storms and hold fort, which is great. But shouldn't you avoid taking viewers for granted? Shouldn't transitions be smoother? Shouldn't tracks be well thought of and seen through their logical end? (I have to create a separate thread for my questions and issues to BV CVs and PH!)

On TORAL:

I didn't know her by name. When I saw her I remembered her from a few ads and serials she had done. Frankly speaking I never liked her (even before she joined BV). I am no fan of her looks. In my honest opinion, she is really good in scenes when Anandi is required to show strength and when Anandi is in charge. And since I've always wanted Anandi to be strong like a lead ought to be, so I applauded her in her first episode. I do like her voice and strong dialogue delivery (except when she speaks too fast). But she does seem lacking in rona-dhona scenes and AnSh scenes. Her smile is also too broad at times. She also needs to understand the character better and enact it her own way instead of trying to imitate Prats or behaving unlike Anandi. CVs need to work on her.

Straightforward view: Toral isn't really a good replacement for Anandi in totality. As a viewer I only felt Avika's Anandi was complete Anandi. Prats one was too meek and not convincing in strength type scenes. Toral one is all convincing in heroic/strength type scenes but lacks softness. Maybe someone like Divyanka Tripathy or the girl who played Khanak in Rang Badalti Odhni would have been better replacements.

Original Anandi toh kahin kho gayi. Her essence is never 100% there either with Prats or Toral.

To FORUM MEMBERS:

Initial upheaval and flow of emotions was a given. But guys could we all just take a chill pill and tone it down now?

Those who have quit the show and want it to flop, I request them to quit both show and forum. Flop show's first indication is that its forum also lies deserted on I-F. You also stop posting daily na? You say you quit it but give its videos hits online or viewership on TV and then come here to comment and make umpteen new topics on same things! You're only increasing activity in the forum and giving more attention to the show you claim you've quit. BTW, you have two threads to discuss Prats' comeback and new replacement. Please use them as much as you like.

To others: Please! It's becoming rather tedious to read or write actor comparisons, or essence of Anandi, graph of her character, essence of BV, its fate etc. or logic of CVs or old viewers vs new viewers of BV. Those who accept the change or are even willing to give a chance to the show need no explanation. Those who watch it for actress or jodi or hate whatever's happened won't be convinced with anything one puts in front of them!
BV forum was never about actors' FCs or fan wars. Such brilliant debates used to happen on characters' psyche, situations, laws, social issues, emotional issues, human nature etc. I hope we can get that golden phase back. Let's not get this forum reduced to a war zone.
Lot of POVs from all sides have been exchanged. Let's avoid responding to nonsense or anything uncivil.

LAST WORD:

Gia of SNS is now playing Jeannie. Lot of upheaval was there on her replacement too. But if it is the actor's decision then so be it! She now got free from the old image she was stuck in, gets to play a happy character that can dress any way she wants to. Her show's not a hit, but she's happy in her work so good for her. Same way, I think Prats also got tired of her image (this is why she attempted JDJ). Whether she does movies or a new show, I only wish her luck and her fans be happy too, as long as their favorite actress is happy doing the kind of work she wants to do.

That's all. Thanks for bearing.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

divine_ram thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Very well written. It's not easy getting prats back into the show. I think this 6 day week telecast shld be stopped.
libsrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
well said...if prats was thrown out then why should she trample her self-respect and come back and if not then respect her decisions...toral has a long way to go but she will become new anandi...there are still shows which has neither got viewers and nor TRP yet they are still there...looking at the standards of Indian tele industry BV is still a hit and one replacement will not shut down the show...its not BV who has lost the charm but its the forum who is losing its charm...now i have a request...don't make it  a war zone...the topic is neither supporting nor against any actor...BV has got good story line to keep it moving and its cast is still strong enough to make it come to top...members are requested to view their points politely so that the topic does not get closed...if any one feels anger over any personal comments then they can report the comment but not argue back and stretch the fight...its not a gyaan but just to maintain peace in forum
atominis thumbnail
Thanks much Parri and Libs for taking the topic in the right spirit.

