Channel V Dil Dosti Dance

SwaRon One Shot: The Lonesome Cat Lady

thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Author's Note

I wrote this one randomly this evening. I have these moments in which my insides implore me to write. Otherwise I am pretty much the same. This is one of my old ideas that I just happened to fabricate into a one shot, I hope you enjoy reading it. I liked writing it. 

The Lonesome Cat Lady

Swayum and Sharon met on the first day of Junior College. Their kindred unsocial spirits had bonded them together. Sharon conveniently called it their common hatred regarding people. Swayum knew better than to contradict her. It got nasty when she was contradicted. Also he knew that hearts like marshmallows do not dwell on hatred.

The weather had nearly summoned a change. The evening wind was not quite as bitter as it had been for long. Sharon's patent subject for complaining had been taken away brutally from her. But she never did give in to nuisances such as the pleasance of weather. She would always come up to with a fresh and crisp reason to complain. Relating the same to her best friend, she let him walk her to her hostel.

He figured today she was going to complain about Valentine's Day.

"If you ask me, I do not understand the hype at all." She declared, pinning her hair back.

"Me neither." He attentively replied.

She nodded at him in an I-know-right fashion, clutched the straps of her back-pack and heaved it upward to support her back. Her back ached often. And you'd know that a day with three back-to-back tests was rougher than usual. Help was in order. Swayum removed his back-pack and thrust it into her arms.

"Dude, ouch." She screeched.

"Hang this from the front, will keep your back erect." He said in his high and wise tone.

She tucked his bag tightly to her chest and marched animatedly alongside him. He noticed the thoughtfully enlivened expression she was wearing.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked her curiously.

When she did not reply but made a face at him, he reckoned she wasn't thinking. She was upset. Valentine's Day was folly but at times so was Sharon. In the spur of that very moment Swayum had an idea. He put a stopper in her march by holding her hand. Halted, she turned to face him. He weaved both his fingers through her cautiously pinned hair and stroked his lips against hers deeply and gently. The puzzling nuance to him was the mysterious reason behind why she kissed him back after all.

"What was that for?" She asked him in one of her higher pitches.

"I've never kissed anyone before. I'd be lying if I say I didn't have the chance to." He smirked at her.

"I care extremely about your carnal tales. Now tell me why." She implored him spitefully.

"I figured if I needed it to be perfect I'd have to kiss you." He made an artless face at her and patted her shoulder.

She grinned broadly. She may have colored a little but concealed it like a professional. They were both proud of how she did it. A few steps away from her hostel Sharon heard Swayum mutter, 'So much to cheer up a lonesome cat lady on Valentine's Day'. He received duly the punch in the gut that had been coming his way. 

-Epiphany.

Edited by epiphany. - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pehlanasha. thumbnail
Hmmm..that was such a wonderful one shot. I must say you have your hands on grammar and English very abruptly. That sentence that 'She got some color on her face but hid it like professional and both of them were very proud of it' was super nice. Nicely written.

keep writing Kanks. I would love to read more from you. (:

Thanks for the PM.
sweetangelpayal thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
I reserve till 19th of March!! 😛

I unres only to realise i hav nothing to say. My comment will in probablities take away the perfection from this OS. Yes, it is THAT beautifulll ❤️
Edited by sweetangelpayal - 11 years ago
_Deepika_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Hey Kanks..

That was a cute and short Oneshot...unique...well written...that is the USP of ur write ups...the command over English u have makes ur work much more effective...a simple plot...effective character designs ...loved the way u have portrayed their equation..the kiss was cute...loved this oneshot...😳

Luv
Deep
Edited by deep_Tanha - 11 years ago
shweta211 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
 I forgot to mention, IF I do love you, 50% of it would be because of your gift. 
agreatperhaps thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
It's a reserve mate, another one to remind me of.
flirteyed thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
This is an xtremely cute OS, loved it :D
-dark.horse- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
such a cute one..completely different version f SwaRon...loved it
Radioactive. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
R e s e r v e .

E d i t e d .  

It was only a while back that I realized I hadn't edited my spot here and so here I am.   

To begin with, this OneShot reminded me greatly of your Fiction "The Little Things Give You Away". The characters of Sharon and Swayam here do hold similarities with the ones there.  
The entire OneShot had a very casual feel to it and I very honestly don't get why Valentines day is such a huge thing either!  

"Also he knew that hearts like marshmallows do not dwell on hatred" - This particular line caught my attention. Very well thought!  

Your writing style amazes me. You take the simplest of concepts and turn it into the most facinating pieces of work. I still think you should have pursued writing or something in relation to it as a career. You'd have done wonders.   

Anyway, that's that!   

P.S I like the title. :)

-Srishti
Edited by Srishti_TanHa - 11 years ago
Swaronvrushan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Nice...a bit different frm others nd i kinda liked it