Saraswatichandra

Frustration Thread: Unhappy with Storyline/Characters? Discuss HERE! (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 57

Page 1
Page   of 57
Page 3 Page 57

venture

IF-Rockerz

venture

Posted: 09 March 2013 at 6:36am | IP Logged
I like this , as its easier to give OBJECTIVE criticism and not been scared and afraid of ardent fans to jump on you :) 
Thanks a lot. 
I feel after two weeks  that in order to make an EPIC , silly mistakes are being made, actors and director is trying too hard and thus it all feels fake. I don't think it's the novel , they have just taken the lead,s name and general theme of the novel as Saras in the novel and in the movie was a very suttle, humble person not an angry young man... But that's okey even if they changed the story it should not feel over. The sets are absolutely beautiful and there are technical bits which is commendable but I feel PERSONALY that the actors are either under playing or over playing there part.I really like the girl playing Kusum , she is very convincing in her role. Won't say anything about the lead as I would give them more time to grab the essence of there characters . 
At the end some people would love it and some would hate it and there would be some like me who would see something good and something not so good in it :) 

Edited by venture - 09 March 2013 at 6:38am

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

Tinker_belltinker123gautamrodekhanprinks75ddkingbluesz-Swetha-mayuri099Siri22LauraVIPsupriya.arshirini_kat.x-bumblebee-x.-Rojaa-MadameXatominisPhoenixRising

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Frustration Thread: Unhappy with Storyline/Characters? Discuss HERE! (Page 2)" in Saraswatichandra forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

atominis

IF-Sizzlerz

atominis

Posted: 10 March 2013 at 9:54am | IP Logged
This is the first new show I started watching in years. Initially it was good. But now it seems like it's begun to drag or slacken a bit. Also, I feel some really hackneyed stuff is being shown to prove the hero as a good guy (saving the heroine's father or rescuing a boy from drowning).

MAIN thing - the lead actress please STOP being an amalgamation of Nandini and Paro of SLB's HDDCS and Devdas!

I don't know if the makers themselves are doing it or the novel had such situations. But this whole joint family set up, daughter being apple of father's eye, dreamy heroine, hero landing from foreign country, heroine walking around with her lehenga/dupatta/pallu in hands and trying to "sambhalo" it, heroine refusing to show her face to the hero, one or two cheeky/rude older females in hero/heroine's families etc. is so typical of SLB's HDDCS and Devdas!

As viewers we want to see something new and fresh. Not recycled stuff from movies. And I want originality in the heroine's get-up and portrayal. Otherwise the old film featuring Nutan would be sufficient for me to know and enjoy story of Saraswatichandra (it had BEAUTIFUL songs and Nutan ji was an effortless enchantress).

The hero is too stiff. He's good looking but statuesque. And is he confused? If he was into celibacy or even considering/studying that path, why is he attracted or curious about Kumud, that too, so soon? As a viewer, I feel his characterisation is not clear. I am not getting him and his personality, I am not able to form an idea of what the guy Saraswatichandra is about. I hope they flesh out his character properly too. Of late I've felt there's been more focus on heroine than the guy whose name this serial bears. I only see he doesn't get along well with dad and is devoted to his mom. What else? How did he become what he did? What's his thought process? Please unravel it too.

Instead we just see romantic moments!

I want story and proper character sketch to be established before romance/attraction or reluctantly coming close etc. begins.

And sorry to repeat myself but PLEASE DISTINGUISH it from SLB's own movies for GOD's SAKE! I don't want a "I think I've seen this somewhere before" feel while watching the show!

Thanks. Show seems to have lot of promise.

The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:

Tinker_belltinker123fairycakeddkingMahabhootnibluesz-Swetha-mayuri099blackdice1001PashnaSiri22supriya.arshiLauraVIPMentalExoticarini_kat.Sad.But.True.MadameXfunkyliciousshillu.arshikavya.b

Tarantallegra

IF-Stunnerz

Tarantallegra

Posted: 10 March 2013 at 10:06am | IP Logged
Thanks for opening this thread
Finally somewhere we can rant out frustration on

shillu.arshi

IF-Sizzlerz

shillu.arshi

Posted: 10 March 2013 at 4:23pm | IP Logged
as in I m Indian tht much of exposing in villages r not at all accepted...

this type of exposing is accepted in movies but not in serials...

yup few times jenny is not up to mark

n gautam rode is looking younger than jenny...

