Episode 214 Discussion: 8th March 2013

0-SD-0 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Episode 214 Discussion: 8th March 2013

Welcome to the Episode discussion thread which we call as Viewer's and Reader's Respite.  That's very apt, don't you think ? πŸ˜‰. And that proves our objective.

Objective behind the thread is 
  1. It helps in keeping the forum clean without much litter. People just need to fall in a habit.
  2. We can have it like breathers at first followed by analysis. 
  3. It also helps like-minded souls and pals bond and gel together to drop in their thoughts for themselves as breathers and for their friends as a peep into the episode and for others to post their reviews. 
  4. And those from different time-zones, who do not get to watch the episode at this time of telecast (Indian 8:30 PM), without any worry to trace or keep track of all their buddy's posts, they can come here, read with leisure and later post their analysis after watching it from their Time zones. 
  5. Do not litter the thread with chit-chat conversations. A little is permitted to have the friendly atmosphere, but when you feel like chatting more, it is desired you take your conversation with your buddies to alternate venues like chat clubs, pm mode etc.
  6. Quoting Policy: It is desired that people refrain from single, double, triple and multiple quoting of posts on a repetitive basis. They can pick out the parts that they like to quote as opposed to quoting the entire post. It is often seen that we have  to scroll through the pages when all they have done is quoting and more quoting with one line response to the actual post. IF has a rule that more than three times quoting is not allowed. But nowadays as people read IF posts over phone, it is preferred that people do not quote longer posts and just extract the portions of the post that they like to respond to and if they still find it relevant to their thought process then get the entire quoted text.

For those who cannot watch can have the Live/Written Updates.
Today's LU from : Armu4eva
  • There are various other threads all over the forum. Please check out those as well. This is just one choice out of so many.
  • Readers are encouraged to post links of other members posts which had been "delightful read" towards analysis of episodic event/s or character analysis. It becomes an easy navigation in the myriad of posts and pages and can easily be overlooked.
  • The link to present day ED thread is always provided in the previous one discussed.Those who participated in previous thread can go to my posts and check the previous thread to get access to new link. 

Cheers,
SD
Edited by 0-SD-0 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

0-SD-0 thumbnail
Episode 214 Discussion - EOD Summary

Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster - Sultan drops Madhu at Chawl Gate. Chawl Drama of Feb 11th Reversed - Madhu gives it back to RK. 

Events of the Episode
  1. Tujhe Bhula Diya song for Rishbala...specifically for RK that he has to forget Madhu as nothing can hold him now to her..but the memories remain to torment him.
  2. Sultan unimpressed with his son Aryan and Madhu for disobeying his orders. Asks Aryan to repeat his order. Aryan repeats that he was supposed to sleep alone. When Madhu tries to lecture him on the right ways of parenting, Sultan blindfolds her as he has decided to send her off from his home. We are revealed about this by Aryan who comforts Madhu and tells her that Sultan will drop her at her home.
  3. Sultan's right hand/servant informs Sultan that she is RK's Biwi. Sultan drops Madhu at Chawlgate , but not before watching RK patrolling in the chawlyard, and warning Madhu that she is not to tell anyone what transpired last night lest herself and her husband RK might die.
  4. Chawl Drama of Feb 11th Reversed - Madhu gives it back to RK. Mind it, its Private Screening for RK and Audience only. But Radhaji watched it slyly.  Circle completed. Madhu rejected RK before Radhaji like RK rejected Madhu before Padmini. What goes around comes around. Pvt Screening was specifically chosen by Madhu. She could have made it Family screening, but she did not. 
  5. Madhu lies about her Self Lost and Found drama from Jungle to Chawl to Padmini and Trishna. Her face is looking mighty sad for her lying to them probably or could also be the fact that she just accomplished with RK what she had been deliberating for a while...to reject his attention and to remind him he is no one to her, but a Superstar over a Cardboard . Sultan did help her decide at least one thing with his threat, that she has to distance RK from herself. Episode ends

Episode Reviews
Page 1 - Angeena, Charu, bcbs_srk, vkk2429, Sima14
Page 2 - MarathiMulgi, ennishet, Gurtiluv
Page 3 - anastasia21, Soundarya22, pnars
Page 4 - Ananya05, amrithas, minu_8
Page 5 - zoya_naziya, Charu
Page 6 - sadumaneet
Page 7 - kt25
Page 9 - river123
Page 11 - Opti
Page 12 - SD
Page 13 - 4EVRoptimist

VM Links - by Charu.

