Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jhanvi86 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
This article reflects popular opinion in India too.
All of my friend circle & relatives have stopped watching the soap. I figure the rating will be high the coming week, because a lot of people watched out of curiosity & to judge whether to go on watching. A lot of people have decided not to. So we will see the actual result in the week after the next rating.

@Nikks - That's because indian audience is much more gullible. Look at the condition of the TV industry - the avg. quality? People will settle for anything, they submit their choice/opinion to PHs very easily. I feel people not accepting the change & voicing their opinion is healthy. How else will the consumer command TV viewing if we don't do that. The ball always lies in the court of the producers, this way.

And this sort of not just acceptance, but promotion of the replacement, I am honestly seeing only on IF here. Elsewhere I have only heard negative stuff. I can understand if people like an actress, its their personal choice, but I have not seen people promoting Toral as I have seen here. I have a feeling, a few people from the PH have the job of actress promotion here. Because here I see people censoring the opinion of a majority of people, sneering at them for not willing to accept change, calling them cry babies, emotional fools, etc. This is shocking for me. In the TV industry, where people get selected based on looks, personality, voice, acting skills, etc, the viewer will obviously think over these and be judgmental about these aspects! Their personal opinion/liking of a person on television will depend on all this.

Here an actor is replaced by another one who looks the compete opposite of the first one. Obviously comparisons will happen. You can't censor human nature! Here it's not about bashing a human being for his/her looks. That happens when an actor has been in a certain role for some time & his/her look, etc is bound by the character scope. When people unnecessarily criticize or put too much emphasis on styling, looks, etc.

Edited by Jhanvi86 - 11 years ago
VerboseG thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Jhanvi86

This article reflects popular opinion in India too.
All of my friend circle & relatives have stopped watching the soap. I figure the rating will be high the coming week, because a lot of people watched out of curiosity & to judge whether to go on watching. A lot of people have decided not to. So we will see the actual result in the week after the next rating.

@Nikks - That's because indian audience is much more gullible. Look at the condition of the TV industry - the avg. quality? People will settle for anything, they submit their choice/opinion to PHs very easily. I feel people not accepting the change & voicing their opinion is healthy. How else will the consumer command TV viewing if we don't do that. The ball always lies in the court of the producers, this way with people accepting a lot of stupidity on TV today. Here I am not referring to this change, but the content & quality of TV industry as a whole. But the same principle also applies to the replacement issue.

And this sort of not just acceptance, but promotion of the replacement, I am honestly seeing only on IF here. Elsewhere I have only heard negative stuff. I can understand if people like an actress, its their personal choice, but I have not seen people promoting Toral as I have seen here. I have a feeling, a few people from the PH have the job of actress promotion here. Because here I see people censoring the opinion of a majority of people, sneering at them for not willing to accept change, calling them cry babies, emotional fools, etc. This is shocking for me. In the TV industry, where people get selected based on looks, personality, voice, acting skills, etc, the viewer will obviously think over these and be judgmental about these aspects! Their personal opinion/liking of a person on television will depend on all this.

Here an actor is replaced by another one who looks the compete opposite of the first one. Obviously comparisons will happen. You can't censor human nature! Here it's not about bashing a human being for his/her looks. That happens when an actor has been in a certain role for some some & his/her look, etc is bound by the character scope. When people unnecessarily criticize or put too much emphasis on styling, looks, etc.

I applaud you for the clarity of thought in your post, and especially so for your observation (@bold). 👏

Trust me, this thread will soon be reported too.😊
Edited by VerboseG - 11 years ago
Blukitten thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
exactly jhanvi...in general BV is geting lot of negative reviews and I just cant accpet tht we shld adjust to change...why??
I am the customer PH shld oblige me not the other way round...Had pratz quit willingly I wld still hav accpeted but def not with an avg actress.
It seems as if they got the first available actress due to urgency...most ppl I know hav stopped watching...and its getting worse day by day...
suja84 thumbnail

The article clearly reports sentiments of everyone i know.

Its only in this forum, people are going all rah rah over toral. I am wondering if they are seeing the same thing as what we are seeing here outside india. Anyway, thank you for posting this article. Just good to know, that i am not the only one ..
Jhanvi86 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
LOL.

That's so funny!
This is an article from a world source, telling about viewer opinion. And this article/post will get censored by a site DEDICATED to serial viewers and opinion. Wow. Is something wrong here or is it just me?!

Originally posted by: VerboseG

I applaud you for the clarity of thought in your post, and especially so for your observation (@bold). 👏

Trust me, this thread will soon be reported too.😊

VerboseG thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Jhanvi86

LOL.

That's so funny!
This is an article from a world source, telling about viewer opinion. And this article/post will get censored by a site DEDICATED to serial viewers and opinion. Wow. Is something wrong here or is it just me?!

Presumably, we, the majority are mad... So, we should go with popular opinion.😉
Edited by VerboseG - 11 years ago
MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Thank u so much for sharing this Nou 🤗

Feels good to be a teeny weeny part of change.. fells good to make a difference even if one can't see its immediate effects.. Colors and PH cannot deny the fact that the audience is the King.. the remote is our hands and I'll not go down without fighting.

Regarding frenemies I care a damn.. go ahead and report... u can stifle our voices and choices only on this forum.. there is huge world out there waiting to hear us.
MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: VerboseG

Presumably, we, the majority are mad... So, we should go with popular opinion.😉

I refuse to be part of bhedchaal gang 😛
tistaa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing Noudidi 😊   chalo from the comments on this article we can see that all over India there are plenty of people who are stubborn and emotional fools like us 😆  I am very happy 😆 
Blukitten thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
there is def something wrong here...BV forum was never so heavily censored before...there has ben worse bashing before...n frankly its not bashing but simple healthy criticism now.
Seems PH is going all out to save their skin 😆😆