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Tinker_bellsunitaganguly-Swetha-supriya.arshiPashna_celestial_funkyliciousGodhuliLogon

Pashna

IF-Dazzler

Pashna

Posted: 11 March 2013 at 12:13am | IP Logged
I think the BG music is too melodramatic and totally unnecessary at times. Jenny needs to work on dialogue delivery and kumud's cloths r quite revealing for a conservative gujju girl who is not from a city. I agree with some of you hear, they should stop making her look like nandini from Hum dil de chuke sanamConfused it's so not new or fresh.
The show is good and definitely better then other shows but needs some improvement.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-MadameXatominis

ddking

Groupbie

ddking

Posted: 11 March 2013 at 12:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Skepblun

Also, I feel some really hackneyed stuff is being shown to prove the hero as a good guy (saving the heroine's father or rescuing a boy from drowning).

is so typical of SLB's HDDCS and Devdas! As viewers we want to see something new and fresh. 

What else? How did he become what he did? What's his thought process? Please unravel it too.

I want story and proper character sketch to be established before romance/attraction or reluctantly coming close etc. begins. 

And sorry to repeat myself but PLEASE DISTINGUISH it from SLB's own movies for GOD's SAKE! I don't want a "I think I've seen this somewhere before" feel while watching the show!

Thanks. Show seems to have lot of promise.

I agree with the above points... 
I have some comments.. I think Indian TV is still backward.. here hero is worth drooling over and you are meant to connect with the heroine as majority of the viewers at this time slot would be married women.. So we see the hero doing stunts and women are meant to be grateful..

I agree with ntn new and fresh take on the serial.. But what can SLB do.. its spending 10 lakhs per episode.. can he really change from the trodden path of conventional serials.. HAHA it seems every1 is now sick and tired of the same scenes in almost every serial these days.. 

Proper character sketch of SC seems good but you just described months of serial story.. If they are thinking long term.. which I bet they are .. flashback mode seems likely to go on for months later on.. 

SLB's first venture.. - They are not experimenting just to be on safe side I think.. So no Freshness.. 

Personally if they continue to show what they did, I wont be too interested.. Just my opinion..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-atominis

atominis

IF-Sizzlerz

atominis

Posted: 11 March 2013 at 6:32am | IP Logged
@ddking

I agree with you. But all I want is that focus on the male lead and his psyche should also be there side by side. I want some balance instead of whole episodes gone in romantic moments. MAIN thing I want it to be different from SLB's movies. I still doubt if some stuff he's showing was actually there in the novel or not, because it seemed to be HDDCS and Devdas all over again to me.

I understand they want to bait their target audience. But we also need something solid and fresh. No compromise on content.

Oh and as some people pointed out, the BGM can get too loud and even jarring at times. This is a TV show and not a film. So I hope they tone it down a bit too.

It's not a bad show and story seems to have a lot of potential. In last few years I haven't even bothered to give any new show a look. This one seemed to have something to it so I gave it a try and even my family seems to like it. I just want it to turn out really well and unique, which I hope it does.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

praavarini_katMadameX

Jammy-

IF-Dazzler

Jammy-

Posted: 11 March 2013 at 7:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Skepblun

@ddking

I agree with you. But all I want is that focus on the male lead and his psyche should also be there side by side. I want some balance instead of whole episodes gone in romantic moments. MAIN thing I want it to be different from SLB's movies. I still doubt if some stuff he's showing was actually there in the novel or not, because it seemed to be HDDCS and Devdas all over again to me.

I understand they want to bait their target audience. But we also need something solid and fresh. No compromise on content.

Oh and as some people pointed out, the BGM can get too loud and even jarring at times. This is a TV show and not a film. So I hope they tone it down a bit too.

It's not a bad show and story seems to have a lot of potential. In last few years I haven't even bothered to give any new show a look. This one seemed to have something to it so I gave it a try and even my family seems to like it. I just want it to turn out really well and unique, which I hope it does.

Hello there.
Sorry to butt in.

I agree that they should focus more on the male lead, no arguments there. I, too, cannot connect with him at times because I don't really have much information about him. He hardly speaks.

As for the reference to HDDCS and Devdas, I believe that Nandani is a copy of Kumud, for a simple reason that the novel was written way before HDDCS. I have been forced to read the plot because of all the comparisons post.

There was an interview, in which Gautam was asked about the similarities between the show/novel and the movie and the guy straightway denied it. He said we were just told about the characteristics about Kumud and Saras. He says the base of the character is same.

But yes, I agree there is no fresh approach to atleast Kumud's character.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Sanaya.Barunatominis

Post Reply New Post

Go to top