OS-HazaaroN KHwahishaiN Aisee CHapter 5-Page14 - Page 5

Posted: 11 years ago
Ow niceee am looking for more.too small haai love the way you have layered the characters.
Originally posted by oaz30

Ow niceee am looking for more.too small haai love the way you have layered the characters.

Thank you so much , I will give next chapter by Sunday ...😃
Interesting chapter Sai. Very well written. Continue fast. Waiting for further development.
nice one...but no age gap?

pl update soon.
Love the way the story is going. Pls update soon.
Originally posted by lee_Ashni

Interesting chapter Sai. Very well written. Continue fast. Waiting for further development.

Thank you so much , next chapter almost done ðŸ˜ƒ

I will give shortly ...😃
Originally posted by vidyasabde

nice one...but no age gap?

pl update soon.

yes ..No Age gap love story ðŸ˜‰

Thank you so much for liking my OS ...😃
Originally posted by swati62

Love the way the story is going. Pls update soon.

Thank you so much , I will give next chapter shortly ..Almost done ðŸ˜ƒ

Hi Again ðŸ˜‰

Ashuthosh:-

"Grumbling tummy "

My name was not Ashuthosh back then; I was "Grumbling tummy "and my baba was alcoholic '!

My childhood mostly spent living hungry ' I remember being hungry most of the time, there never used to be much food nor money to fill my empty stomach .. As a kid I barely cried for toys or for chocolate because from the beginning all I cared is food to fill my empty stomach and a pair of warm clothes.

My mother'.She died giving birth to me, it is the kind of loss which my baba could not cope 'He was very vocal about it and expressed his grief in every possible way'.I heard many times, from my baba...Most of the time like angry gruff sound, mixed with sigh and disappointment'that my mother died giving birth to me, that my mother fell sick when she conceived me '.with each passing year, with each moment '. his words turned out more and more like I am  the accused one 'that I am the reason for his wife's death'that I gave him grief, his own flesh and blood bought grief to him '.all the while making me feel so unwanted , so disgusted with the life I conceived '

Always He was bitter and angry ' unhappy most of the time but I saw him smiling and little bit happy sometime'he used to take care of me and smile at me very rarely though 'but each day as sun died over the horizon, I saw him stumbling towards liquor shop '.It's not that he did not tried 'He struggled to stay away from his addiction .but in the end I saw him spending all his hard earned money on alcohol 'day after day, night after night

It was kind of fight which he couldn't win, his demons were too strong and their roots were too deep that he couldn't rip them out even in the end 'Whenever he came back filling his empty self with alcohol'I used to worry and hate it at the same time '.I hated that smell which always evoked evil inside him and the way it destroyed him bit by bit '.Sometime when alcohol took better hold him. I saw him crying in agony as all his pain and suffering poured out like sharp edged sword.

All those time, I tried my best to make his life comfortable '..'.I always searched for some handy jobs after school so that I don't have to worry him about my hunger and other needs. I took care of him whenever he came back with pain; I tried to lessen his grief '.I tried '

But I was helpless...; I was a mere kid...All on my own, living with my grumbling tummy and shabby clothes'.how much I could have helped?

In between all this'.I tried my best to hide everything '..From everyone, from Nidhi, from Rohan '.I tried to cover it under my extra big clothes which others lend me, I used to spend hours on how to hide my hunger and poverty, 'But in the end, How hard I may try , I always reeked of poverty, helplessness and never ending hunger '..!

"Ashuthosh, so tell me about it now?" I looked up as I heard her 'she stared at me sipping her cold coffee '

"You will fall sick Nidhi 'I am telling you, its nighttime 11 and it's so chilly and you drinking that cold coffee with that crushed ice cubes "I glare at her

"Will you stop behaving like a doctor '." She give me one of her annoyed look." And stop diverting the topic, now I want to know...Everything "she clutch her coffee cup and glare at me stubbornly.

I don't know what to respond, or how '.I can't tell everything, can I?, sensing my silence she start again "Ashuthosh , I am waiting '"

" what you want to know ?" I ask her dropping my head in surrender

" where were you '.?"

" I was with my nana '."

"Nana ..?!"

" yes .." I mumble

" 'who nana ?  ..You never told me about your nana ..?"

"Even I dint knew ..hmm'.about him 'till baba's death "

I sigh as memories of that cold night comes crashing down on me , it hits me hard mercilessly '

As I open my mouth to speak , I feel  as if  baba is standing some where near ' I can feel that intense gaze of those yellowish eyes  , can still smell his ragged breath heavy with booze '.I can still picture , those convulsion of his face , the way his one eyes fluttered unnaturally . I can hear his weak legs stumbling from room to room searching for money '

" its after cremating baba '.when 'I came back , I found him waiting for me . he asked me to come along with him '." I mutter inhaling lungful of air as sudden remembrance of those night send chill to my existence.