Funny Commentary

Originally posted by: undisclosed

so we had 3 new characters added to the story...but there can always be more...brace yourselves!

Originally posted by: undisclosed

Madhu to RK...πŸ‘

Pictorial Commentary
Tujhe Bhula Diya Song

Sultan unimpressed by his son's act and Madhu cuddling his son.

The Yapping, The Blindfolding and The Comforting

Sultan drops Madhu at Chawl Gate.

The pangs, The tug of two hearts.

Originally posted by: zorica

With style and attitude! πŸ‘

Madhu dumps RK

By SD
WOW !! when you do not watch the episode and you see these posters, its like enticement towards the movie. πŸ˜ƒ πŸ‘ Impressed. I was like after reading the review, whats there to see...but that darkness !!! it pulls me now...

Wow!!! Liked the dark colors (the night light) of the all the three posters so far. The scenery is so different from regular soaps like SSK (which is all bright white - stark)...DBAH (this has good set for the house and surrounding street - like lighting and ambience- the night scenes used to be beautiful),  BV (is good with the sets and scenery around, but they shoot in too much white light). In MEIEJ, they shoot with night on over their FilmCity set or indoor sets, and I like this very much...takes away the soapy feeling of being stuck in the living rooms.

By Priya
@Zorica - You are on a roll today πŸ˜ƒ. All of your posters are brilliant as usual. Loved 'em all. Keep it coming. The last poster with Madhu and Sultan is clearly an interesting one
 where we get to see Sultan with his I don't care who you are married to and how big your husband is look. I like AR and am eagerly waiting for AR/RK face off just like @Shri when that happens πŸ˜†.

Originally posted by: zorica

Charu,
this is for you! 
And thanks for the VM.

0-SD-0 thumbnail
News

• TRP breakdown and analysis for Week 9- 25th Feb to 2nd Mar 2013 - updated.

• Self-advisory Note to all kind of PHANGURLs - Page 10, 12 -15
  1. fans of MEIEJ drama
  2. fans of Madhu
  3. fans of RK
  4. fans of Sultan
  5. fans of Rishbala
  6. fans of Aryanbala
  7. fans of any other Balaas

• My thanks to the Active supporting members who have expressed their thoughts on this. Pages 12 to 15 hold their posts. They are:
Charu, zoya_naziya, Ananya05, sadumaneet, Cutieee1992,CHAKKU_DAAYAN, apolloartemis,  Soundarya22

• Passive Supporters
shanmanju,  guapa,  vkk2429,  armummy,  Angeena,  zorica,   amrithas,  kt25,  anastasia21,   babi01,   _shals_, mona1986,  pnars,  desigrl414,  swapna555,  FazzyBoom,  Gurtiluv,  

And note to Idealists and romantics.
The thread is a mix of realists, cynics, romantics and humorists.
  • It is given that idealism when worshipped becomes romantic and when criticized becomes satire. 
  • It is given that Cynicism when worshipped becomes bitter and when criticized becomes humour and laughter.
  • Realism is mix of everything and more balanced approach. 

The drama presents us with an Idealist Heroine and there is a Cynical Hero.
  • And accordingly the responses come as appropriate by the poster's sense of approach towards his/her review. 
  • No one is out here to bash anyone and we see things as they are. 
  • On days when realists and humorists dominate the thead in context of the episode material, it cannot be construed as skewed or erratic judgmental posting against the romantic-ideal approach of viewing things.
  • Also there is a great tendency to like realistic characters as against purely idealist and cynical characters. So in the end traits are the underlying factors that draw attention of the reviewer.

