Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

swasthi

IF-Rockerz

swasthi

Posted: 08 March 2013 at 3:24pm | IP Logged
One of the purposes of the Kumbh Mela is to bathe in the water so that your sins of this life are forgiven.

Whilst Gopi's aim at being so determined with Rashi was to teach her a lesson of not to tell lies, Rashi too was head strong to ignore Gopi's attempts. This tug-o-war between Gopi and Rashi brought no gain to either of them until Meera was found to be missing, only to realise that now she can turn.

With the summoning for all to go the the Kumbh Mela by Baa, Rashi had no choice but to go. If there is any one of the Modi's that most need this, it goes without saying, it should be Rashi. 

The pilgrimage brought on two new challenges for Rashi with the near loss of her identity when she was being claimed to be Damyanti and the learning that Gopi was missing. No doubt these destabilised her. For her, she had learnt that her safety mattered a lot. She was grateful when Jigar came to the rescue but when Gopi went missing, it haunted her for not holding on to Gopi's hand. 

It took the doing of good deed by saving Gopi that permitted her to redeem herself, or not?

(edited - tweaked the typos)

Edited by swasthi - 09 March 2013 at 12:45am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

cvdprasadmunnihyderabadyhm_crazeANJ4Justlikethat1Xarinapikiiichuu

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DOTW - Redemption or not" in Saath Nibhaana Saathiya forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Justlikethat1

IF-Sizzlerz

Justlikethat1

Posted: 08 March 2013 at 4:20pm | IP Logged
Nice topic SwasthiTongue

Does one act of kindness balance out a lifetime of errors and sins? Will that redeem a person? I think not.

My first thought was that of Karna. The Karna from Mahabharath. Karna was a great friend of Duryodhana, the head of Kauravas. He stayed with Duryodhana and was a great friend of his. Karna is also supposed to be a great philanthropist. It is said that anyone who asked him anything never returned empty handed.

Unfortunately, his friendship with the wrong person made him do multiple sins in his life. He continued supporting Duryodana fully knowing that Duryodhana was wrong and was doing sins. He was so into supporting Duryodhana that he forgot to be human a number of times.Ouch

During the war of Kurushetra, Karna was invincible. But slowly his sins caught up with him. Losing his chariot and then his bows and arrows, Karna was slayed by Arjuna. He lies there on the battleground, still alive only because of the result of his philanthropy.  Lord Krishna then comes in the disguise of a Brahmin and begs Karna to give away those good karma which to Karna's credit he does.

The moral of the story being, doing a good deed once will not redeem or negate the past actions. To me, Rashi will be redeemed only when she truly feels sorry for everything she has done right from day 1 of Gopi's existence.

These minute moments of saying sorry accounts for nothing and I actually feel that Rashi saved Gopi because she did not want the guilt to weigh on her, not because she loved Gopi. Even after saving her, Rashi lied about admonishing herself for letting go of Gopi's hand when in truth we saw how she was irritated with Gopi for getting lost.

No.. This is no redemption. I may be after revenge but after what Rashi has put Gopi through, I think I am fully justified. I vote that this is redemption NOT

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

cvdprasadswasthiyhm_craze

pikiiichuu

IF-Sizzlerz

pikiiichuu

Posted: 08 March 2013 at 5:23pm | IP Logged
nice topic Swasthi will come bak later

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

swasthiyhm_craze

swasthi

IF-Rockerz

swasthi

Posted: 09 March 2013 at 1:05am | IP Logged
Interesting analogy shared and points raised Harini.

What this led on to was Rashi explaining to Gopi why she does the things she does - that Kokila considers Gopi to be the ideal DIL and that Gopi is better at things, whilst she cannot be and do anything that will satisfy Kokila. 

Hasn't Rashi laid a guilt trip on her? A tactic that is so Rashi but in a craftier way.She has chosen not to change and adapt. She wants to be accepted with all her faults. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

cvdprasadyhm_crazepikiiichuuANJ4Justlikethat1

mona05

IF-Dazzler

mona05

Posted: 09 March 2013 at 2:41am | IP Logged
Rashi redemption ..no way...not until she realises ahow wrong , cruel she has been and truly repents for all her past sins...no...if she can openly in front of everybody accept all her wrong deeds and changes herself..then may be..
as said..she has cleverly asked Gopi to accept her and let her continue as she is...Gopi has warned that her actions should not hurt others...I wish gopi would include herself in this others...and stop putting up with anymore torture from Rashi..