" why he never came before '.never ever " she stare at me questioningly

"My nana 'he broke all relationship with my mother, when she eloped with my father and got married '.I think, he was angry and hurt '." I mutter suppressing my pain.

" And When my mother died 'and I was born ' he came back to bridge that relation but baba throwed him out of our life 'I think that time baba was angry and hurt , he was heart broken "

She stir in her seat, reaching out for my hand '" Ashuthosh, you don't have to talk about it ..if you don't feel like , I 'I don't want you to get upset thinking about all those days '"

I shake my head " I ..I want to '.talk Nidhi , let me '.please "  I press on each word as a rage of pain engulf me '

Instantly she leave her coffee mug and come to my side '" you don't have to leave your precious coffee to listen to me '" I smile when I see those worry lines on her face, her care and the attention which she always bestowed on me look so endearing to me '.

She stare at me in stunned silence and her expression change to upmost annoyance "very funny '" She snap back in fake anger.

"Your nana '.was he nice with you "After a while she asks me, chewing her rainbow colored doughnut '

"He still is '." I smile

She stare at me  '" I wanted to come back here nidhi 'where I lived , I have so many memories ..I wanted to live in this place ' "

She smile " How sweet '..when are you going to meet your nana and where he live, tell me about him '."

I smile hearing her series of question" he lives in delhi nidhi '.. , he was very well known neurosurgeon, Now even though he stopped his practice but he don't miss out to give lecture to young doctors  '. His seminars are always house full'"

"God  ...You are making him sound like a movie star "  I chuckle  when I hear her '.

" Then why you became gynac 'why not Neurosurgeon ?" she ask me concentrating on her last piece of doughnut

" what is wrong is being gynac'?? "

" no ..its ..Its weird, I thought only ladies prefer that field '"

" Do you remember what you wanted to become '..Your ultimate ambition to be fighter pilot 'how lady like " I chuckle looking at her face

She giggles "And I used to drag you along to those physics seminars '"

"And I used to dose in middle '..While you scribbled about black holes and big bang theory in my notepad "'I smile remembering those old afternoons m

We sit like that , smiling and remembering those good old days, after a while I mutter " I wanted to do that Nidhi'.when nana asked me what I want to become '.I could only tell him that I want to save life 'may be it was my guilt and it was my way to make up for those lost moments where I could not save my baba and my 'mother who died giving birth to me '"

"You were not at fault Ashuthosh 'you never were at fault'  you were good , even then ..Even now 'remember one thing, you helped your baba in your own way "she smile reassuringly

"And today look at you '.I am so proud of you and so happy for you'.you are such a good doctor "

"You are flattering me , I know 'I am famous and good doctor and all'.." I chuckle just to annoy her

" ohh common '..No need to fly so high, I just stated that you are good doctor and nothing else " she push me away

"Someone is annoyed '." I chuckle as She glare at me and then her expression change, there is pain as she mumble

" I missed you so much Ashuthosh '.so much'..do you know how much we searched for you, We were worried , scared like hell 'me and Rohan ,we used to sit at your door step every evening hoping that you will turn up '"

" I am sorry '. " I mumble as her pain filled eyes pierce through mine ..

" you better be Dr Ashuthosh '..Next time, don't even think about running away from me , I will never let you go '..You got it " she stare straight in my eyes , asking for my promise , asking for reassurance that I will never go away from her '.Her eyes twinkle , it shine bright like Sirius star '. I see immense love which always pushed me to the illusion that she loved me 'just the way I loved her 'with all my heart!

Staring at her eyes, I mumble '." I will never go away "

Nidhi

Ashuthosh is very private person, he always been like that 'he liked to keep things to himself, all his worries, his pain deep inside him'never ever letting out. When we were little, He never let us inside his house 'he used to get up early and knock on my door even before I came searching for him 'But sometime, when We end up playing at his place, he always used to take us to backyard but not inside his house 'That's how he managed to keep his secret until he was 9 '.

Those days Rohan was busy with his throw ball tournament...so I and Ashuthosh were left alone in the evening, once after school, I ran towards his home...it was quiet, as stumbled inside, I saw him sitting near his baba who was lying on floor 'I saw him cleaning his mouth, his face with wet towel, once he done with that 'he got behind him and bracing himself hard..He tried to drag his baba towards small couch '.

"Can I help?" I asked

Startled He looked behind; he stared at me for a long time...without waiting for his answer I joined his hand to get his baba on couch '.

He couldn't meet my eyes, he kept moving away from me like a restless kitten '" I won't tell" I mumbled taking his hand...

"You should go  ..." he muttered  

"Ok "I replied but I never left his side'!

