Saraswatichandra

Frustration Thread: Unhappy with Storyline/Characters? Discuss HERE! (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 57

Nkapoor3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 11 March 2013 at 8:05am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

green_teaSiri22funkyliciousMadameX

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Frustration Thread: Unhappy with Storyline/Characters? Discuss HERE! (Page 3)" in Saraswatichandra forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Nkapoor3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 11 March 2013 at 8:09am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

WhiteNights.Siri22funkyliciousatominis

supriya.arshi

IF-Dazzler

supriya.arshi

Posted: 11 March 2013 at 8:29am | IP Logged
This girl needs better decent clothes...in front of Kumud...i can surely say her sister looks much pretties...Kumud looks shabby with tht uncombed hair nd dress...its bad!!!!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

WhiteNights.Siri22GodhuliLogonMadameX.x-bumblebee-x.PhoenixRising

supriya.arshi

IF-Dazzler

supriya.arshi

Posted: 11 March 2013 at 8:37am | IP Logged

MAIN thing - the lead actress please STOP being an amalgamation of Nandini and Paro of SLB's HDDCS and Devdas! -Stern Smile couldn agree more...its unbelievable the way she dresses...she looks shabby with the way she leaves her hair in front of her face...her sister is much prettier...This lead really needs to stop showin her bare body!!!!!

I don't know if the makers themselves are doing it or the novel had such situations. But this whole joint family set up, daughter being apple of father's eye, dreamy heroine, hero landing from foreign country, heroine walking around with her lehenga/dupatta/pallu in hands and trying to "sambhalo" it, heroine refusing to show her face to the hero, one or two cheeky/rude older females in hero/heroine's families etc. is so typical of SLB's HDDCS and Devdas! - so true...stop running...the world is not ending...nd i really don like the way she hold her self...her body language needs improvement...

Instead we just see romantic moments!

I want story and proper character sketch to be established before romance/attraction or reluctantly coming close etc. begins. Thumbs Up

And sorry to repeat myself but PLEASE DISTINGUISH it from SLB's own movies for GOD's SAKE! I don't want a "I think I've seen this somewhere before" feel while watching the show! -

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

green_teaWhiteNights.atominisrini_kat--Rose--.x-bumblebee-x.MadameX

MadameX

IF-Sizzlerz

MadameX

Posted: 11 March 2013 at 5:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by venture

I like this , as its easier to give OBJECTIVE criticism and not been scared and afraid of ardent fans to jump on you :) 
Thanks a lot. 
I feel after two weeks  that in order to make an EPIC , silly mistakes are being made, actors and director is trying too hard and thus it all feels fake. I don't think it's the novel , they have just taken the lead,s name and general theme of the novel as Saras in the novel and in the movie was a very suttle, humble person not an angry young man... But that's okey even if they changed the story it should not feel over. The sets are absolutely beautiful and there are technical bits which is commendable but I feel PERSONALY that the actors are either under playing or over playing there part.I really like the girl playing Kusum , she is very convincing in her role. Won't say anything about the lead as I would give them more time to grab the essence of there characters . 
At the end some people would love it and some would hate it and there would be some like me who would see something good and something not so good in it :) 

I definitely agree with you, Sheema. The thing about this show is that some things have potential for continuous watching like the tension between Saras and his father. But the actors are not living up to the expectations. Kumund is dressed so indecently, she is a complete egomaniac, and doesn't seem to have common sense. Comparatively, I found her sister Kusum wonderful in her expressions, dialogue, dialogue delivery, characterization, and dress sense. She is the kind of person I wish to see as a heroine of the show. I also feel like Jennifer and SLB are both trying too hard to bring the essence of Ashwariya by emulating her...however, Ashwariya is unique in her own charms...Jennifer would do better to create her own unique style rather than trying to mimic Ash's. 

