Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

adele9010 thumbnail
Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: iqbal-pallavi

One can only be patient for so long, and if the show keeps on testing it out then it's not long before everyone loses their plot. And QH, is doing just that - but at times I feel as if it's our fault by expecting too much of them, they clearly don't give a damn about degrading their characters and here like idiots where trying to salvage them.

Why should we feel its our fault? But yeah, I get what you're saying! 
Stormbreaker thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
i hav no option left other than hitting my head against wall..they ruined up the whole situation today by making zoya attention seeker..
tvbug2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Excellent post!
The Asad-Dilshaad make-up was so unconvincing it was laughable! No reason at all why Dilshaad should have forgiven and/or forgotten. Perhaps we are to remember that music has the charms to soothe a savage breast. And we are to believe that after days of not talking all it took to dissolve Dilshaad's anger was Asad singing an old Kishore Kumar number to his guitar. Arghh! 
Champa2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
I guess four lions cannot create a female lead character that is dignified all the time. Why do they have to be so childish I don't understand. I had stopped watching IPKKND for quite a few episodes when Khushi made a fool out of herself. I guess if this continues, same goes for this show too.

Question is what will Asad do for this gas explosion (thinking it happens or gets close to happening) to Zoya. He slapped thinking Zoya brought Maryam and since she was the one to fix a gas cylinder, is he going to kick her out of the house this time?

Common sense: I grew up in India into adulthood and then moved to U.S. So, I do know how to change the gas cylinder, but if anyone was raised in U.S, they will not know how to do it. Plain and simple since the concept of gas cylinder inside the house for stove is not here (except for grilling outdoors). They shouldn't have shown Zoya volunteering for that. It is a stupid move.
Hafizakhan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I was embarrassed for Zoya. The way they made her character behave was cringe-worthy.
She is bubbly and outgoing- yes. But why make her behave without dignity?
I could not watch it.

This may be good for me- I need to stop obsessing about this show!
I watch it online when it comes  on in India (late morning here for me in US), then I watch it again at night on TV.
bheegi thumbnail
Great post but as someone else also mentioned, we can't expect much logic from indian soaps. I think they start multiple tracks and continue with the one that gets them more trps. They have no incentive to close one chapter because that gives them the option of picking that particular track as and when convenient. 
lghosh thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Hafizakhan

I was embarrassed for Zoya. The way they made her character behave was cringe-worthy.

She is bubbly and outgoing- yes. But why make her behave without dignity?
I could not watch it.

This may be good for me- I need to stop obsessing about this show!
I watch it online when it comes  on in India (late morning here for me in US), then I watch it again at night on TV.

Very true, even I have learned my lesson from past experience not to get too involved with any show, not to obsess about it or else one has to fall flat on one's face in the hand of the Creatives. In this show I am still in control of myself, if this continues for long I will be out in a snap.

I keep saying character consistency is very important to me but if they lose a grip on the protagonists then sayonara from my end.
rabzonedge thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
agree on asad dilshad milan...there shud have been heart to heart talk but we got nothin..and that gudiya thingy is stretched so much...
lghosh thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I forgot to mention earlier in my post about the breakfast table conversation. Asad very clearly and poignantly says that nothing is beyond his control. If something has to be given up then he will and can do it no matter how difficult it will be or how close that thing is to his heart.

This indicates he was referring to Zoya, no matter how inclined he might be towards her he will not get close to her because he thinks she can't be his and we know why because he thinks she is a misfit for him and his family.

I don't have problem with his thinking process knowing his nature and character because we all know no matter how much he is fighting he is still getting attracted to Zoya like a moth to a flame. But my issue here is then make Zoya that much dignified, substantial and worthy that Asad feels compelled to take notice of her.

With this attitude of his and Zoya's childish attempts to attract him, will a guy like him respect some one like Zoya? All the more we will be hearing nasty rude comments from him. Please make Zoya earn that respect from him through her deeds and words. I am not saying Zoya has to change herself but she can be understanding, mature and dignified when she wants to be. The whole process of finding the culprit shooting Dilshad and then taking care of the family and Asad was done in a mature way, then why not now?

It was foolish what she was doing today and Asad who yesterday couldn't keep his eyes off her today gave royal ignorance to her!!? Such a vast change overnight?

And I also didn't like Dilshad's attitude towards Zoya today. She also behaved like she had enough of her. Maybe she wasn't rude outright but some how I didn't get those warm vibes from her.

This is why I get sceptical Creatives and keep reminding you about character consistency. We are carried away by romance for sure but we do have intellect and intelligence to question if we see something "misfit" in the storyline or characters. Keeping this mind continue with the storyline with sense and logic, then I won't have much problems.

Thanks to all of you for sharing your views, it was all a wonderful read.