Writers Corner: Books, Stories & Poems

India-Forums

   
Writers Corner: Books, Stories & Poems
Writers Corner: Books, Stories & Poems

Because They're Boys (Page 9)

maha2us IF-Dazzler
maha2us
maha2us

Joined: 29 October 2007
Posts: 2936

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 4:12am | IP Logged
The poem is a beautiful one. It says the truth that parents themselves believe a girl is inferior to her brothers and boys. Somehow this false belief has been carried through generations. It is definitely a false belief because God never created woman to be treated in an inferior way. What is really painful is there are some capabilities God has given a woman which no one is talking about and those are the capabilities which has done a lot of wonders in this World. A woman has greater capability to receive God's grace which really is seen in her immense motherly love. We really have seen a man who goes into conquering his odds is supported by a mother who consistently listens to him and encourages him and he also adores her a lot. And what a mother does can't be done by a father.    

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mayyo

mayyo IF-Sizzlerz
mayyo
mayyo

Joined: 26 July 2011
Posts: 12967

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 4:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by maha2us

The poem is a beautiful one. It says the truth that parents themselves believe a girl is inferior to her brothers and boys. Somehow this false belief has been carried through generations. It is definitely a false belief because God never created woman to be treated in an inferior way. What is really painful is there are some capabilities God has given a woman which no one is talking about and those are the capabilities which has done a lot of wonders in this World. A woman has greater capability to receive God's grace which really is seen in her immense motherly love. We really have seen a man who goes into conquering his odds is supported by a mother who consistently listens to him and encourages him and he also adores her a lot. And what a mother does can't be done by a father.


I'm glad you liked it. Smile

Very rightly said! A woman wasn't made to be treated as an inferior gender just because she isn't always the breadwinner of the family. And this belief usually overshadows the blessings a woman's or a girl's correct upbringing can bring to the family and to the coming generations in turn...
hunnybunch IF-Sizzlerz
hunnybunch
hunnybunch

Joined: 28 November 2010
Posts: 12910

Posted: 14 April 2013 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
Beautifully penned!
Awww, can so visualize how the busy mummy telling the small girl that she cannot have what her brothers have or do. It is so apt on behalf of the annoyed lil girl.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mayyo

mayyo IF-Sizzlerz
mayyo
mayyo

Joined: 26 July 2011
Posts: 12967

Posted: 14 April 2013 at 1:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hunnybunch

Beautifully penned!
Awww, can so visualize how the busy mummy telling the small girl that she cannot have what her brothers have or do. It is so apt on behalf of the annoyed lil girl.

Thank you! Smile

Well, if the busy mommy doesn't pay enough attention to what's going on in her girl's mind, the consequences or the effect on the girl will be grave...
maha2us IF-Dazzler
maha2us
maha2us

Joined: 29 October 2007
Posts: 2936

Posted: 14 April 2013 at 7:51pm | IP Logged
This is a story we read in Arabian Nights.
 
A girl has two brothers and they all stay in a house. Interestingly their father, saw that the girl had training in horse riding, sword fight etc. and she proved to become as proficient as her brothers in all these fields. Once a female saint told there are three wonders she can acquire which are talking parrot, singing tree and golden fountain. She told her first brother to get them for her. He failed in his effort because of his lack of self-control and became a black stone. The other brother also failed again because of lack of self-control and became a black stone. But this girl rode to that place and succeeded in acquiring these items and also rescued her brothers. One way her brothers were good was they had gratitude to her and no envy on her. What is the moral of this story? Isn't the author saying women can also acquire wonderful capabilities?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

palindromemayyo

mayyo IF-Sizzlerz
mayyo
mayyo

Joined: 26 July 2011
Posts: 12967

Posted: 15 April 2013 at 12:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by maha2us


This is a story we read in Arabian Nights.
A girl has two brothers and they all stay in a house. Interestingly their father, saw that the girl had training in horse riding, sword fight etc. and she proved to become as proficient as her brothers in all these fields. Once a female saint told there are three wonders she can acquire which are talking parrot, singing tree and golden fountain. She told her first brother to get them for her. He failed in his effort because of his lack of self-control and became a black stone. The other brother also failed again because of lack of self-control and became a black stone. But this girl rode to that place and succeeded in acquiring these items and also rescued her brothers. One way her brothers were good was they had gratitude to her and no envy on her. What is the moral of this story? Isn't the author saying women can also acquire wonderful capabilities?


Yes, the author is trying to say what you think. And there's no doubt about a woman's learning capacity. She can learn and master her skills in anything. The only thing needed is her family's support, just like her father supported the woman in this story.


Thanks for sharing this story. Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

palindrome

mayyo IF-Sizzlerz
mayyo
mayyo

Joined: 26 July 2011
Posts: 12967

Posted: 21 September 2013 at 1:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by smart_girl

Loved it..!!

Surprised to see you here! Thanks Hina! Smile

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
intresting facts about boys

2 3 4

Author: -purnima-   Replies: 30   Views: 12588

-purnima- 30 12588 20 September 2010 at 4:28am by monika21

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Writers Corner: Books, Stories & Poems Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index