Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anurulz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
sounds like an interesting story and if it is actually mentioned, then the CVs dint use their imagination to create this track, thts a good thing..and yes, the original as u described wud have not gone well wid the audience,so they changed it a bit..thanx..
sweetsandhya thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Amazing story. Thanks Kali. ðŸ˜Š
viper833 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
story may be interesting is completely false and half the people of india may believe is true.
sweetgirl_21 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I came across this in Shiv Puran...thought I will share with you all. 

LORD VISHNU CREATES TURBULENCES

After the churning of the ocean had been accomplished, numerous things had emerged out from the ocean. Jewels, Moon, Lakshmi, Poison, Uchchaishrava horse, Airavat elephant, Vessel containing Nectar were some of the things which emerged out from the ocean after the churning.
A tremendous battle was fought between the deities and the demons to have control over the vessel containing Nectar. The demons had snatched that vessel from the deities.
By the divine inspiration of lord Shiva, Vishnu appeared in the form of Mohini the enchanting beauty. He successfully recovered that vessel from the control of the demons.

To distract the attention of the demons from the nectar, lord Vishnu created numerous enchanting beauties. When the demons saw them, they forcibly carried these enchanting beauties to their abode, the Nether world. After that they again returned to take control of the Nectar.
By that time, Vishnu had made the deities drink all the nectar. When the demons came to know about this, they became very furious and attacked the deities. A tremendous battle ensured between both the sides. Ultimately the demons got defeated. To save their lives the demon ran towards their abode. Lord Vishnu chased the demons and entered the Netherland. He killed all the demons.
Lord Vishnu then saw those enchanting beauties who had been abducted by the demons. Ironically, lord Vishnu got infatuated by their beauty- who were his own creation. Lord Vishnu remained there for a long time.

SHIVA'S INCARNATION AS VRISHABH

During his stay in the Netherland, many sons were born to Lord Vishnu, who were very wicked and cruel. These sons of lord Vishnu started tormenting the inhabitants of all the three world. All the deities and the sages went to lord Shiva to take his help. They requested him to kill the cruel sons of Vishnu and reestablish him (lord Vishnu) in his own abode, which he had abandoned for the Nether world.
Lord Shiva went to the Netherworld in the form of an Ox (Vrishabh). He killed all the sons of lord Vishnu with his sharp horns. Seeing the death of his sons, lord Vishnu came forward to fight him. He attacked lord Shiva with his various weapons, but lord Shiva remained harmless. Ultimately lord Vishnu was able to recognise him. He eulogized lord Shiva.
Lord Shiva then requested him to return back to Vishnuloka, he accepted. Lord Vishnu left his 'Sudarshan chakra' in the Netherworld and went to his own abode, where lord Shiva presented him a new Sudarshan chakra.

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
@moharikafan, this story was already posted yesterday, merging this post with that thread.
viper833 thumbnail
this story on show up in the Shiva Pruan not tje skanda purana, devi purana . This story is false.

Story that show up in multiple location can be believe. Just one location does not make true.

I can give you many story. If this story was true with would shown across board.

Shiv  Purana - Favor Lord Shiva
Vishnu Purana - Favors Lord Vishnu
Brahma Purana - Favor Lord Brahma, Lord Narayan, Lord Shiva
Devi Purana - Favor Dev Shakti, L
Vaman purana -  Favor Lord Vishnu
Matsaya Purana - Favor Lord Vishnu
Kurma Purana - Favor Lord Vishnu
Varah Purana - Favor Lord VIshnu
Padmaa Purana - Favor Lord Vishnu Goddess Laksmhi
Skanda Purana , Narad Purana, Ramayan, Mahabaharat, Bhagat Gita - Favor Lord Vishnu and 10 avatars.
Mahabaharat, is written by Lord Ganesh
Skanda Purana is about lord Kartikea
Lord Shiva is the Founder of the Rudra sampradaya in Vaishnavism.

