Fan Fictions

**Writer [Reader] To Writer!**PG 76 (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 95

-Alina.

IF-Sizzlerz

-Alina.

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 13 March 2013 at 7:49am | IP Logged

How to Promote FFs

Those people who wants to promote their FFs, here are some tips and they may help u a bit:

- Ask your friends/buddies, who also write, to share your work when they drop a PM to their readers for the updates. For example, I suggest an OS/SS/FF of my buddies to all my readers (around 500) and they visit the thread and by doing this, you surely have more readers!

- Post your "Writing Index" link as signature but make sure it's clickable!
- Make sure to add your stories in the Indexes too as people DO Visit and read.

Example: here are two links where you can add your works and people will see:

1- http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2925591">Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon Fan Fictions Index

2- http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3363094">Fan Fiction Index List

Edited by -Alina. - 20 September 2013 at 10:50am

The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:

AlinaPM-Koeli_Appy-cinthiann1758deepthiya-Chaitra-BarmeenForeverAditi_4verdhakdhak22--Iqra--Titaliya_APAanya.Javeria3991..dreamygatz..Maria..StarDust...Gunjan..Preet.Kcwhiterose29Kesh123lazyleaves

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "**Writer [Reader] To Writer!**PG 76 (Page 5)" in Fan Fictions forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

BarmeenForever

Goldie

BarmeenForever

Posted: 13 March 2013 at 9:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by summer_breeze

Hello!!

Am a new writer,with just an prologue up.

Am in need of help though, is it ok if I send pm to anyone of you, who have come forward to help each other in this thread.I thought I'll ask for permission before my pm finds your inbox.. Plz do revert back.

Thank you.

Feel free to PM me too!

RKDramebaaz

IF-Sizzlerz

RKDramebaaz

Posted: 13 March 2013 at 11:18am | IP Logged
Hello everybody! I am RK. I write an FF on Saraswatichandra currently, but have written many in past. I write spy fictions with love story being the seconded plot and also love stories with mysteries. Nothing supernatural.

If you write any of these genre, feel free to PM me for plot help!

[PS : I can only help you if you are writing in a novel format. i.e Read Swatzy's guide to writing FF]

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

BarmeenForeveramfashionista-Alina.lazyleaves

sandy_sarun

sandy_sarun

Posted: 13 March 2013 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
thanks

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Alina.lazyleaves

drfizaahmed

IF-Sizzlerz

drfizaahmed

Posted: 13 March 2013 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by V323

^Umm ...

Inspiration is when you see something/experience something and are inspired to create something from it. Fan Fiction comes under inspiration.

In the first case - When you see a scene from a movie, and base a WHOLE NEW STORY, yes it is inspiration.

In the second case - when you tweak the plot of a story, it is plagiarism. Why? Because you are not actually creating something. Its like stealing a diamond necklace from somebody, and replacing one of the diamonds with a ruby. I hope you get what I mean -

To give you another example - lets say I steal an umbrella from somebody. I come home, and colour the umbrella red. it doesn't change the fact that I stole it

To point number three - there is a huge difference between concept and plot. Concept is me saying "the concept of my story is that Khushi has an accident, and suffers from amnesia ... and Arnav helps her regain her memory"

That is the concept of your story.

Plot is me saying - "okay so Khushi has a motorbike accident, Arnav rushes to the hospital, khushi doesn't recognise him, Arnav is traumatised, then he meets doctors who tell him Khushi's memory can be bought back, then he swears to bring Khushi's memory back, she gets discharged from the hospital and blah blah blah blah.

Somebody writing an entirely different plotline ON THE CONCEPT of K losing her memory and A helping her recovering it cannot be counted as plagiarism.

Somebody taking my entire PLOT and writing the story is plagiarism.

About point 4 - A disclaimer should be provided, else it counts as plagiarism.

I hope its clear enough now?

very well defineClapClap... i just wish actions can be taken on this account too

ANy one needing help i m in too

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

cinerariaBarmeenForeverTitaliya_AP-Alina.lazyleaves

RKDramebaaz

IF-Sizzlerz

RKDramebaaz

Posted: 13 March 2013 at 2:49pm | IP Logged
If you write a story, one advice is to create scenes! The more creative you are, the more attracted readers get.

For example, when writing about first meeting, many people write it as a car accident, where the protagonists fight...where the case is fight at first sight. But that always turns me off, because it is so overused! Try to think of something beyond movie scenes and hawa-hawa look-look!

Another point: Do not rush the story, and describe either the inner feelings or surroundings. I personally suck at ellaborating intellectual feelings, so my characters are usually not introvert. However, if you like describing what a person feels rather than where they are or what they are wearing, go ahead and do that.

New writers always write in the following format.

A: Where the hell were you Khushi?
K: I am sorry Arnavji woh...I forgot the way home.

This format usually turns away the readers, because it doesn't reflect the character's emotion at all! Instead, try writing like this:

Arnav looked at Khushi enter the room and let out a relieved sigh.
"Where the hell were you, Khushu?" He asked angrily, but the concern overrode the rage.
"Woh Arnavji..." Khushi started, suddenly nervous about the confrontation."I got lost." She finally said.

Just a suggestion :) No offense intended!

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

-Koeli_Appy-BarmeenForeversarita_barunamfashionistadeepthiyaadeeti10Sanaya.BarunTitaliya_APAraBearxxAanya.AngelicDesiresdrfizaahmedMaria.GredandForgelazyleaves

nikita_88

IF-Stunnerz

nikita_88

Posted: 13 March 2013 at 2:56pm | IP Logged
I think people can have similar concepts but it is how you present them because I mean it has to be your writings because concepts can be similar, I mean memory loss lots of people have it in their stories but how you take it forward what you want to happen is a totally different thing... I know two other writers who have the same story as me but all three of us have written our stories in such different ways but we all started our stories at the same point in time, we have all introduced our own supporting characters and have shown the relationship in totally different ways... 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

-Koeli_Appy-sarita_barunamfashionistaJaveria3991Preet.KcMaria.lazyleaves

18shabbo

IF-Sizzlerz

18shabbo

Assiduous CC Captain, BollyCurry Screen Writer, EMABC Winner

Posted: 13 March 2013 at 6:38pm | IP Logged
thats why i read...theres so much technicality in writing and hard work and god knows maybe sleepless days!!!!Shocked thankgod me not a writerBig smile

Thankyou for the thread Jot!

Edited by 18shabbo - 13 March 2013 at 9:07pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

amfashionistaAngel-Jot.Titaliya_APPreet.KcMaria.lazyleaves

Post Reply New Post

Go to top