Writers Corner

Because They're Boys (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 10

Susegad

IF-Dazzler

Susegad

Posted: 17 March 2013 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
I just realized when I received your writer of the week pm, that I have yet not commented on this piece.
I thought I had, but when I searched for my comment I didn't find it.Shocked

So here it is.Big smile

This piece of fantastic writing, hits at the heart of gender discrimination and makes my blood boil at the unfairness of it all.
I really liked how you showed  a girl that has been told time and time again that boys are better than her, eventually starts believing it. Not only has she suffered, her belief is a set up for the next cycle of discrimination. She too will repeat the same mistakes and that to me is the saddest part.
Any and every girl has who faced some kind of discrimainting situation will realte to this piece totally.
It is sad to see the protection that the women are supposed to receive has become a oppression that they have to suffer.

Loved this thought provoking piece Mayyo, Clap

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

kaamchorniOnirmayyodqno1

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Because They're Boys (Page 8)" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mayyo

IF-Sizzlerz

mayyo

Posted: 17 March 2013 at 2:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Susegad

I just realized when I received your writer of the week pm, that I have yet not commented on this piece.
I thoughtI had, but whenI searched for my comment I didn't find it.Shocked
So here it is.Big smile
This piece of fantastic writing, hits at the heart of gender discrimination and makes my blood boil at the unfairness of it all.
I really liked how you showed a girl that has been told time and time again that boys are better than her, eventually starts believing it. Not only has she suffered, her belief is a set up for the next cycle of discrimination. She too will repeat the same mistakes and that to me is the saddest part.
Any and every girl has who faced some kind of discrimainting situation will realte to this piece totally.
It is sad to see the protection that the women are supposed to receive has become a oppression that they have to suffer.
Loved this thought provoking piece Mayyo, Clap

And now this OS feels complete! Hug
You've very well described it all. What a girl has been taught from the start, it'll go all the way to the next generation...
Bold: Very very aptly said! Something that a woman should be cocooned in becomes a cell for her, shackles if I can say.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kaamchorniSusegad

kaamchorni

Goldie

kaamchorni

Posted: 20 March 2013 at 8:07am | IP Logged

I honestly have chills after reading this. Not even of anger, just...

I was going to quote Di's words but I see you've already drawn attention to it. Very, very well said, Nisha Di and very, very well done, Mariam. I'll edit this when I get home.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mayyodqno1

spvd

IF-Stunnerz

spvd

Posted: 28 March 2013 at 1:14am | IP Logged
nice...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mayyo

mayyo

IF-Sizzlerz

mayyo

Posted: 28 March 2013 at 1:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kaamchorni

I honestly have chills after reading this. Not even of anger, just...

I was going to quote Di's words but I see you've already drawn attention to it. Very, very well said, Nisha Di and very, very well done, Mariam. I'll edit this when I get home.

Thank you Zarin! The words Apa said were so well-said that I couldn't help but pinpoint them. Smile

mayyo

IF-Sizzlerz

mayyo

Posted: 28 March 2013 at 1:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by spvd

nice...

Thank you! Smile

divya22

IF-Dazzler

divya22

Posted: 29 March 2013 at 12:40pm | IP Logged
well written mayyo13..
though many hv progressed bt still there r sum ppl who believe in such bakwas things...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mayyo

mayyo

IF-Sizzlerz

mayyo

Posted: 29 March 2013 at 2:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by divya22

well written mayyo13..
though many hv progressed bt still there r sum ppl who believe in such bakwas things...

Thank you! Smile

Yes, even when the whole world claims to have moved above and beyond such issues, there's a huge population which still lives this way...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top