Fan Fictions

**Writer [Reader] To Writer!**PG 76 (Page 34)

Post Reply New Post

Page 34 of 96

.crazzy4arshi.

IF-Rockerz

.crazzy4arshi.

Posted: 04 April 2013 at 10:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by V323

Originally posted by .crazzy4arshi.

umm am here again with my questionsLOL
for now there are few!!!
firstly how to describe the setting of a place???
i mean if it is romantic one or a scary one then how to go about it???
and what main things i should keep in mind when i start a new story??
and whether i should describe the characters firstly or let it be a mystery??

hope i am clear with my questions
please help
looking forward 
love meghalBig smile

Ermm ... see that actually depends on what your style of writing if, which is very different for every writer.

1. To go about describing a "romantic setting" you might wanna focus on the surrounding. Like try to induce an aroma of the summer breeze, or something like that ... so that the general idea of a romantic setting is created. Its actually playing around cliches in the most ingenious way you can figure out. Same goes for scary settings - try to go for "Cold, moonless night" descriptions. It is important that you also sprinkle in emotions of the characters while showcasing the setting.

2. No such complulsion I guess - there isn't any guide to "what to keep in mind when I start a story" actually. It depends on your story - if your aim is to experiment with yourself, then you should keep in mind that you will try to incorporate something new in each update. If you want to write a mushy, teenybopper romantic story, you might wanna keep in mind that you should include stuff like texting and the local lingo.

3. See, you shouldn't provide a character sketch, according to me. Your characters should speak for themselves, and each one of their actions should justify the "sketch" you've given to them. Each and every single word, each insignificant little action should only support the character sketch you've kept in mind.

thank u so much!!!Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

BarmeenForever

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "**Writer [Reader] To Writer!**PG 76 (Page 34)" in Fan Fictions forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

camlin

camlin

Posted: 04 April 2013 at 11:34am | IP Logged

^You should post your FF in the IPK forum, once it crosses 15 pages, it will automatically be shifted to the FF forum.

In order to learn how to post a new FF, you should check out this link -

But i have already started posting it on fan fiction forum. How do i shift it now ?

vfordonkey

IF-Rockerz

vfordonkey

Posted: 04 April 2013 at 11:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by camlin

^You should post your FF in the IPK forum, once it crosses 15 pages, it will automatically be shifted to the FF forum.

But i have already started posting it on fan fiction forum. How do i shift it now ?

Erm, if you've already posted it in the ff forum, its okay. There's no compulsion that you should post it in the IPK forum and not the FF forum.

But post it in the IPK forum next time, for then you have a wider audience. =)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

camlin

kautilya04

Goldie

kautilya04

Posted: 05 April 2013 at 11:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .crazzy4arshi.

umm am here again with my questionsLOL
for now there are few!!!
firstly how to describe the setting of a place???
i mean if it is romantic one or a scary one then how to go about it???
and what main things i should keep in mind when i start a new story??
and whether i should describe the characters firstly or let it be a mystery??

hope i am clear with my questions
please help
looking forward 
love meghalBig smile

I chanced upon your post in my own quest for some info. I agree with the suggestions put forth by V323. Just thought of offering some more pointers that could help you in creating a romantic/horror-laced scene :) though I should admit upfront that my writing skills are nothing to write home about LOL  

I assume you are referring to an outdoor setting in your question. You could firstly try imagining yourself in the place. Now with your mind's eye, cast a quick look around to absorb all the aspects of the spot, even the intensity/brightness of the sunlight or the darkness/chill in the night. You can differentiate between romantic and scary settings by simply altering the nature of the elements in both.

If you want to craft a romantic setting, the spot could be enveloped by a scented breeze that lovingly caresses the skin. Trees are lush and laden with fragrant flowers. If it is daytime, the place is beautiful and bright, filling the characters with hope and warmth. In the night, it becomes cool and restful and moonlit shadows tease the characters. The silence is soothing, and only the buzzing sounds of crickets interrupt the peace. The overall aura is that of security, comfort and serenity. Apart from the raging hormones of the characters, that is Stern SmileLOLLOL

Now if you want to create a scary setting, just have fun playing around with the darker side of these elements Wink

This time, a chilly wind is blowing hard, making a strange chill descend right into your bones. There is no sweet fragrance in this breeze, only a faint, nauseating stench of something rotting nearby. Even in the day, the place feels unnaturally cold and forbidding. In the night, the area becomes darkly menacing, populated by malicious shadows. There are large rodents scurrying across the ground, and some are feeding in a corner, gnawing on something white…something that looks like bones. The trees are leafless, barren….with twisted branches that look frighteningly like skeletal arms reaching out for help…or to kill. The silence is ominous...terrifying. The character desperately wants to get in touch with someone in the outside word, but civilised society is far far away. If you want to raise the creepiness quotient, make the character sense that someone in the heart of the darkness is watching him/her. That angle works quite well in most horror scenes LOL

Hope this post proves at least slightly helpful :) If not, well, I did put a disclaimer about my skills at the very start LOL

Okay now I need to send an SOS myself. Actually, I need help with – No, I should first confirm that my query isn't going to flout any rules Ermm I'll be back! LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

.crazzy4arshi.crazy2012vfordonkey

Angel-Jot.

Angel-Jot.

I-F Crazy Creatives Head, BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 05 April 2013 at 4:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by camlin

But if you want it moved, I can do that for you.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vfordonkeyTitaliya_AP

gowri1712

IF-Rockerz

gowri1712

Posted: 05 April 2013 at 11:30pm | IP Logged
hi guys
I would love you all to have a look at my FF

ARSHI: CELEB LOVE

please do read n comment

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

BarmeenForevercrazy2012

crazy2012

IF-Rockerz

crazy2012

Posted: 05 April 2013 at 11:55pm | IP Logged
oops wrong post, my queries have been shifted to the other threadEmbarrassed

Edited by crazy2012 - 05 April 2013 at 11:58pm

crazy2012

IF-Rockerz

crazy2012

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 12:16pm | IP Logged
Hi everyone,

one small ques, can I write two FFs or SS simultaneously on any one couple if I can manage? and what could be the probability of getting perfect readers and comments??

thank you, pls help me as I am new to itEmbarrassed

Post Reply New Post

Go to top