Suggestions / Comments

Page numbers at bottom of page

rocker1 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

The page number format at the bottom of the page has been changed recently. Earlier, we used to have all the page numbers listed - now we have only about 10 or so page numbers listed, and Next and Previous options.

Sometimes in threads that reach a lot of pages (like the MOTW threads in SRGMP section), it takes a lot of time if we want to browse back or ahead to pages. We can only move 10 pages ahead or back at a time. For instance, earlier, if I wanted to go to any page, say page 130, I could simply click on the number 130. But now, if I want to go from say, page 10 to page 130, then I have to keep clicking 20, then 30, then 40, etc about a dozen times until I move forward to page 130.

Why was the format changed? Can't we go back to the earlier format?

If the change has been made to make the site go faster - then it's okay. Speed matters more.

Edited by shadyhtown - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

popkurn thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

I think the change was made for India-forums to move along faster. And I think the individual numbers take a lot of space on one page. Like you said, some topics have 130 pages and sometimes it takes the page a while to load all those 130 pages. But it is nice to have the pages seperate then to click 10 pages by 10.

Priya

Edited by i_luv_jay_sean - 17 years ago