The Tor'ah  and Holy Bible - Lord Vishnu - Under Revelation  of the Fourth Horse Men ( Kalki)

Majority of them have similar stories the only place where they show negative aspect of Lord Vishnu is in Shiva Purana.  If the other place don't have that story they are not true.

leonardoaugust8 thumbnail
Exactly the point that I wanted to make. I am a worshipper of both Mahadev and Vishnu and I find some of these twists and turns appalling.

If you notice in all Vishnu favoring puranas, he is the stronger power and Mahadev the weaker and in Shiva favoring puranas no guesses as to who has the upper hand.

For eg- In Vishnu purana, Vishnu's son is Brahma (all puranas agree on this as he resides on a lotus originating from his navel) and Shiva is shown as Brahmas son. They further add that Shiva and other gods got their powers because of their immense devotion to Vishnu and Lord Shiva is the first and foremost of Vishnus devotees and the closest to his heart.

In the Bhasmasura episode, Shiva is shown as vehemently praying to Lord Vishnu to save him and as a result of his prayers, Vishnu takes the mohini avatar. The question that arises here is -- Shiva is himself part of the holy trinity, why would he walk into such a situation and plead from Vishnuji ..again here theres an attempt to show Vishnuji in a good light at the cost of Shivji.

In Shiva purana, Veerabhadra is shown as defeating Lord Vishnu and sitting on his chest and beating him after the Daksha Yajna tragedy . The other Ganas and associates assault Brahma, hit other devas .. even the women of Swarga Lok are not spared. Here clearly Shivji has the upper hand and towers above other gods.

This story of Vishnu fathering children with apsaras in Patal and getting his duplicate chakra from Shiva is only an attempt to further portray one god in higher light and the other in a negative way.

My point is this -- Even our rishis and gyanis arent infallible -- I feel that these stories pitting one god against other have been made to satisfy their egos -- my god is the strongest kind of mentality. In tamilnadu, where I hail from, this difference between saivites and vaishnavites is strongest ..Strong conservatives from both these categories don't visit other temples ..there's an air of superiority complex ..

Have we ever wondered what the supreme beings themselves think of these things ..they are above and beyond all this .. To me, Shiva and Vishnu are in todays terms the best of buddies and complement each other and are two sides of the same coin ..theres a (if you can use the term) bromance there ..we need to look at these stories objectively ..both are infallible ..DKDM is doing a terrific job covering significant aspects ..they have toned down the negative portrayal of Vishnuji and at the same time covering all aspects related to shivji ..

I dont intend to hurt anyone's feelings by my opinion ..Just my 2 cents on this issue.

Originally posted by: viper833

this story on show up in the Shiva Pruan not tje skanda purana, devi purana . This story is false.

Story that show up in multiple location can be believe. Just one location does not make true.

I can give you many story. If this story was true with would shown across board.

Shiv  Purana - Favor Lord Shiva
Vishnu Purana - Favors Lord Vishnu
Brahma Purana - Favor Lord Brahma, Lord Narayan, Lord Shiva
Devi Purana - Favor Dev Shakti, L
Vaman purana -  Favor Lord Vishnu
Matsaya Purana - Favor Lord Vishnu
Kurma Purana - Favor Lord Vishnu
Varah Purana - Favor Lord VIshnu
Padmaa Purana - Favor Lord Vishnu Goddess Laksmhi
Skanda Purana , Narad Purana, Ramayan, Mahabaharat, Bhagat Gita - Favor Lord Vishnu and 10 avatars.
Mahabaharat, is written by Lord Ganesh
Skanda Purana is about lord Kartikea
Lord Shiva is the Founder of the Rudra sampradaya in Vaishnavism.

The Tor'ah  and Holy Bible - Lord Vishnu - Under Revelation  of the Fourth Horse Men ( Kalki)

Majority of them have similar stories the only place where they show negative aspect of Lord Vishnu is in Shiva Purana.  If the other place don't have that story they are not true.

