Posted: 08 March 2013 at 4:16pm | IP Logged
Rules & RegulationsHi all,
In order to ensure a peaceful and enjoyable experience for all members of India-Forums, Vijay and the moderators have come up with a Forum Code of Conduct which all members should review and adhere to. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Vijay or any of the moderators.
India-Forums Code of Conduct
Our goal is to ensure that India-Forums's online forums and chat channels are welcoming environments where people can come together and discuss relevant subjects and topics in a friendly and non-aggressive environment. The purpose of this code of conduct is to ensure that users can participate in the forums and chats without being 'flamed', personally attacked, harassed or be exposed to inappropriate materials. India-Forums values freedom of expression on the site, but not at the expense of offending others. We want all members to have an enjoyable and fun experience. With this in mind we have established the Code of Conduct to help us achieve that goal. Please assist us by posting relevant messages that are consistent with the Code of Conduct. In short, we aim to maintain forums and chats with appropriate standards of civil posting behavior and where members respect the rights of others. This Code of Conduct is subject to the Planet India-Forums member rules.
India-Forums appoints moderators to help us ensure that forum post content and chat messages comply with the vision and goals of the India-Forums website forums and chat areas.
You agree, through your use of the forum and chat services, that you will abide by this Code of Conduct.
Please take some time to carefully read and understand the Code of Conduct, and the penalties for violations. Non-compliance will result in forfeiture of your privilege to access the forums and chat channels may result in a permanent ban. The following actions constitute a violation of the Code of Conduct. Please note references to posts in the following includes messages made in chat channels:
- Non-adherence or violation of the Planet India-Forums membership rules.
- Using an invalid email address for your user account.
- Posting messages that display or link to po*nographic or sexually offensive material. Posting sexually suggestive materials or graphic intimate details of sexual nature whether in story form or while discussing an episode will not be allowed. Debates on subjects which are sensitive and adult will be closely monitored for content. Any topic containing videos, pictures, articles or individual postings by members on Nudity, discussions or postings related to any kind of nudity or po*n, and not deemed fit for an universal audience will be closed and trashed and warnings given. It also applies to published articles. Whether any such topic is appropriate in a section will be decided by the Dev Team and the decision of the Dev Team on any such kind of topic shall be final.
- Posting messages that in any way breach or violate the terms and conditions of a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA).
- Any attempts to breach forum security, or gain unauthorized access into user accounts. This includes the action of guessing passwords, successful or not. Assisting others with such attempts or actions also constitutes a violation.
- Exploiting, or attempting to exploit, forum bugs, vulnerabilities, or loopholes.
- Flooding the forum with repeat or similar meaning messages. What constitutes flooding behavior is at the discretion of India-Forums staff and India-Forums appointed moderators.
- Registering multiple accounts with intent to disrupt the community.
- Giving, discussing, requesting, or linking to information that is either directly or indirectly related to obtaining pirated or unauthorized copyrighted materials, serial numbers, serial number generators and No-CD patches may result in an immediate ban.
- Registering accounts with usernames or using screen names that are offensive or created with intent to cause disruption to the forums.
- Impersonating India-Forums staff on the forums or India-Forums web site areas generally (including chats)
- Flooding the forums with redundant messages, empty messages, advertisements, clearly irrelevant "+1 Post Count" messages, and/or nonsensical posts.
- Posting messages that are inflammatory and made simply with the intent to provoke disruption to the forum and encourage, incite or continue 'flame' threads. 'Trolling' posts will not be tolerated. Posts that are disruptive and destructive in character will not be tolerated. Flaming is deemed to include insulting, personally directed criticisms and/or posts that include comments aimed to incite anger. Trolling is deemed to include posts aimed to incite disruption or stir up trouble. For example, posting to a thread or starting a thread without the intent to contribute positive suggestions or comments. Instead, the aim is negative and disruptive comments.
- Using expressions or language in posts that are considered foul, vulgar, hateful, bigoted, sexually harassing, racially offensive, or are in any way discriminatory. Whether an expression falls within this definition will be determined at the discretion of India-Forums staff and/or India-Forums appointed forum moderators and their decision will be final.
- Posting messages that are not within the designated forum areas identified subject scope or defined topic. The forum does have an off-topic area for broader general discussion. Please note that posts made to the off-topic forum area must comply in all respects with all other standards and requirements as stipulated in this Code of Conduct.
- Making posts that personally attack, insult, threaten, harass or are clearly disrespectful of the opinions of other participants. This means, if you are engaging in debates that involve challenging, questioning and disputing the opinions and views of others, you are required to do so in a civil manner and ensure that your posts are relevant and on-topic. This rule does not exclude posts that are critical or questioning. It does, however, require that you carefully consider the tone of language in such posts to ensure that they are civil.
- Posting messages in all capitals letters is not permitted. This represents "shouting" on the internet and can be viewed as offensive by other members.
- As a guideline signature files should not exceed a maximum file size of 25 KB. Please try and keep within this limitation in consideration of other users with slow internet connections. Signatures that significantly exceed this guideline may be deemed a Code of Conduct violation.
19. A very important NOTE:
Direct or Indirect attacks - of any form - including aspersions, sarcasm, snide comments etc - on any dev team will NOT BE TOLERATED. The attacking member will be formally warned with the Warning Meter.
A topic which openly challenges the authority or the decision of any dev team member AND/OR which was created with the underlying motive of creating unrest on the forum shall be immediately closed and deleted. The member creating the topic and any other member(s) involved in the altercation will be formally warned with the Warning Meter.