Originally posted by: 0-SD-0

Thank you. Actually I like bright colors. And Contrasting combinations. Can be experimenting as well. That combination of red+green +black ...yummy. πŸ€—

Angeena thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Deft editing of the song Tujhe Bhula Diya by the CVs. They made sure to keep the "phir kyon teri yadoon ne mujhe rula diya" for the end. Perfect expressions by both the leads. πŸ‘

Sultan is angry with Aryan for accepting Madhu's comfort. Aryan is terrified of him. Though, during the song, it seemed to me that Madhu was using Aryan as comfort, like hugging a teddy bear. Sultan doesn't say much in front of Madhu, obviously a firm believer of the fact that family matters should be between family. Sultan then blindfolds Madhu to take her back home. The housekeeper managed to get her address, without knowing her name or asking her. He did refer to Madhu as RK's wife though. Sultan's reaction to finding out this fact .. πŸ€”

Aryan was telling Madhu to stay calm and later when Madhu and Sultan leave, he appeared sad. So bond created. 

Sultan drops of Madhu at the chawl, after warning her not to say anything. I must say I'm disappointed. Not by the scene, but by the fact that there was no face to face confrontation of RK and Sultan. He called RK 'bada aadmi' .. He was referring to RK's fame. Didn't see anything to suggest a previous relation. But again, I could be wrong. Madhu's reaction to hearing 'pati' --> RK. She was, in that moment, thankful that RK is nearby.

Madhu then supremely ignores RK. As per her character. Everyone is happy to see Madhu back. But Madhu was not as happy. Did Sultan dent that happiness through his threat? Or did RK, through his presence?

"Don't ignore me." So, there it is. In RK's words. He can't bear to be ignored, by anyone, especially Madhu. RK assumes that it is some lover boy who dropped Madhu. But it seems to me that he was just digging for information, he wasn't serious about it. "Main tumhara pa .." WTH? RK forgot everything.. the un-wedding, the humiliation, the pain, the trauma .. how could he? Madhu gave it back to him perfectly. He had to hear that. He had to know that there is no relationship there. He had to be pulled down to earth from the outer-space he was living in. Now, what's next RK?

Radhaji's face as she saw this scene. Seemed angry at first. Angry at whom? Madhu, for rejecting RK's concern or RK, for putting himself in such a situation? Then she was sad for her son. Unshed tears. She felt for her son, because even now he doesn't understand his love. He is still confused.

I'm surprised at how easily Padmini and Trishna accept Madhu's story. 😲 And now they have a rosy picture of Sultan. Padmini actually blesses him. πŸ˜† Oh well, when they find out he is a gangster who uses his own son as bait, we'll see how they react then.

The precap. Radhaji gives another speech. B grade movie indeed.

The world still believes that Madhu is RK's wife. So I'm going to assume that they are just estranged. No divorce. But were they married to start of with? πŸ˜• Going crazy here. πŸ€ͺ

ETA: Considering how terrified Aryan was of Sultan, I started thinking ... what do you think Sultan gives as punishment for Aryan?
Edited by Angeena - 11 years ago
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Finally Madhu is back after the 2 day ordeal and MB EIEJ is back on track πŸ‘

a short review from me today..the song in the starting was good πŸ‘ captured their emotions well & I'm happy to get some VM material πŸ˜† RK still worried & dhamkaofying DSP  He wants Madhu okay but DSP ne isko bandh karke thodi na rakha hai..

Madhu with Aryan, Sultan bhai comes (TG dressed up) , & scolds Aryan for breaking rules which Madhu doesn't like..he asks both of them to get ready..magically Aryan can read Sultan's mind...he wants to drop Madhu back home..but not before Madhu gives him short lecture "tum kaise insaan ho" , aur RK aur Balraj ko dekhkar Madhu ko kya lagta hai kaise insaan hote hai duniya mein?? πŸ˜•..for a sec. i thought he'll put a tape on her mouth first πŸ˜† Today Bhai was better..The servant gives out all info on Madhu, even that she is RK's wife..what did he do? look for her in facebook or something?? 