Edited by leonardoaugust8 - 11 years ago
Nishajos thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
DKDM adaptation of this story did not live up. The whole fight between Shiv and Vishnu was a disaster yesterday. 
viper833 thumbnail
Per Vishnu Purana - Lord Narayan created Lord brahma from his navel and and he Also created Lord Shiva from his Eye Brow.  and before creating them he Created his Shakti mata.

In Mahabharat written by Lord Ganesh -  Lord Krishna defeats Asur Bansuar

who was Banasur.

Bali was an eminent demon; he had hundred sons of which Banasur was the eldest. With his valour he had made Shonitpur (present day Tezpur, Assam) his capital.

He was a devotee of Shiva and a firm-minded person. He had thousand hands, so Banasur is called Sahashtra Baahu (thousand hands).

Q-how he got boons from God Shiva and how he used his power of boons ?

While Lord Shiva performed his famous 'Tandav Nritya', he used to play the 'Mridanga' with his thousand hands.

He worshipped Shiva for thousand years... With this, Lord Shiva was pleased and gave him a desired boon.

He asked for a boon like a true devotee. "You reside near my town.".. Lord Shiva resided at a place named Kedar which then became famous as Kedarnath.

With irresistible desire for war, he also said that he can fight with everyone except Shiva... Lord Shiva said whenever his flag on his chariot falls he will be defeated, since that day he was waiting for his flag to fall... This flag fell during the war with Aniruddha.

Q-How Krishna connected with Banasur affairs ?

Banasur had a daughter named Usha.

She was very beautiful and once she sawAniruddha (grandson of Shri Krishna) in her dreams and was fascinated by him.

She told about this to her friend Chitralekha who was an expert in drawing sketches. Chitralekha knew a form of Yoga with the help of which she could fly she flew and picked upAniruddha and brought him to Usha's Palace.

When Banasur came to know about this, he was very angry and he locked Aniruddha in prison.

Narad gave this news to Krishna, so Krishna left with his army to fight with Banasur.

When Banasur was getting defeated, he remembered Lord Shiva.

Shiva came down and there was a fight between Shiva and Krishna.

In the end Shiva told Krishna. "Almighty, who can win over you? Banasur is my devotee, please forgive him."

Krishna said, "As it is, I will not kill him because firstly he is your devotee and secondly he is the great grandson of Bhakta Prahlad and I had vowed not to kill any of Prahlad's descendants.

Since today, he will be your chief courtier and would become immortal."

On saying this, Krishna cut all his hands leaving four hands. Banasur bowed down to Vasudev (Krishna).
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Kal

Glad to see you back, and thanks for this story.

I've always wondered whether there were any other battles b/w Mahadev & Narayan, so glad to read about this one.  As is well known, in Shrimad Bhagvatam, Shiva gets into a stalemate w/ Krishna & Kartikeya w/ Pradhyumna during the war over Anirudha, Usha & Banasura.  In the Shiva Purana, Veerbhadra knocks Vishnu unconscious.    So both scriptures just proclaim the supremacy of their respective deity.

So as you narrated, in today's episode, they again showed Vishnu losing his discus, and Mahadev giving him a new one.  Although one thing about the episode - the Narayanastra was something that would destroy anything that didn't surrender to it (as was the case in the Mahabharata, when Ashwatthama used it following his father's death).  Here, the same weapon just bind's Vrsesa and Vishnu, and the moment they get to their original forms, the weapons lose their effects? 🤔

One thing that struck me about the battle - although Brahma & others stated that it would be a stalemate, there was a clear superiority of Mahadev shown in that everytime, one of Narayan's weapons reached him, Vrsesa either swallowed it, or absorbed it in his body.  Whereas, when he was hurling weapons at Vishnu, they were either being intercepted, or Vishnu dodged them - like he did the fireball.  To me, that looked like Mahadev was the winner, on points 😆

One last thing - is it just me, or did the actress playing Asokasundari now take a new role as one of the 5 sisters?  Didn't like her in this avatar.  If she wants to stay in the serial and there is no more Asoka Sundari, make her the new Devasena and re-introduce her into the story.  Also, I wonder whether they will show Nahusha's story?