NOTE: This does NOT include genuine queries posed by members about the working of the dev team, where the underlying intention of the poster is to get answers to a valid question. We still would like this to be an open forum where members can question things which do not make sense to them. However, the questions have to be asked in a polite and respectful manner and sufficient time to be given to the dev team to answer the queries. Any disrespect , contempt or discourtesy shown in this regard will immediately fetch a warning raise. Once a dev team member gives an explanation to a member's genuine query, the topic will be closed and no other queries on that topic will be entertained.
If any member has any issue regarding any decision, they are free to PM the Admin or the Global Moderators.
Violations and Penalties
Violation or infringement of any of the rules in this Code of Conduct may result in the immediate revocation, suspension or termination of the privilege to post on India-Forums's forums or participate in the chat channels. India-Forums reserves the right to vary the severity and suddenness of the penalty based on the nature of the violation. India-Forums reserves the right to refuse to post or remove any posts, material or links that we deem unacceptable, offensive or in violation of the rules without further notice. We also reserve the right to suspend, prohibit or terminate the registration of any user who violates the rules from using the site or site related services without warning.
India-Forums staff and India-Forums appointed forum moderators are the sole arbiters as to what constitutes a violation of the Code of Conduct.
Penalties will be applied in India-Forums's discretion as follows:
- Generally, a first violation will result in a warning. Second violation will result in a temporary two week ban. Further violations will result in a month ban. Repeated and severe violations may attract a permanent ban at India-Forums's discretion.
- Severe and repeat violation may attract a permanent ban without warning.
Note 1: If possible warning(s) will be sent to the infringing user's email account. If email warnings are bounced, India-Forums will apply a temporary ban on that account until the user contacts us.
Note 2: Account bans may be applied to multiple accounts if the other accounts originate from the same computer and are believed to be aliases of the account being banned.
All administrative actions taken by the moderators and administrators of these forums and chat channels are final. These actions may include but are not limited to: delete/close/move thread/message, banning, kicking, & account reset. The posting of any personal attacks or criticisms directed at the India-Forums appointed forum moderators will not be tolerated. This includes comments or messages posted in the chat channels. Posts commenting on or criticizing forum administrative actions will be deleted. Any complaints or disagreements regarding forum moderation should be made by email to moderators @ india-forums.com
Should you have any questions or comments on India-Forums's Forum Code of Conduct please email moderators @ india-forums.com
Also feel free to contact the administrator or any of our moderators (via private messenger) if you have any conflict, questions, or concerns:Admin: priya.nair
Global Moderators: *Jayshree*
Amrit Manthan Forum Rules:
As there are many new members (and newbies) coming to visit this side of the forum, many of you are confused about the actual forum rules. Hence here are the rules that you are expected to comply.
1. Comparison Topics/Instigating Posts/Plotting: Instigating topics and comparison posts on this forum are NOT allowed. Some members purposely instigate others and believe they can get by with it and some plan attacks in other places and decide to disrupt the functioning of the forum. Well, it will not happen anymore.
2. Name-Calling/Stereotyping: Giving names to other fans: Bashers, Haters and etc. will not be tolerated. From now on name calling, bashing other fans, or stereotyping will not be allowed.In addition, comment on the show and not the viewers. It seems like half of the posts are targeted at the viewers rather than the show. Do not pass snide remarks at viewers of the show just because their interest lies in something different from yours.3. Bashing/Personal Attacks: Bashing and making personal attacks against any actor/actress/CVs/members is not allowed
. Make sure members know the difference between bashing and criticism. A critic is one who discusses things in perspective, never loses objectivity and states things in a logical and constructive way. But a basher is one, who states the points a bit too heavily such that, it no longer looks like criticism but looks like a total attack. Everyone has his or her own point of view. Let's respect it. You have the right to raise your opinion but one should see lines aren't crossed. Avoid making posts that are abusive, derogatory, insulting or sarcastic enough to affect the sentiment of another member.
This is against IF COC and won't be tolerated.
4. Keep a control on your sarcasm. If the mods feel that your post is no longer critiquing, but is full of sarcasm/attacks... that will be held against you.
Also note that this is applicable to actors, as well as other members. Attacks on characters are perfectly legitimate, and it's perfectly fine to argue about them, so long as it doesn't escalate into personal attacks on either other members, or the actors, but is limited to the characters..
We are not here to make your lives hard, we are just here to sort everything out and make Amrit Manthan a clean forum for all it's visitors and members.
-Credit to Aanchal for original Post-
Frequently Asked Questions
- I am new to the forum - where do I go to introduce myself ?
Introductions - New members please introduce yourself in the Members Introduction.
- I have question that I need help with - where do I go ?
Help Desk - If you have any queries, comments or suggestion regarding The show then please post it in Help Desk.
- Where do I find written and video updates for the show so far ?
Updates Archive - You can find all written and video updates in the written & video Archives All the updates are organized month, going from the most recent to older updates.
- Is there a place where I can find all the pictures related to AM and it's cast ?
Picture Gallery - All pictures related to the show and it's cast can be found in the Picture Gallery The Picture Gallery is a no comment thread so please do not post comments in the thread. Use ''like'' button to appreciate member's efforts
You will find pictures in Appreciation threads and Journey topics too.
- Is there a place where I can discuses about the show and the cast (Picturs, TRP, rating, etc) ?
Archive Mansion - you will find all the famous thread that you need about GOTW, DOTW, Contest, Suggestions, MOTW, Newsletter, Appreciation threads, Chat threads and Journey..etc. in Amrit Mantha Archive Mansion
All the updates are organized, going from the most recent to older updates.
Edited by Ahlem - 08 March 2013 at 4:33pm