Madhu is back in the chawl..Bhai threatens her not to tell anyone otherwise RK will be dead  πŸ˜† 

so now i think it's pretty clear why RK was waiting for her in chawl...for Madhu-RK showdown...superstar ko dharti par laane ke liye...RK baar baar haq jata raha tha and Madhu chides him...πŸ‘ not too many bombastic dialogues but plain simple ones, which probably we heard before or we knew they're gonna say that..predictable ...but a well done scene from both ends, just that i was surprised that both have this much energy to fight after a looong long disturbing night...RK asks him about the man who dropped  her back home but Madhu didn't answer him...i think he needs to do some self introspection..what was he doing there? why jatofying haq on Madhu? Why did he wake up half of Mumbai for her?? Radha was right, his actions & dialogues come straight from some B grade poorly directed movie...he called him her "pati" πŸ˜† Madhu likes to hear that from everyone except him na? from Bittuji, from Radha, from Sultan? will the CV's clarify whether they're still married or no? infact they were married in the first place or no? ST batao na πŸ˜‘ 

Madhu tells some logical story to Trishna and Padmini πŸ˜² shocking yaar..MB and logic πŸ˜† Padmini blesses Sultan bhai πŸ‘πŸ˜† 

Precap is good..Radha back with her taunting πŸ‘ RK going crazier as expected..

PS hhhmmm can't tell how much I liked his "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA"  and one more dialogue which he says which i dun remember..VD rocks πŸ‘ he was looking HOT and dashing 
Edited by _charu_ - 11 years ago
bcbs_srk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Quote for Madhu:
"The soul is healed by being with Children" - By Fyodor Dostoevsky
Quote for RK:
"Confession is always weakness. The grave soul keep its own secrets, and takes its own punishment in silence" by Dorothy Dix.

It is a good episode for me but got distracted by BDs. 

Madhu and RK scenes were the highlight of the episode.πŸ‘

vkk2429 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

The episode was better with more logical sequences..😊
It started off with RK in the chawl and Madhu with Aryan..
The background song of "Tujhe bhula diya" playing...Liked the song
and kind of fit the situation perfectly.
She holds on to Aryan remembering all the memories..
Sultan enters the room finding Madhu n Aryan cuddled together...
was not happy with it... completely understandable. 
Aryan wakes up...Sultan remindes of his rules.. stops Madhu
from helping Aryan..
Madhu again tries to fire him for treating his son that way...
Sultan does not respond to it..πŸ‘πŸΌ 
I was impressed that he handled her that way.. 
AR is growing on me.. He had a little bit more dialogues today  and
i liked his cold, silent, calculative answers with stiff body language.
He blindfolds her... madhu gets agitated.. Now it is time for Aryan
to calm her down.. by saying that he is right here and Sultan is 
just taking her back home.  
I said it yesterday that she is creating an UNNECESSARY bond with 
the child and the child has created an UNNECESSARY bond with her too unknowingly...
Perhaps to bring the TWIST to the story later on as was given out in the articles.
The older man gives out her address and says she is "kisi RK's wife".
Definitely saw a glint in Sultan's eye when the old man said that...πŸ˜•
He brings her to the chawl.. sees RK .. warns her not to say 
anything about the previous night  with deadly consequences for
RK and herself. 
She enters the chawl.. smiles at RK... RK is delighted to see her
and sees the car pulling away with Sultan in it... He does not see
Sultan yet... 
The confrontation has been avoided for NOW...But I kind of
liked the scene with the windows closing as RK tries to find out who
it is...πŸ‘πŸΌ
She avoids RK's questions... others rush to her... ask her what
happened...
Madhu tells all of them not to worry about her and that she is fine. 
RK questions her once again as to where she went? When she
avoids again.. he pulls her by the arm..
Madhu tells Trishna to take Padmini and go inside...
I loved the scene.. where she did not have to say much to them 
but her eyes did the talkingπŸ‘
It was kind of understood by all of them that she wanted to handle
RK alone..
She befits him with a reply which most of the viewers have been 
looking forward to...and which RK definitely needed to hear..
Then she walks away...loved this scene too.πŸ‘πŸΌ
Radha watching everything.. feeling sad for her son... that he has
pushed Madhu very far away from himself... she knows that he
loves Madhu but is not able to let go of the ego and the denial before
others. 
Madhu explaining her version of  what happened with her...
They believing her...
Madhu's expressions in the last scene -- felt as if the fear hit her
just right now especially with Sultan threatening her with deadly 
consequences. 

