Fan Fictions

**Writer [Reader] To Writer!**PG 76 (Page 72)

Post Reply New Post

Page 72 of 104

-Pj-

IF-Rockerz

-Pj-

Posted: 25 July 2013 at 2:50am | IP Logged
Zoah what you wrote was right on point. My writing is not perfect and far from it, but I'm a stickler for punctuation. I cannot read something, especially online without any. Basic punctuation is needed. Minor issues with rules in speech I don't mind as much.

I always proofread my work and as you said with fresh eyes.it just eliminates those pesky mistakes. Yet even after weeks/ months I can always find a grammatical error, here and there. It annoys me so much.

Synonyms are great but as I tell my class, be careful with it as not all synonyms fit into a sentence or give you the desired meaning. It is however good to experiment. I often use it if I have started to overuse certain words- just use it cautiously.

Excuse the errors, I've typed this from my phone.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

xbeyondwordsx

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "**Writer [Reader] To Writer!**PG 76 (Page 72)" in Fan Fictions forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

xbeyondwordsx

IF-Dazzler

xbeyondwordsx

Well-Bred CC Captain , FF Graphicer

Posted: 25 July 2013 at 6:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Pj-

Zoah what you wrote was right on point. My writing is not perfect and far from it, but I'm a stickler for punctuation. I cannot read something, especially online without any. Basic punctuation is needed. Minor issues with rules in speech I don't mind as much.

I always proofread my work and as you said with fresh eyes.it just eliminates those pesky mistakes. Yet even after weeks/ months I can always find a grammatical error, here and there. It annoys me so much.

Synonyms are great but as I tell my class, be careful with it as not all synonyms fit into a sentence or give you the desired meaning. It is however good to experiment. I often use it if I have started to overuse certain words- just use it cautiously.

Excuse the errors, I've typed this from my phone.
I completely agree with the synonymous part and yes, should def be careful with it. But as a whole package, they are great for beginners for adding variety to your writing. 

@HK90 - Yes, it's Zoah, not Zoha :D And you're welcome! I'm glad it helped :) 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Pj-Preet.Kc

AraBearxx

IF-Sizzlerz

AraBearxx

Posted: 26 July 2013 at 12:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nlr_nlr

Greetings!

This
tread is extremely helpful and reading the tips and suggestion makes me dream
of writing a fairly decent FF.

I
have read some of the most brilliant works of fiction on this forum, which
could put a paid writer to shame. The creativity channeled from the characters
of daily shows, are credit worthy to the writer of the Fan Fiction.

My
first fan fiction is retold with the characters names of IKKND, its is called
Ruse of happiness and I have provided a link to the same;

I would like to pose
a few questions such as the ones listed below,

If the FF has thoughts on politics and religion, is there a protocol to
address the same?

Protocol on referencing landmark events in work of fiction?

If some of the writers do have time to review my work and provide feedback, the same would be appreciated,

Your
response is appreciated,

Thank
You

<font face="Arial">R</font>

I would love too, but it will take a while. I guess I'll be busy till, I guess the 10th of August, so maybe sometime after that. But be warned, I'm a major procrastinator. LOL :D

nlr_nlr

aboli.desh

Groupbie

aboli.desh

Posted: 30 July 2013 at 4:03am | IP Logged
I have one question nagging in my mind. If I want write an ff abt arshi and d concept is a simple arranged marriage and their life before and after it and ifsomebody has already used a similar concept, is it considered as copying that writers work plz do tell me bcoz nowadays I have been hearing abt this copying the work thing so plz can sumbody help me

Preet.Kc

IF-Sizzlerz

Preet.Kc

Posted: 30 July 2013 at 4:38am | IP Logged
^^ few times the concept is same Arshi's life after marriage and before marriage, but what make the difference, it's the way it is written and the events, yeah they can't be same in each story, so i think your concept doesn't fall under plagiarism as long you write it in your own way and with different events and scenes. 

Edited by HK90 - 30 July 2013 at 4:37am

crazy2012

aboli.desh

Groupbie

aboli.desh

Posted: 30 July 2013 at 4:40am | IP Logged
Thnx so much yaar u always help me thank u once again. U r a sweetheart

Preet.Kc

AraBearxx

IF-Sizzlerz

AraBearxx

Posted: 04 August 2013 at 3:01am | IP Logged
I need help in promoting my "recycled" work. H.E.L.P

Oneshot: Kaleidoscope -> http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3690091

FF series : Jab Tak Hai Jaan ( That Kid, Stranger and Me?) -> http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3690104

saj111

saj111

Posted: 04 August 2013 at 7:21am | IP Logged
Hi I want a help regarding how to reply back by posting original members writing, just like above  AraBearxx  replied to  nlr_nlr comments.  How do u do dat, I really wanna reply to someone's comment like dis. Plz help me in dis.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top