"90% of farmers are in debt ridden, they living there life under the mercy of their money lender  ... ..Can you believe that? No rain and all pain 'no wonder so many are committing suicide "Anjie snort staring at my face

I shuffle through my documents "Nidhi, why don't we plan a medical camp out there 'and you can talk to them  ...who know it might help them at least a bit "

I ponder on what Anjie just said '" Not a bad idea "

She grin "Do you know any anyone 'you see, we can take help from some hospital which tied up with NGO like us 'let e see , if we have anyone '"

She shuffles through some old files , trying to search for hospital " I know someone ..He work for KGH , Dr Ashuthosh mathur 'he is friend of mine , I can ask him if its fine "

"Ooohhh Dr Ashuthosh mathur , Not a bad name Nidhi "

" he is just a friend '." I yell back

" yes , I can see that '.Just a friend '" She smile  "here what you said KGH , yes '.they are tied up with our NGO "

suddenly I get this urge to shout back "Ashuthosh is just a friend and nothing else "But as I open my mouth to speak, I feel something I s defeating me'something which is far beyond my control, something which is far beyond my point to grasp

So I don't respond instead I get up from my seat 'and pick my phone to call him '"Dr Ashuthosh mathur."

Ashuthosh:-

Centripetal force and centrifugal force collide with one another and leave us in zero gravitational state 'that is when we feel weightless , like flying , like drifting somewhere along with the wind but that day I sensed , it was something more than physics which drive one person's world , swing and leave our feet just above the stars '.

I remember that day, each and every tiny details of it... From the color of cotton candies till the fake smile of the magician, from rusted crazy rides till fluffy colorful monkey dolls,  From whooping laughter of rohan till the silence of my heart '

I remember everything of that day, When I saw her, she looked different and smelled differently, like first rain and wet grass, her eyes were like thunderstorm which twinkled every time she laughed 'her laughter was loud and magical, I felt it ripping through the silence of my heart 'She dragged me along to sit in one of crazy rides, "Rohan'.I am going to sit with Ashuthosh ..He is scared of height "her words got muffled with the cacophony of my thoughts'

Cold wind brushed my cheek as our crazy ride drew us to the top'.She took my trembling hand all the while whispering "ashuthosh, it is just a ride 'you are not going to fall" 'I felt her hand, soft pulse of her thundering heart and my whole world reflecting in her bright eyes..This left me to the top...

I turned my face away, closing my eyes, inhaling sharp gust of wind 'And I sensed, felt that  I love her a lot, a lot '.!

May be I loved her, I felt too much towards her from the beginning but that day I felt depth of my emotions and mixture of innocence and beauty in her at once '.

Standing in middle of carnival, I felt this'a new dream' fluttering in my heart!

That day, I was 17 and I realized that I am in love with Nidhi'..!

"You love her, don't you?" I look away to get away from Armaan's curious glance.

" Who?"

" Nidhi '"

"Just shut up Armaan '"I yell back

" yelling at me is not going to change the fact '" he snap back

" she is engaged to my best friend 'Rohan , so stop talking nonsense"

"It does not matter '"he mumbles sipping his cold tea

" it matters '.."

" so you love her '."

"Will you please stop it '"

" I will stop only when you give me honest answer" He reply back

I stare nidhi who is standing just inch away from us 'busy talking to her friend from NGO , I worry and start feeling anxious

Closing my eyes , after a while I mumble '." Yes I love her a lot  ..."

Armaan smile, broadly '." Armaan, I am warning you...she is coming here, don't you dare speak any nonsense'. anything in front of her " I glare at him

He grins wickedly "so she doesn't know that you love her?"

"It does not matter " I snap back

" what does not matter ? " Nidhi come and sit next to me '.

" Ohh'nothing Nidhi ,we were talking about one patient " I reply as I keep on glaring at armaan suddenly  feeling so restless and anxious " So nidhi, I will speak with our management on this and arrange for doctors who can come with you .." Armaan mutter

"That's great, "

"We can arrange for this within 2 days 'and by the way, I am Dr Armaan..Ashuthosh's best friend...I was waiting that he will do our formal introduction "he grin

I spit my cold tea at once "easy Ashuthosh  ..." she come to my rescue, instantly holding a tissue paper ', which leave bright smile on Armaan's face

"I am fine Nidhi  ..." I mumble and try to get away from her.

"So Ashu told me that you both were childhood friends '" armaan ask her

She smile "yes , We were best friends and very close .."

"So you must be knowing about his first love '. "He ask

Startled I glare at Armaan, he ignore me completely as I stir in my seat anxiously...Nidhi stare at me in surprise...I try to smile but end up grinning awkwardly

" Ashuthosh , why are you giving those funny expression , who is she " she ask me

" No , I was just asking '.do you know anyone , any story of ashu like that 'because he never fell in love till now ..not gone out for a date , not even showing any interest towards marriage .."

