Saraswatichandra

Frustration Thread: Unhappy with Storyline/Characters? Discuss HERE! (Page 27)

Post Reply New Post

Page 27 of 57

hotdogg

hotdogg

Posted: 27 April 2013 at 1:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Skepblun

Some of you recent contributors to this thread have really expressed all concerns about the show so well! Thanks for adding your voices! Clap

This show had so much potential and the original story sounds so brilliant. The old film made on this story is also nice.

But where's this show going?

I am happy that finally Dugba is acting as a bridge between SaMud and helping them both understand each other.

But I don't know why they only show her narrate stuff about Saras?! Why NO descriptive flashbacks?!

We have gazillions of eyelocks or shots of Guman, Dugba glaring at each other but no flashbacks for us viewers to know characters and their story better?!!! How slow will they move?! Shocked

Gautam's acting is so stupendous! Clap

But the show's CVs aren't doing justice either with the potential of the epic story they have or the talent pool of actors they have. Sorry.

I watch the show with increasing disaffection now that is I try not to take it seriously or think much about things shown nor do I expect anything anymore. It's slowly becoming another evening timepass. Sadly so...

VC's family is strange! Dugba keeps pushing Kumud towards Saras instead of handling Saras herself even as she knows he's most comfortable opening up to her than anyone else in the world! What for? CVs have done this just to show SaMud attractive scenes?!
And Kumari keeps meeting a policewala secretly but they are clueless?! Yash was also in bad company! For all their so called sanskar and tradition their kids are not on right track. And they as elders are blissfuly clueless!

And sorry but Sunny's arrival and he teaming with Kumud to get Saras to "melt" down is boring. It has nothing new to offer. We've seen such stuff many times.

Rather I dislike the pressure they are putting on an introvert guy to zabardasti make him open up! (I am also introverted in real life. And I'd hate it if my best friend whom I confide in everything, teams up with someone else to make me behave in a certain way!)

As a viewer I am sick of this "Mujhse door raho" and "Doori kya?" changing stances of Kumud!

This game is nice to watch but only for some time. If stretched too much it ceases to be romantic or fun!

@skepblun...there are many posts on this forum where people have commented, analysed most of the actions of the characters...and the overall support trend for the show & characters is positive...most agree that this show is making us think & ponder...and there is great depth as each episode gets telecast...and the beauty of the characters is they act and behave like characters which are very similar to what you get (at least) in the real world anyway...

suggest you go through some of these posts...and if you still dislike it so much because character actions / behaviour go against your biases/ preconcieved notions  (not to worry ...everyone has a few )...or you are used to a very linear / stereotypical / 'hands-free' easy narrative like in most other serials because of which this show challenging your biases is becoming difficult to reconcile...or you don't feel it doing anything constructive suggest you stop watching and take the pressure off yourself...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Frustration Thread: Unhappy with Storyline/Characters? Discuss HERE! (Page 27)" in Saraswatichandra forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

atominis

IF-Rockerz

atominis

Posted: 28 April 2013 at 8:12am | IP Logged
@Hotdogg

My dear kindly avoid giving me these hot headed and preachy responses.

I am also one of those members who had written long posts in appreciation of characters, their depth, the artistry in camerawork and display of emotions through actions without words etc. You are welcome to sieve through past pages of this forum to see what I used to write in praise of this show and what analysis I used to do of each moment in the show!

I am not a perpetual hater! Nor am I some viewer who cannot understand non linear narrative!

Who are you to accuse me of having any bias? Rather I can turn around and say I want to watch the proper story than a mere love story or romance!

I do not find same quality in episodes of late that I used to find earlier. And I think I have every right to express myself if I want to.

In fact this kind of fanatical reaction was something I was fearing this is why since last few days I had stopped commenting in this forum.

This time I just agreed to POV of some others and commented in support of them and here I get exactly what I had feared!

I am SICK of explaining myself!

I think we write here as viewers and also thinking that CVs of the show probably have a look at forums to gauge all kinds of viewer responses.

We do not write here just to praise blindly! Is it a fan club?!

It's neither a hate club.

BTW I request you to come up with proper answers and counter arguments instead of speculating about mentality of other viewers or giving that hackneyed instruction to stop watching the show!!!

I thought this forum was sensible. But it seems it's all about fans and fans perceiving others as haters!

SORRY! I am NOT interested in this US vs THEM game!

Whether I should watch the show or not is MY OWN decision. NO ONE can advise or instruct me!!

Are you a moderator? Producer or CV of the show? That you're indulging his kind of policing?

We write in Critics thread as concerned viewers of a show which we felt had a lot of potential. We do not write here to deliberately bash the show or attack it!

This is THE LAST POST from ME in this increasingly intolerant forum.

I'd refrained from commenting earlier, I'll stay away in future.

I won't post even if I love something in this show!

Last word darling! I was such a fan of this show that I used to watch it four times a day with all its original and repeat telecasts on both DD and SP. I feel NO PRESSURE in watching this show that you advised me to relieve myself of "pressure" of watching it! UNDERSTAND?!

I appreciate your fanism for the show but dear better rein it in while replying to others in the forum in case they happen to feel disappointed with something shown in the serial!