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

cvdprasadswasthiyhm_crazeJustlikethat1pikiiichuuANJ4

Justlikethat1

IF-Sizzlerz

Justlikethat1

Posted: 09 March 2013 at 5:55am | IP Logged
What Gopi fails to understand is that Rashi is a crafty manipulator. If you see Swasthi, her bad cop routine with Gopi after the competition by insulting her of being not as beautiful or as smart as she, Rashi is, gave her no results. Gopi stood firm and she could not come to MM.
Rashi also knew that she could not stay in RN forever but she needed a way out. Her ego stopped her from coming to MM and accepting Gopi's conditions are they were. So the crafty girl that she is, Rashi switched to the good cop routine, pumping up Gopi about how Koki loves her and she is the adarsh bahu in the family etc., such that Gopi fails to see Rashi's true motive behind all this.

I really would like to know what Rashi promised in return for getting a clean slate? All she promised was to 'try' to make sure that others were not hurt. Does it not mean that she wants to continue lying and cheating but would reconsider doing that if there is a third party involved?Ouch What kind of deal is that?Dead

And to think that Gopi fell for itShocked But does that not what happens in reality Swasthi. It is the skill of every manager to use flattery as a method of deception. Rashi, is in all senses a study for an MBA studentLOL

But coming back to the topic, the redemption as such is not even done .1%.
1. Rashi has not accepted lying is bad
2. She has not accepted to give back all of Vansh's gifts
3. She has not accepted to say the truth in the future
4. She has not apologized for her vicious attitude after the competition.

No.. Rashi has gotten away, clean and clear and I do not believe that she even feels for her actions. Empty words and no results but the girl has gotten away againAngry

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

cvdprasadswasthiyhm_crazepikiiichuuANJ4

Xarina

IF-Sizzlerz

Xarina

Posted: 09 March 2013 at 6:32am | IP Logged
I am with Harini on this.  I cannot accept that Rashi has redeemed herself with just one single act.  More so to the point is that this is unlikely to bear the type of fruit that Gopi is hoping for.  We know that Rashi is adamant that she is not going to change.  In order to be redeemed you need to have some humility.  Something which is definitely lacking. Until Rashi faces up to her actions of the past, it will take her a million and one years to wash away one of her "sins" let alone the whole dictionary she has built up.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

cvdprasadyhm_crazeswasthiJustlikethat1pikiiichuuANJ4

yhm_craze

IF-Rockerz

yhm_craze

Posted: 09 March 2013 at 11:45am | IP Logged
Brilliant topic Swasthi! ClapClapClap and I love your reference to the Mahabharata Harini! ClapClapClap

see I will feel that Rashi's redemption has started...mind you I said just started if she goes in front of the Modis and confesses all her past and present sins and crimes (yes they cannot be considered mere mistakes)..the fact that she cleverly "requested" Gopi to simply let go and forget all that she has done so far means she is nowhere even close to redemption. Redemption begins with self realization. If she herself does not believe she is wrong then the question of redemption does not come up at all. Right now she sees Gopi as a competitor who is trying to hog the limelight with her goodness. Even in her "I will try to be better" speech, she again tried making Gopi feel guilty by pointing out that Koki loves Gopi more than her and she is less loved because of how adarsh Gopi isDead. I already see her on Monday cursing Koki and thinking of a kk to escape work. Earlier she had to pretend in front of the Modis that she was good at heart but now she will have to do that in front of Gopi too..I am very interested to know what Gopi will do once she realizes that Rashi has not changed..and she will realize for sure..the way CVs ended this track I am sure they will show Gopi forgive Rashi again AngryDead

Edited by dipsy80 - 09 March 2013 at 11:45am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

swasthiJustlikethat1pikiiichuuANJ4

Post Reply New Post

Go to top