" you are making me sound so old and boring." I reply with sigh of relief

" Gaadhe , you will be 28 in few months '.you are old " Nidhi chuckle hearing our banter

Later, when Nidhi leave 'I sit in my cabin, checking on my reports..Armaan knock on my door "Don't think that I will not tell next time  ...if you don't tell, I will tell her "

"She is engaged Armaan 'can't you see "I yell back

"Yes but it's not going to change the fact that you love her '!" he snaps back and leaves even before I could say anything'

Nidhi:-

Ashuthosh wrote a script, when we were 17 '.He named it as "Castle and the thief"

It's a story of one thief, who in order to get over his ugly and poor life, decide to find wealth 'He walk all the way passing deserts and crowded streets , he do not find a way to make wealth 'As he pass through thick jungle , he come across one castle ..It's stony and full of thorns but still he pass through secret passage and get inside...

After walking few distance, he see rooms full of gold and jewels '. He tries to loot it but something stops him when he sees one young princess sleeping on her thickly embroidered bed '.Thief let go of everything as he gaze at her intensely . Every time he watches her, he feels a new emotion building inside him, which is unknown to him 'where he feels all ugliness and troubles dissolving, by just staring at her innocence '.

He was so lost watching her sleep that he will not hear nearing footsteps'.the moment he realized, what is happening, he is plucked in chains and standing in front of angry prince'.

He raises his tired and anxious eyes to get glance of her '" who are you?"Angry prince shouts at him.

He smiles to himself

Angry prince narrows his eyes 'as he slowly mumbles "I am a mere thief, who came in search of wealth '..

He looks around for her and there he sees her standing at the far end of castle 'His eyes shine with brightness as he mumble again " I am a mere thief ..Who found his wealth?"

We played this play many times, every afternoon and every evening under thick blanket of trees and bright sunshine.

Every time we played, each time '..it was Rohan , who was the angry prince, it was me ,the  beautiful princess and ..It was Ashuthosh...the thief "

Hot steam of burning stove, itch my skin '..I close my eyes inhaling heavenly aroma of Gaajar ka Halwa , but even that do not give any comfort to my heart '

My thoughts, which always synchronized, logically acceptable 'today go against all logic and reality, how hard I may try but in end...I hear Anjie's words and I wonder why mere a casual comment pricking me so much and why it is occurring to me that Ashuthosh is not only a friend? '.Are my feelings for rohan were so shallow or are this new emotion which I am feeling for Ashuthosh is so intense? '.

"Nidhi, look who is here? I hear baba's happy voice '

I go out '.I see him, standing with huge smile, there are yellow roses in his hand and a box of baba's favorite laddoos '.

"Ashuthosh '."

" Hi Nidhi , I came to wish your baba on his birthday '." He reply

"Happy birthday sir '." Baba takes him in his arms and pats on his back affectionately '

" its feel nice to hear that you remember my birthday '.Nidhi told me all about you ,she is so proud of you so I am '.You grown out as one nice young fella Ashuthosh '" Baba smile at him

I try to smile as I feel this fierce battle raging inside my head '" Ashuthosh '.I am preparing Gajaar ka halwa ,  why don't you sit with baba for sometime" he nodd his head but I see the same uncertainty lingering in his eyes , like something is wrong ..May be went wrong and now we don't know how to handle it!

After a while, I hear his footstep...near kitchen, I look back '" I just came, in case you need any help " he come forward and peek in half done halwa

" Hmm ..It smells heavenly "he grin

" do you remember , I used to prepare it , every year ..on baba's birthday "  ask him struggling to act normal

" yes , 3 of us '.used to love it "

I don't like Gajar ka halwa" I mumble

" I mean to say , myself ..Rohan and your baba "he smile

"Yes '."

Later, when he leave '.I stand near entrance watching him walk towards his car ,suddenly he turn around " Armaan asked me to inform you '.Medical camp is set on Tuesday , you still have 2 days of time '"

I nod my head " who is coming along ?"

He smile " I am coming '"

A part of me feel so happy and but a part struggle to understand this whole situation as I wonder  

Did I ever loved Rohan'was it love which I felt for Rohan or did I just made it up over the years '..When it started, definitely it was not love, it was fun...And rohan was fun too! And now is this love '.? This something deep, which swirl around my heart , which give fluttering happiness whenever he smile at me '.Is this love which erupting so many dreams inside my broken heart ..Is this love?

I push aside all my thoughts and mumble "What I am? Some kind of lunatic, Am I mad or what is happening '..! "

Let me know how it came out , please do tell me ...Thank you ðŸ˜ƒ

Edited by saibanu - 11 years ago
me first again...

another nice chapter..and longer too..good going Sai...

i always love Ashu Armaan friendship...don't know why..even in this one...where you have made Ashu Nidhi and Rohan as friends, Ashu Armaan friendship stands out...