Saraswatichandra

Frustration Thread: Unhappy with Storyline/Characters? Discuss HERE! (Page 26)

Post Reply New Post

Page 26 of 57

gautamrodekhan

gautamrodekhan

Posted: 25 April 2013 at 4:20pm | IP Logged
I started watching the show as m out n out a gautam rode fan, but i found out that it had other pleasant surprises for me, like the great chemistry between Gautam Rode-Jennifer Winget, and that amazing title song, apart from overall ommendable direction and set-up, and the star cast could not have been better than this.  However, while Gautam's acting is FLAWLESS, what bugs me is that his character has been portrayed way unrealistically in some scenes, for example there's no way one would be such an idiot as to stop short of engaging and loving a girl whom not only he loves, but even she loves, so reciprocal love. Jennifer though I didn't know her before this, as I have not watched a soap for 12 freaking years, but overall she does a good job! 

And though people are complaining about costume, I think its ok. A bit unrealistic(though albeit beautiful) costume for Kumud, but nevertheless, you don't have to take everything to heart, after all its reel only, so may be we can cut them slack. 

And those who're saying Jennifer looked better anywhere than this show, I would disagree completely. In fact Jennifer has not looked even close to this beautiful anywhere in either reel or real life, and she wears way pathetic costume in real life than she wears in this show Saraswatichandra.

Another inexplicable flaw is that it is being portrayed as if the rejection of proposal has alrready happened, and still Lakshminandan Vyas knows nothing and no reaction from him. I mean, are they kidding me! Confused

Moreover, I disagree with whoever says that there is too much romance being shown, to be honest romance has not even started and its mostly fighting between Samud, but still the show is amazing and one of its kind, and the best and most passionate love story I ever saw(And I have really seen many), though it is not flawless and can improve astronomically by showing real romance and acceptance between Saras and Kumud, then the viewers will kick off with full force to watch it. Nothing will please me more than this show shooting right to the top and my guy Gautam Rode winning award for this! Big smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

LazyLad14_celestial_atominis

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Frustration Thread: Unhappy with Storyline/Characters? Discuss HERE! (Page 26)" in Saraswatichandra forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

gautamrodekhan

gautamrodekhan

Posted: 25 April 2013 at 4:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Skepblun

@NKapoor3

Thank you for your answers. But I feel SC team has to properly SHOW all this via flashbacks instead of making it just "apparent" with squabbles between the characters.

Also if Guman is such a witch and it is she and her sister who virtually control the household and now also they have seen what intentions she has and what all she is doing to hurt Kumud why the keenness (now on Dugba's part) to get her married to Saras?

Saras might be good. But we know that a girl doesn't just marry a boy it is a bond between two families and the girl has to change her family (most of the times). So why they want her to be sent to that hell? Or regret break up of that rishta?

Don't they know that a girl needs a good family also and not just a good boy to spend her life with?

Or if the keenness is there then why is Dugba so egotistic in front of Guman? Why doesn't the entire family behave well with Guman if they know she is the MIL to be for their daughter if she marries Saras and some respect between each other has to be there? Why carry on the enmity and still expect her to not bother their daughter (and Saras) if the rishta is to be there?! How do they expect SaMud to live happily after marriage if they carry enmity with Guman still and refuse to bury the hatchet with her (esp. Dugba)?
Sorry to say but even the adults' behaviour in this show is confusing!

What does Dugba think? That Saras will always be at home to take care of Kumud from Guman? Or that SaMud will leave their home and settle away from Guman if they marry?

Or is it that according to the novel the friends VC and LN promised or vowed to get their kids married once they grow up?! (Possible in that era for such silly vows to have been exchanged!)

The SC story and behaviour of characters is not unfolding as smoothly as it should. It comes like a splash with drops all over! You can keep ruminating about it as much as you want and struggle to make complete, cohesive sense of it all!

They are just showing conflicts and drama without descriptively showing viewers why people behave the way they do in this show!

INCREDIBLE POST!!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

atominis

gautamrodekhan

gautamrodekhan

Posted: 25 April 2013 at 4:46pm | IP Logged
And yeah, the questions like why a respectable family would allow theit daughter to go with a guy outside, especially when he's rejected the proposal, that's inexplicable really. Confused

And the reason why Saras is afraid of marring kumud could not have been more unrealistic! I mean, saying no and being rude constantly to a girl with whom you share mutual love just becuase of fear of losing is so weird idea, hard to accept this!

As I've posted thrice here, let me be not construed as a SC hater, as I myself know how passionate and obsessed I am about Saraswatichandra and how much I want its super success, and that of Gautam Rode! I don't care about any other television show or actor, take it granted! Smile

atominis

BaraniK

Goldie

BaraniK

Posted: 25 April 2013 at 8:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Siri22

Originally posted by pehlibaar

I am so frustrated with half the episodes being spent on Saras and Kumud looking at each other, there is hardly and substance to the episodes!

Couldn't agree more.

I liked the Mon and Tues epi but yday epi and today epi eyelocks are getting a lil too much. Actually Saras friend coming to Kumud's house is a relief. 

Hopefully the story will move forward a bit. Sigh.