Let's just respect decisions of actor (if they are her own) and let's hope for the best.

And I always say, BV is leagues ahead of any other serial on Indian TV despite its ups and downs and goof ups, mess-ups of CVs. I hope it continues to maintain this quality of always getting back on track. I watch it for the story and as long as it is not compromised I am willing to give it a chance.

ONE MORE NOTE: I didn't mean to offend any actor's fanbase or personally bash/attack any actor. I just wanted to express my opinion. Nor did I make this topic to compare actors.Edited by Skepblun - 11 years ago
Good Post, only thing I want to say Toral is trying her own way, but definitely she will change as per viewer's opinion. Most positive, she is Anandi Shiv Raj Sekhar, which matters to me. I want to see AnSh track moving, not anandi running to haveli again and again and giving her gyan mufat ka.
Suchi- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
lol good post :)
Yeah lets get back to the story :) 
BeautyBabe thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
well i appreciate your efforts for writing such a long post many points are good but on jodis part i do think you should  forward your own views  only don' t  put it  on many as  many has different story even i know many have been watching this show for so long so the clicking and shaking you are saying doesn't go  with many people i know so it should be good if it is  reduced to your  own liking in my view  IMO NOT Many  You yourself  can offend people here and i do disagree with you on jodis part though Edited by kikyo - 11 years ago
atominis thumbnail
@Kikiyo

Thanks. But I already stated in the beginning itself that this was something I wanted to express. And I have written "IMO" several times in the first post and second post of mine in this topic. I have also clarified that I have written this not to offend or please, favour or bash anyone or make comparisons between actors or whatever and I did apologise in advance in case anyone got hurt by what I wrote.

I wanted to get a lot of things off my chest in one go instead of replying in different threads so I made this topic. And I am also thinking of quitting the forum for sometime or restricting my posts to WU threads to give my opinion. Enough of meandering in same topics daily (even if they are different, we all know where they end up!). May sanity and peace prevail!
RainbowKitty thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
well  some of the points of your post i really loved but the one i am quoting i  disagree here Having observed ups and downs of this show from its first day till now Living in an area which  can be considered as huge TRP's puller for BV because people love this  show too much in my area  on the basis of my observation the bold part is worth completely disagreeing for me   as audience are not so  greats to give popularity to any pair without any reason Both pairs generated or generating popularity  so that means they do clicked As for Jagaya Gauri reunion on their break up the high TRP's proved  many people didn't mourn their break up  ( its not for they made a bad pair but  cvs never gave a chance to love them much )and cvs are moving forward for no reunion otherwise the actress replacement isn't a big issue for them The reason yourself mentioned BV is not a jodi show people carve for sense rather than only  chemistry  so sense is more important for them with good actors and good tracks which of course click and make things and pairs worth watching and people love them otherwise don't 

so i disagree here on this point  rest good post

Originally posted by: Skepblun

On JODIS:

IMO, firstly BV isn't about jodis at all. Now: Shashank-Prats were no great shakes. Shashank-Sriti also don't click. Shashank had best chemistry with Anjum only this is why many liked Gauri and despite their relation being illegal, they still wanted to see Jagya-Gauri and rooted for GaGa! 

w Edited by hina13 - 11 years ago
atominis thumbnail
@Hina13

Thanks. Look I knew some parts would ruffle feathers this is why I kept adding disclaimers from beginning to end and even in my replies to this thread.

I personally don't like the jodis I mentioned. So I said it this way.

People didn't mourn Jagya-Gauri break up much because by then the pair had nothing left to them. Gauri's character had been butchered too much and all along only bitter fights were shown. So viewers must have lost interest. Otherwise initially when Gauri and Jagya track had started, their pairing was liked and any member of this forum who'd been around here that time would rememner the insane, long drawn, passionate fights, ATs, wish lists for fans' "beloved GaGa"! I remember forum was so volatile back then! :D

It's all about how characters are handled. Naturally you'll lose interest if all a couple does is fight, misunderstand or plot against each other.

P.S - I am not a Gauri supporter. Just wrote my opinion from impressions of the forum back in those days.