As for Saras...I feel Gautam is so-so. Some parts he does a good job, some parts he doesn't (particularly when he tries too hard to act like an angry young man...super tight jaw clenching doesn't always have to be an expression of anger). Only in today's episode, I found Saras good...when he put Kumund in her own place gently and not childishly, showing how much mature he is. 

Another thing I didn't like about this show is how the story is moving with a barely present plot. SLB is making his characters do things for unreasonable reasons. Saras can't go against his father with marriage talks but he can go against him in business matters? Ridiculous. Kumund and her mom are too chicken to tell Kumund's dad that she got rejected...the dude looks super healthy, is he going to fold over and die from a rejection? D'ohKumund refuses to show her face because was offended by the rejection that has nothing to do with her personally? Please spare me the drama, you drama queen. Sleepy

Can SLB also stop making Kumund do these running sequences like Ashwariya? It gets boring the more she does it. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

fairycakeWhiteNights.Siri22atominisrini_kat

MadameX

IF-Sizzlerz

MadameX

Posted: 11 March 2013 at 5:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Skepblun

This is the first new show I started watching in years. Initially it was good. But now it seems like it's begun to drag or slacken a bit. Also, I feel some really hackneyed stuff is being shown to prove the hero as a good guy (saving the heroine's father or rescuing a boy from drowning).

MAIN thing - the lead actress please STOP being an amalgamation of Nandini and Paro of SLB's HDDCS and Devdas!

I don't know if the makers themselves are doing it or the novel had such situations. But this whole joint family set up, daughter being apple of father's eye, dreamy heroine, hero landing from foreign country, heroine walking around with her lehenga/dupatta/pallu in hands and trying to "sambhalo" it, heroine refusing to show her face to the hero, one or two cheeky/rude older females in hero/heroine's families etc. is so typical of SLB's HDDCS and Devdas!

As viewers we want to see something new and fresh. Not recycled stuff from movies. And I want originality in the heroine's get-up and portrayal. Otherwise the old film featuring Nutan would be sufficient for me to know and enjoy story of Saraswatichandra (it had BEAUTIFUL songs and Nutan ji was an effortless enchantress).

The hero is too stiff. He's good looking but statuesque. And is he confused? If he was into celibacy or even considering/studying that path, why is he attracted or curious about Kumud, that too, so soon? As a viewer, I feel his characterisation is not clear. I am not getting him and his personality, I am not able to form an idea of what the guy Saraswatichandra is about. I hope they flesh out his character properly too. Of late I've felt there's been more focus on heroine than the guy whose name this serial bears. I only see he doesn't get along well with dad and is devoted to his mom. What else? How did he become what he did? What's his thought process? Please unravel it too.

Instead we just see romantic moments!

I want story and proper character sketch to be established before romance/attraction or reluctantly coming close etc. begins.

And sorry to repeat myself but PLEASE DISTINGUISH it from SLB's own movies for GOD's SAKE! I don't want a "I think I've seen this somewhere before" feel while watching the show!

Thanks. Show seems to have lot of promise.

Clap Thank you for putting so eloquently into words all that I felt about this show. Clap

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

atominis

riyya6

IF-Stunnerz

riyya6

Posted: 11 March 2013 at 7:17pm | IP Logged

i just dun understand why SLB wanna make JW Aiswariya Rai... its too irritating... JW is a good actress i believe, let her perform... with her own style... Ouch it reminds of Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam... to much of it... What the difference here... I would prefer SLB to showcase something different not copy his movies... Ouch

when these two gonna meet... im tired with i dun want to show u my face, i want to see ur face... sach main...LOL

supriya.arshiSiri22atominisrini_kat

PhoenixRising

IF-Stunnerz

PhoenixRising

Posted: 11 March 2013 at 7:36pm | IP Logged
What have they done to Jennifer? And this is an expensive PH she was supposed to look better than her previous show than this she was so pretty as Dr. Riddhima in DMG her face was just perfect here she just looks so messy.   

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

fairycakeblueszsupriya.arshiPashnaSiri22atominisilovepyaar

Post Reply New Post

Go to top