Hoping The Same.Honestly It Was Quiet Boring Episodes .

atominis

..Rish..

IF-Sizzlerz

..Rish..

Posted: 25 April 2013 at 11:05pm | IP Logged
When will their love story start ???! 2 months over !! CV'S pleaaase !!!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

gautamrodekhan_celestial_atominisNkapoor3

_celestial_

IF-Rockerz

_celestial_

Posted: 26 April 2013 at 2:12am | IP Logged
Saras tells Kumud that he likes 2 live alone. Then y is he staying there? No meaning at all. When Kumud comes near him, he likes it. But forces himself 2 keep away from her. Is he mad?
Now Sunny also came. Really what is the story? At one side is Samud's love, then Guman's anger, badi ma's love, Yash's anger... it's too much. After all his dad don't know anythig abt what's happening there. Nw what 'll be his reaction?  Totally confusing track.

gautamrodekhangreen_teaBaraniKatominis

myviewprem

IF-Dazzler

myviewprem

Posted: 26 April 2013 at 6:07pm | IP Logged
I do not usually watch TV beacuuse shows ae cliched and predictable. But i started watching SC because of SLB and GR and story. I had seen GR anchor and wanted to see him act whether he was capable. I already know entire story but as SC unfolded the writers are messing it up. It was better they had followed original story rather than mess up the characters

1) I do not understand why first Kumud and than VC are telling SC to stay back in their house after he has rejected Kumud long back?
2) I do not understand why a person like SC will come all the way from Dubai to Rtanagiri just to tell VC he has rejected his daughter when phone is there?
3) Why every time Kumud tells him to stay off but hides and awatches him and has tears when he tells he will leave and stops him somehow?
4) Why an educated person like SC accepted punishment for Gau hatya- what a ridiculous punishment that was? Instead he could have done social service to do penance?
5) Why VC and Kumud allowed him to take punishment on behalf of Yash, isn't he a guest? They are all treating him like son-in-law
6) Why kusum and kumari call him jijaji although he has refused to marry kumud
7) Why SC staying in VC house although his grandparents and relatives stay in ratnagiri?
8) Why all of saras family slowly shifting to VC house sunny, guman, her sister, VC only danny and LNV remain now
9) Why LNV not informed of saras rejection by VC or Guman or saras? LNV has no respect as Head of family?
10) Why village family like VC pushing Kumud and SC closer when he has refused marriage? Which decent respectable family will do that
11) Why SC staying in VC house after rejecting Kumud, his work is done right?
12) Guman is SC mom and LNV wife all life no matter what anyone thinks.Dukhba can never be his mother only temproary. So why fight with her so much and humiliate her?

Many tracks have no logic at all. And Saras is angry with Guman because his mom committed suicide? Its LNV fault he is married to Saraswati not Guman's. And yes she does misbehave with him. But i know in many families where there are 2-3 siblings one is given preferential treatment while others are not especially girl children in india. So do those kids hate their mother-father? Not really, favouratism is part of life in house, work place, society everywhere. Isn't SC given exception treatment in VC house because he is from dubai and rich?  

Edited by myviewprem - 26 April 2013 at 6:12pm

green_teaSiri22_celestial_atominis

atominis

IF-Sizzlerz

atominis

Posted: 27 April 2013 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
Some of you recent contributors to this thread have really expressed all concerns about the show so well! Thanks for adding your voices! Clap

This show had so much potential and the original story sounds so brilliant. The old film made on this story is also nice.

But where's this show going?

I am happy that finally Dugba is acting as a bridge between SaMud and helping them both understand each other.

But I don't know why they only show her narrate stuff about Saras?! Why NO descriptive flashbacks?!

We have gazillions of eyelocks or shots of Guman, Dugba glaring at each other but no flashbacks for us viewers to know characters and their story better?!!! How slow will they move?! Shocked

Gautam's acting is so stupendous! Clap

But the show's CVs aren't doing justice either with the potential of the epic story they have or the talent pool of actors they have. Sorry.

I watch the show with increasing disaffection now that is I try not to take it seriously or think much about things shown nor do I expect anything anymore. It's slowly becoming another evening timepass. Sadly so...

VC's family is strange! Dugba keeps pushing Kumud towards Saras instead of handling Saras herself even as she knows he's most comfortable opening up to her than anyone else in the world! What for? CVs have done this just to show SaMud attractive scenes?!
And Kumari keeps meeting a policewala secretly but they are clueless?! Yash was also in bad company! For all their so called sanskar and tradition their kids are not on right track. And they as elders are blissfuly clueless!

And sorry but Sunny's arrival and he teaming with Kumud to get Saras to "melt" down is boring. It has nothing new to offer. We've seen such stuff many times.

Rather I dislike the pressure they are putting on an introvert guy to zabardasti make him open up! (I am also introverted in real life. And I'd hate it if my best friend whom I confide in everything, teams up with someone else to make me behave in a certain way!)

As a viewer I am sick of this "Mujhse door raho" and "Doori kya?" changing stances of Kumud!

This game is nice to watch but only for some time. If stretched too much it ceases to be romantic or fun!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

dnloggreen_teaLazyLad14Siri22Jammy-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top