Fan Fictions

**Writer [Reader] To Writer!**PG 76 - Page 5

haminasto thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
^
Thank you...

Yes well at the end of the day we need to  be practical , as it is parents are paying the net bills , if we add court cases they might disown you in a flash.

I missed out a point but will make that later because im sure some writer is going to question about it.

Also i had a request: can you add "reader" in between "writer writer" because im going to pester a lot of writers being a reader and wanting to have more refined and revived and reformed type of work worth reading.

n you cant use my sig coz I made it for myself exclusively...till i update my shop n make it free for use!:) ,  which seems to be happening after me n my co-owner will wake up to search for it.But if i had posted just to say that.. i would've been spamming so.. *goes to sleep*

-Nabila!

Edited by 18shabbo - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
@Harjot

Just a suggestion, maybe you could add the links to important posts on Page 1? Or one of us can keep an index. Like Nabila's post on plagiarism is something a lot of people are looking for, so.
Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
18shabbo: Sorry? Where do you want me to edit in reader? And LOL, I didn't ask to use it.. I was just saying it's beautiful..

Aanya: there's already IMP links posted on the first page [second post]. I'll add the link to 18shabbo's post tomorrow.
haminasto thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: Angel-Jot.

18shabbo: Sorry? Where do you want me to edit in reader? And LOL, I didn't ask to use it.. I was just saying it's beautiful..

Aanya: there's already IMP links posted on the first page [second post]. I'll add the link to 18shabbo's post tomorrow.

Jot u kill me by saying that!

oh i just wanted readers to take part here as well nothing else :)
Edited by 18shabbo - 11 years ago
kautilya04 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
This is a fabulous idea! :) Hope it inspires more members to come forward and ask for suggestions than...well...look for easier routes 😳 

@ Nabila - Very enlightening post! 

My story is not based on any show, but I've been learning through rather unpleasant experiences that posting anything on the internet is akin to offering it on a plate for others to claim (in part or whole) as their own...

Coming back to this thread, I'd be glad to help but I'm not a very good/creative/smart/prolific writer :/

My particular talent lies in testing the patience of the most saintly readers until they are overwhelmed with the urge to grab at the nearest mortar and pestle and ground me into fine...exceptionally fine powder  😆😆

If gaining that expertise sounds appealing, look no further! 👍🏼 But I wont be able to provide tips until late next week 😒  See! Now that's what I'm talking about! Annoy and then run away!  Oh I have so much wisdom to impart ❤️ 

RKDramebaaz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: kautilya04

This is a fabulous idea! :) Hope it inspires more members to come forward and ask for suggestions than...well...look for easier routes 😳 

@ Nabila - Very enlightening post! 

My story is not based on any show, but I've been learning through rather unpleasant experiences that posting anything on the internet is akin to offering it on a plate for others to claim (in part or whole) as their own...

Coming back to this thread, I'd be glad to help but I'm not a very good/creative/smart/prolific writer :/

My particular talent lies in testing the patience of the most saintly readers until they are overwhelmed with the urge to grab at the nearest mortar and pestle and ground me into fine...exceptionally fine powder  😆😆

If gaining that expertise sounds appealing, look no further! 👍🏼 But I wont be able to provide tips until late next week 😒  See! Now that's what I'm talking about! Annoy and then run away!  Oh I have so much wisdom to impart ❤️ 

@Bold, says the girl who wrote greatness of 64 chapters! 😆
kautilya04 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: .Destiny.

@Bold, says the girl who wrote greatness of 64 chapters! 😆

Lol 😆 64 chapters of balderdash does not maketh a good writer 😆😆

Damn! Boss coming! Got to go! 
reflorated thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
@Nikita - That is exactly what I say. The three writers in question are inspired from a scenario, to create a new story. It is not plagiarism. Fan fiction comes under inspiration. =)

@.Destiny. - A point well made. i myself make it a point to include emotions. Some have told me my writings are all about emotions 🤣

@Nabila - See, I have aspirations to do Law someday, so I'm gonna keep that snippet in mind 😆 One question though - How can writing Fan Fiction be illegal, if I we are not using it for commercial purposes? Nobody here is recieving monetary gain from what they write, so how can FF writing be illegal?

Take the example of 50 Shades Of Gray by E.L James ... The story had originally been an Edward-Bella (From Twilight by S.Meyer) Fan-Fiction. Later however, James removed the story from FF Net, changed the names in the story, and published it as her own.

Meyer could have slapped an accusation of plagiarism, but it would hold no grounds for James hath changeth the names

So, unless one of us is asked by publishers to sell them our Arnav Khushi Story, I can't really see how we are doing something illegal ...

I'm sorry if I'm wrong, I'm no expert in these matters. If I crossed a line, I apologise in advance =)

Krani thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
This content was originally posted by: V323

@Nikita - That is exactly what I say. The three writers in question are inspired from a scenario, to create a new story. It is not plagiarism. Fan fiction comes under inspiration. =)

@.Destiny. - A point well made. i myself make it a point to include emotions. Some have told me my writings are all about emotions 🤣

@Nabila - See, I have aspirations to do Law someday, so I'm gonna keep that snippet in mind 😆 One question though - How can writing Fan Fiction be illegal, if I we are not using it for commercial purposes? Nobody here is recieving monetary gain from what they write, so how can FF writing be illegal?

Take the example of 50 Shades Of Gray by E.L James ... The story had originally been an Edward-Bella (From Twilight by S.Meyer) Fan-Fiction. Later however, James removed the story from FF Net, changed the names in the story, and published it as her own.

Meyer could have slapped an accusation of plagiarism, but it would hold no grounds for James hath changeth the names

So, unless one of us is asked by publishers to sell them our Arnav Khushi Story, I can't really see how we are doing something illegal ...

I'm sorry if I'm wrong, I'm no expert in these matters. If I crossed a line, I apologise in advance =)

It's illegal in the sense that it's not our original characters, our original background story, etc on which the Fan Fiction has been based upon. 

Think of it this way -  a person writes a spin-off story on your story, Glass. The writer uses your characters, your background story and then writers her own story from there, with her own twists etc. 

If you had made Glass with completely original characters, new names everything, then that would be your own work. But since you used Arnav and Khushi - and when someone reads those two names, they connect it to Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon - then that's when things get tricky. 

That's why, legally, a lot of people say you cannot put the accusation of someone plagiarising someone else Fan Fiction - but I don't know if that's changing. 

This is just my understanding of it - I could be wrong, and feel free to correct me if I am. 

~K
Aphrodite88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for creating this thread!
I just have a question. Yesterday i saw Love.Khushi discontinue her story as it is similar to another writer's ongoing story. In such cases, where concepts are similar, is it classified as plagiarism? And does the need to discontinue the story arises as different writers have different story plots, characterisations, styles of writing, no two minds are alike...? Please help me!

I am asking this question because I have this concept in my mind to write a Fan Fiction on Arnav and Khushi, and until now i have not come across this concept written by someone else yet but its not like i have read all the stories in IF either. If i start writing this story with my concept, and suddenly one day someone tells me they have already wrote a story with a similar concept before...will be my work be classified under plagiarism then? And will i need to discontinue it?

😭😭