Both DD and VD were very good with the different expressions today. 
It is funny how the CV's seem to answer all the questions / concerns
raised by the thread the PREVIOUS day in the following episode...πŸ˜†

Precap :   Looks like even Radha is being given STELLAR dialogues
of late...πŸ˜†

Edited by vkk2429 - 11 years ago
Sima14 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wow... wow what an episode... Loved it,,

The part that made me mad was when RK said he should not have helped Madhu when the creep was bothering her...RK you really need to work hard to earn Madhu's love now...😑

Happy Women's day everyone!!!!!!
Edited by Sima14 - 11 years ago
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: vkk2429

Both DD and VD were very good with the different expressions today. 
It is funny how the CV's seem to answer all the questions / concerns
raised by the thread the PREVIOUS day in the following episode...πŸ˜†

Kritika which questions did CV's answer πŸ˜†
MarathiMulgi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
RK and Madhu pining for each other. Good song to express what each of is feeling and remembering past memories.

Sultan samazdar hai. He realized the dangers of continuous sermons from Madhu and took the wise decision of dropping her home. His man friday is resourceful in getting information about her. When he informs Sultan ki Madhu is RK's biwi I am sure he felt a twinge of sympathy for RK. Man, in a few hours I got these many lectures from her, bichara RK ka kya haal hoga. Should I just keep her here for a day more and give the poor man a day's respite? But am I really ready for more lectures? Nah, let's go.  (PS. This is not Madhu bashing, just a bit of humor.)

Does Madhu look surprised when she sees RK in the chawl courtyard. I was not able to correctly analyze her expressions. She must have felt something when she saw how restless RK was looking. Was she happy that RK was waiting for her to return? RK's relief is palpable. He just can't believe that Madhu is in front of him safe and sound.

Bravo Madhu. You found courage to sunao RK ki he has no right to question her expecting any kind of answers. He has lost that right. He needed to hear that bitter truth from Madhu ki RK is no longer Madhu's loved one (though in her heart he still is). Though Padmini and Trishna are wise not to be present for this convo, Radha just can't help eavesdropping on it.

True, RK put all his resources in her talaash but a)She was not immediately informed by any of these women what RK did and  b)He is still on his high horse demanding answers from her.  Haq jatana chalu hi hai.  She does not know what he has gone through since she went missing. She is entirely right in giving him a royal ignore. He needs to be brought down on earth and realize that Madhu is not at his beck and call anymore.

I was not expecting RK-Sultan faceoff today.  I think the storm in RK-Madhu's life looks like that of misunderstanding. RK thinks Madhu found some lover boy and so is refusing to divulge anything. Madhu won't spill anything as Sultan has dhamkaoed her about RK's life. So now jealosy is roaring in RK's heart. Without any explaination from Madhu, his mind may conjure up any number of scenerios each one worse than the other.

Maybe tomorrow Padmini or most probably Bittuji may inform her about RK's efforts and maybe she will feel something. But definitely she won't tell anyone who gave her a ride home.

Precap - Looks like RK is about to hit the bottle again. Has he forgotten what happened last time he got drunk?