think Neha should have won Ms. Universe? - Page 4

Posted: 17 years ago
What REALLY gets me about these beauty pageants is that they should make everything more diverse. They always choose Miss America to be one of the runner-ups even though she's not pretty or as educated as others. If the contest were held in a place like Singapore or Dubai, everything would be more diverse and there would not be much prejudice.
Frm the very begning i knew that NEHA was no where in the race.She is not the one who represents an INDIAN LADY.I mean neither she owns gud looks nor she carries herself well.It was totally a wrong choice.I think v hav far more deserving girls in India.As for me she was never in the race.
i totally agree with bubble_gum, they always put miss america in the top 5 even if she doesn't deserve it 😡
lol ..i dont think either r preety to represent their countries!!! but if hav to choose it would be neha ...even tho there are more stunning women in india...but the puerto rican women looks like she has a plastic face!!! 🤢

Originally posted by bubble_gum

What REALLY gets me about these beauty pageants is that they should make everything more diverse. They always choose Miss America to be one of the runner-ups even though she's not pretty or as educated as others. If the contest were held in a place like Singapore or Dubai, everything would be more diverse and there would not be much prejudice.

EXACTLY!!! omg, this gets me too!! and if you notice all of the judges are african american/white/mexican. So this is why usually all the spanish countries and Ms. America make it to the top five.

Originally posted by khads45

i totally agree with bubble_gum, they always put miss america in the top 5 even if she doesn't deserve it 😡

Not true! Miss America didn't make the Top 5 last year, and there have been quite a few times where a Miss America didn't even make the semifinals.  The Latinos are dominating the pageant recently because the Organizations for the Latin countries are spending big amounts for the best pageant coach, and some of them are from the US. From what I have seen with these ladies, they are FIERCE competitors,

I have read and researched the Miss Universe system and have seen the pageants tapes from  1981 onwards.  I have learned a lot about this system than most people know.

You need to know more about these countries National pageant and the Miss Universe pageant to make that assumption. Miss America doesn't ALWAYS make the Top 5. And if they do, it's becuase they worl hard. American pageant coaches are available to them for free when they win the national pageant, which gives them the extra edge.

And it is really mean to keep putting down Neha.  FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE GIVE THE GIRL A BREAK, SHE HASN'T DONE ANYTHING TO TO MAKE ANYONE MISERABLE HAS SHE??😕 

Originally posted by usachick821

EXACTLY!!! omg, this gets me too!! and if you notice all of the judges are african american/white/mexican. So this is why usually all the spanish countries and Ms. America make it to the top five.

I do agree with you, we need a diverse panel of judges.