Originally posted by: Kal El

Haha don't worry this isn't a complaint thread. I used that title for a reason. You'll find out in a bit.

I think this might be relevant to the current track (btw I haven't watched today's episode yet, so I could end up being wrong). The Shiva Purana touches on the Samudra Manthan at two places in the Satarudra Samhita. According to the text Mahadev takes two different avatars in connection to those events.

The first, mentioned in Chapter 16 is the Yaksesvar avatar. This is basically what we saw on the show last year. Except it wasn't just Indra (and the devas) who became arrogant; Vishnu himself demonstrated the same arrogance. Shiva-as-Yaksesvara challenged not just Indra, not just the devas but also Vishnu to remove the blade of grass from his palm. And like the rest of them, Vishnu too failed to even move it an inch. For obvious reasons the show only had the devas at fault.

The second avatar is mentioned in Chapters 22-23. According to this when the amrit emerged from the ocean, drops of it fell into the water and from them appeared several apsaras. Later, when the devas got the amrit, fight broke out between them and the asuras as we know. Vishnu participated in the battle and led the devas to victory. The daityas then took the apsaras and retreated to Patala while the danavas stayed behind to guard them and hold back the devas. Vishnu defeated them and chased the daityas all the way to Patala. There, drunk on his victory, he went astray. He saw the beautiful apsaras and engaged in sexual play with them, completely oblivious to everything else. He fathered many sons on them. They were powerful, skilled in the arts of warfare and unfortunately, evil. They caused havoc in all the worlds.

The devas and rishis went to Brahma and he took them to Shiva to ask for help. Lord Shiva then incarnated as Vrsesa - a giant bull. Meanwhile, Vishnu had also invited all devas and other divine beings to join him in his orgy. Vrsesa entered Patala and killed Vishnu's sons. Seeing this, Narayan attacked Shiva. An enraged Shiva (as the Bull) kicked Vishnu who launched many weapons at him but they were all useless. The Bull stood as if it were a mountain. At last Vishnu's pride was shattered and he came out of his delusion. He asked for forgiveness. Shiva forgave him and told him to go back to his abode. Vishnu wanted to get his chakra (which had fallen somewhere in Patala in all this chaos). But Shiva told him to leave it there; he would create a new one for him. Mahadev also pronounced a curse that only a yogi like Shiva or a demon born of  him may enter that place. Anyone else who dared to do so would die immediately.

I believe the creatives have taken the Vrsesa story and modified it so as not to offend anyone. The story in its original form is not very kind to Vishnu. Hence they introduced this idea of the apsaras asking for a boon from Vishnu that basically gives him amnesia*. This protects his character though it does shift all the blame on the apsaras. It's not a bad idea I think. I don't know if there is any significance to the apsaras being five in number or their specific names. Perhaps there isn't any. I do think it's possible that this track will end with Vishnu promising to marry them in his Krishna avatar. Vishnu (either as himself or as Ram) promising women to marry them as Krishna is a common theme in many stories. Let's see.

If anyone is wondering why Vishnu lost his way in the second story if his arrogance had already been crushed in the first one...there isn't an explanation. At least none that I saw (I'll check again when I get the chance to make sure). The two stories are included in different places with nothing connecting them. The intervening chapters dwell on other issues. This is why it is often necessary to employ some creativity to make all these different mythological stories flow together in an adaption.

---
*Is there any saas-bahu trope they haven't covered on the show? Vamp. CHECK. Multiple marriages to the same person. CHECK. Marriage related misunderstandings and all that stuff. CHECK. And now the guy getting amnesia and being with other women. CHECK! 😆