Fan Fictions

**Writer [Reader] To Writer!**PG 76 (Page 91)

Post Reply New Post

Page 91 of 103

InvisibleSmile

IF-Rockerz

InvisibleSmile

Posted: 25 March 2014 at 10:52pm | IP Logged

^^I agree that FFs' in the spotlight should be chosen on a criterion apart from popularity. I don't mean to marginalize certain ffs, but weighing a worth of a story depending on how many readers a certain story has/ how many threads it generates seems a little shallow to me. Of course, they must be good stories considering the amount followers they have, but loads of other good stories get lost in the crowd because people tend to follow in packs here. Never thought I would say this for an online website, but alas... My main point is I would love to see stories in the spotlight for reasons other than their popularity. 

Stories that have different concepts, great writing with steady and engrossing pace, originality with innovation, good character development( I sometimes read a story which might have a run-of-the-mill concept, however I find the characters really strong enough to keep me hooked ) and once in a while we could have a popular story up also.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aurora-Aish002SkyfallAnarocksickAnupama.-HEAVEN-Preet.Kcssyahoo

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "**Writer [Reader] To Writer!**PG 76 (Page 91)" in Fan Fictions forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Angel-Jot.

Angel-Jot.

I-F Crazy Creatives Head, BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 26 March 2014 at 1:54am | IP Logged
We try and choose various FFs for FF in the spotlight.. It just becomes difficult when a majority of the stories are on ArHi and we also can't disregard suggestions made by members.

But we will attempt to bring forth more stories and authors henceforth.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

InvisibleSmileAnarocksickPreet.Kc

-BlueEyes-

IF-Sizzlerz

-BlueEyes-

Crazy Creative Baby

Posted: 26 March 2014 at 9:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Angel-Jot.

Stories on IF are posted because members like to write. It's merely a hobby for them. We don't require the work to be professional work for it to be posted here. To allow a thread where members can review the stories can be quite controversial and offensive to many authors who are just posting their stories to share their creativity with people that enjoy them.
being a writer myself, I totally agree to this. I write because I enjoy it and Im sure it would be awkward if someone was to judge/review my work. 
If you want to give more exposure to a story/writer then might as well pick story of the week/month however it works and choose a story that is different and has not been properly recognised and appreciated. 

Preet.Kc

IF-Sizzlerz

Preet.Kc

Posted: 26 March 2014 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Angel-Jot.

We try and choose various FFs for FF in the spotlight.. It just becomes difficult when a majority of the stories are on ArHi and we also can't disregard suggestions made by members.

But we will attempt to bring forth more stories and authors henceforth.

@bold: to suggest a story what the members have to do? Not say PM please, can we get a thread or something where we can suggest stories, obviously fallowing some rules 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Anarocksick

-Aurora-

-Aurora-

Posted: 30 March 2014 at 12:59pm | IP Logged
Hey there!  Smile
I have read few fictions and thought of giving it a try! 
Can anyone tell me how to promote the fictions we write ?!
I am totally new here and though its easy, its very confusing to learn the ropes of IF, I am trying hard and moreover I do not have any friends here who can recommend my fiction.
I have apparently no one in my buddy list accept some 5 - 6 people and I dont really know how that thing works and who exactly should I be sending PM's to when I dont know anybody here.
Also, I wanted someone who could actually read my fiction and point out my shortcomings so that I can write better the next time. But alas, I dont really know who to contact.
I just hope someone helps me with this! 
Thankyou Smile

Angel-Jot.

Angel-Jot.

I-F Crazy Creatives Head, BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 30 March 2014 at 1:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Preet.Kc

@bold: to suggest a story what the members have to do? Not say PM please, can we get a thread or something where we can suggest stories, obviously fallowing some rules 

What's wrong with PMs? =/ A thread had been tried, didn't work too well.

Gudakesha

IF-Rockerz

Gudakesha

Posted: 05 April 2014 at 1:04pm | IP Logged
Guys, i need a beta writer for my FF..
i update my FF daily. I want beta just for 20 days i.e upto 30th april.
I'll be happy if anyone is ready to volunteer.

grusha_virika

Goldie

grusha_virika

Posted: 13 April 2014 at 2:16am | IP Logged
I am currently writing ff's but I have very less audience..
Can someone advertise my ff ?

Also , I can volunteer to help :)
Feel free to PM me or Scrap me :)

Post Reply New Post

Go to top