Thank YOU!
I bow OUT.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

green_teabeintehaaZaYamandygillSiri22LazyLad14

LazyLad14

IF-Dazzler

LazyLad14

Posted: 28 April 2013 at 11:13am | IP Logged
@ skepblun...hey u r amazing...i hav read  ur posts.so far...even i'm addicted to this show...n hav became a loyal fan too...but plz dont leave this discussion thread or forum. i request..ur actully putting nice  pov...which comes n  my mind too...so keep it up...n keep disscussion alive...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

green_tea

dnlog

dnlog

Posted: 28 April 2013 at 12:20pm | IP Logged
@skepblun please dont leave . iam sure there r many of ua whose point of view matches with u .

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

green_teaLazyLad14

atominis

IF-Rockerz

atominis

Posted: 28 April 2013 at 2:39pm | IP Logged
Sorry. It is not about someone's POV matching with mine or not. It's about making assumptions about others, thinking they don't understand certain aspects of the show or are haters and giving this free, unasked for advice to stop watching a show.

Is this thread for viewers to express their genuine concerns or for fanatics to look in, identify and corner those who they perceive as attacking the show and their favourite characters?

Why should we have to explain ourselves, clarify and still be subjected to outlandish assumptions or abrupt note to stop watching the show?!

Anyway, I responded only to you both. I can't participate in this forum for such things also spoil experience of watching the show. You watch the show but get reminded of some unpleasant experience of discussing it online and it spoils the present viewing experience. I do not want that to happen.

It's better to watch a show as a show only and leave it at that instead of attracting attention of fans by posting about it online. I got nervous even when members strongly responded to threads I wrote in praise of the show. It's evident that if response to praise is so strong (filled with compliments and appreciation) then it's likely that words in criticism will get equally strong and opposite reactions.

I am not interested in dealing with such extreme reactions as it's tiresome for me.

Waise bhi humein bol ke kya lena hai? It's not Parliament where we are debating crucial bills! So I am better off without posting here. Certainly better than quitting the show as a viewer!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Wishes-mandygillSiri22LazyLad14

veera25

IF-Rockerz

veera25

Posted: 28 April 2013 at 10:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Skepblun

@Hotdogg

My dear kindly avoid giving me these hot headed and preachy responses.

I am also one of those members who had written long posts in appreciation of characters, their depth, the artistry in camerawork and display of emotions through actions without words etc. You are welcome to sieve through past pages of this forum to see what I used to write in praise of this show and what analysis I used to do of each moment in the show!

I am not a perpetual hater! Nor am I some viewer who cannot understand non linear narrative!

Who are you to accuse me of having any bias? Rather I can turn around and say I want to watch the proper story than a mere love story or romance!

I do not find same quality in episodes of late that I used to find earlier. And I think I have every right to express myself if I want to.

In fact this kind of fanatical reaction was something I was fearing this is why since last few days I had stopped commenting in this forum.

This time I just agreed to POV of some others and commented in support of them and here I get exactly what I had feared!

I am SICK of explaining myself!

I think we write here as viewers and also thinking that CVs of the show probably have a look at forums to gauge all kinds of viewer responses.

We do not write here just to praise blindly! Is it a fan club?!

It's neither a hate club.

BTW I request you to come up with proper answers and counter arguments instead of speculating about mentality of other viewers or giving that hackneyed instruction to stop watching the show!!!

I thought this forum was sensible. But it seems it's all about fans and fans perceiving others as haters!

SORRY! I am NOT interested in this US vs THEM game!

Whether I should watch the show or not is MY OWN decision. NO ONE can advise or instruct me!!

Are you a moderator? Producer or CV of the show? That you're indulging his kind of policing?

We write in Critics thread as concerned viewers of a show which we felt had a lot of potential. We do not write here to deliberately bash the show or attack it!

This is THE LAST POST from ME in this increasingly intolerant forum.

I'd refrained from commenting earlier, I'll stay away in future.

I won't post even if I love something in this show!

Last word darling! I was such a fan of this show that I used to watch it four times a day with all its original and repeat telecasts on both DD and SP. I feel NO PRESSURE in watching this show that you advised me to relieve myself of "pressure" of watching it! UNDERSTAND?!

I appreciate your fanism for the show but dear better rein it in while replying to others in the forum in case they happen to feel disappointed with something shown in the serial!

Thank YOU!
I bow OUT.

Skepblun, the fact that you're actually using the frustration thread unlike many users, and sharing your point of view in a respectful manner is commendable enough on its own for a standing ovation.

Please don't leave this forum. I am, in large, a silent reader of your posts and thoroughly enjoy your points of view. This is a tv show, and there are bound to be disagreements. Don't worry about what other people say, because you're doing your own thing without charging at anyone with sharp words. So don't worry about what others say, dear! Keep doing your thing! Embarrassed

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

green_teahappychappyLazyLad14Siri22atominis-B.N.K-

QuietlyLoud

IF-Dazzler

QuietlyLoud

Posted: 30 April 2013 at 12:42am | IP Logged
why are they rushing through scenes?D'oh 

Edited by Nala - 13 May 2013 at 11:40pm

-Srushti-

Viewbie

-Srushti-

Posted: 14 June 2013 at 1:16am | IP Logged
Sorry Guys..did not read your messages ...Am bumping the thread on the first page...
Please pour out here...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Infofan-B.N.K-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top