Writers Corner

Because They're Boys (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 10

-Dee-

IF-Dazzler

-Dee-

Posted: 14 March 2013 at 7:09am | IP Logged
Ah..the everyday scenario which leads to even girls saying boys have privileges but not us. Hmph! Could clearly see it! Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mayyo

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Because They're Boys (Page 6)" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mayyo

IF-Sizzlerz

mayyo

Posted: 14 March 2013 at 7:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Dee-

Ah..the everyday scenario which leads to even girls saying boys haveprivilegesbut not us. Hmph! Could clearly see it! Smile

Yes, the everyday scenario. But, it's not the case in every home. Smile

Edited by mayyo13 - 14 March 2013 at 7:44am

lehr

IF-Sizzlerz

lehr

Posted: 14 March 2013 at 12:08pm | IP Logged
lovely

mayyo

mayyo

IF-Sizzlerz

mayyo

Posted: 14 March 2013 at 12:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lehr

lovely

Glad you like it. Smile

Onir

IF-Rockerz

Onir

Posted: 14 March 2013 at 1:14pm | IP Logged
Edited my comment on Pg. 1 Smile

mayyo

dqno1

IF-Sizzlerz

dqno1

Posted: 14 March 2013 at 6:35pm | IP Logged
I am so glad to have been brought up by a father who thinks differently.  Whereas the predominant nature of my grandmothers was exactly the same as your story and they tried to teach my mother that too, she never bend down to that for us.  My mother, god bless her, would wink at us and be so naughty with us, no one realized what she did as the eldest bahu of the house...It takes a person like her in a family to change the course of the next generation... We never abused that faith that she had in us either...

Once a guest at our house was laughing at me preparing for my exams, saying why study so hard you only have to make "rotis" for the rest of your life.  Little warrior me told him that I am going to invent a machine that makes rotis, that's why...LOL  And women have gone to space and taken positions of so much power and it just warms my heart that people like him lost their stupid arguments...

Great piece Mari...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

kaamchornipalindromeOnirmayyo

mayyo

IF-Sizzlerz

mayyo

Posted: 15 March 2013 at 9:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Onir

Loved it so very much. Smile
It's something so closely related to the scenario girls face day in & day out. It is an issue that is continuing to victimise Girls since ages. No amount of modernisation or revolutionary thinking has been able to give freedom to Women/Girls from the clutches of the thoughts of discrimination just because of Patriarchy dominant society we live in.
What is more upsetting is, that a woman too believes & succumbs to it & also directly or indirectly causes her own Girl to be pulled into the clutches of such Bondage of life just cause you'reconsidered as the fairersex just in titlle or naming but never given a fair chance to prove yourself nor having any benefits.
Yes, no matter how much modernisation or revolution has happened, this one issue is still something to worry about. A woman herself accepts herself to be the inferior gender and teaches her daughter to be the same...
You know after reading this I am so glad & feel blessed that I am born in a family where this thought is not dominant, & My parents don't favour any Patriarchy or matriarchal school of thoughts ... but have inculcated That equality & impartiality is the way to deal with things either for rewards or for punishments. But I know there are Girls out there who have not been so privileged & become victims to such practices& thoughts and get bonded & captured into these dungeons of male dominated society fakely created by Men & propogated by some women...
You are very lucky Onir! Very lucky. Not many have this much luck...Smile
Well written... small & precise but nevertheless hit the nail... & quite impactful Clap
Thank you for pening this down, & sharing here so all of us can be a part of this ... Hug

Thank you for being here Onir! And thank you so much for the encouraging words! Hug

Onir

mayyo

IF-Sizzlerz

mayyo

Posted: 15 March 2013 at 9:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dqno1

I am so glad to have been brought up by a father who thinks differently. Whereas the predominant nature of my grandmothers was exactly the same as your story and they tried to teach my mother that too, she never bend down to that for us. My mother, god bless her, would wink at us and be so naughty with us, no one realized what she did as the eldest bahu of the house...It takes a person like her in a family to change the course of the next generation... We never abused that faith that she had in us either...
Exactly, it takes women like her to change the course of the next generation. And you're very lucky to have been under her shelter. Smile
Once a guest at our house was laughing at me preparing for my exams, saying why study so hard you only have to make "rotis" for the rest of your life. Little warrior me told him that I am going to invent a machine that makes rotis, that's why...LOL And women have gone to space and taken positions of so much power and it just warms my heart that people like him lost their stupid arguments...
I so hate it when people like that guest of yours make such remarks! But I liked the way you told him about the roti machine. LOL
Great piece Mari...
Thank you Avi! Hug

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

kaamchorniOnirdqno1

Post Reply New Post

Go to top