Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

VerboseG thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

VerboseG thumbnail

Chapter 34

Settling down in the plane, Prats looked around her in amazement. Never before had she experienced the luxury of individual seats that locked the rest of the passengers out and converted in beds at night. Though they sat separately for take-off, she excitedly squeezed herself in by his side. Pulling the hatch closed, to give themselves the much-needed semi-privacy, he soon pulled open the bed, cuddling with her under the single quilt. Disturbed by the airhostess once, they partook of the most sumptuous meal ever, feeding each other the choicest morsels before flicking on the Do Not Disturb sign. Pulling the quilt over their heads, they stared at each other in poignant silence before reaching for each other with hands that would never tire. Caressing and discovering in an unbroken silence, she bit his shoulder to keep her moans down while his mind exploded in a burst of fiery colors.

Landing in Geneva, they checked into a luxurious lake on the lakefront, from where they could watch the spectacular sunset over the mountains. The experience of lounging in a hot, hot Jacuzzi, on a cold, cold balcony overlooking the lake was one never to be forgotten. The chill of the night was killed by Sid's arms enfolding her on his lap, sending tremors of delight through her. The golden aura of the sunset lit up the golden couple as evening turned slowly to night. Leaving the hotel only the next morning, they meandered through the city, taking a couple of tours to the vineyards and Castle Chilon.

Sid hired an SUV for the duration of their stay, deciding to be mobile by themselves. Driving to Lucerne, Sid looked on in amusement at Prats excitement at the range of shops selling wristwatches and cuckoo clocks. Taking her to the Rolex showroom, they indulged in a matching His/Her set of watches, even though Prats put up a token protest. Choosing the best lake cruise package, they cuddled on the deck of the vintage steamship, enjoying the fresh mountain air caressing their bodies as they hugged and kissed, oblivious to everyone. No one knew them and they knew no one. As the night turned profoundly silent, they checked into a small but quaint bread and breakfast that they checked into offered them a cozy, warm nook to cuddle up and lavish each other with all the pleasure their bodies could offer.

En route to Mount Titlis, they stopped to take lazy walks and picnics amid the beautiful landscapes. Visiting chocolate and cheese factories set atop small mountains was a culinary and sensual pleasure. Small shops selling souvenirs were attacked with gleeful joy by Prats, who picked up things for almost the entire village as well as her in-laws. As they approached Mount Titlis, the wind grew colder, forcing them to dress up tight. Tweaking Prats nose under her beanie, Sid bought the tickets to the cable car that would take them right to the top. At the first level, Prats bounced around in the cable car like a small kid. From the second level, her nervousness grew, making her glad when another honeymoon couple got into the cable car, taking up one seat. Snuggling in under Sid's arm, she felt much more secure as the ride grew steeper. At the second-last landing, she watched in awe as the revolving cable car that was capable of carrying almost 50 people descended. Entering it, standing against one of the windows for support, she gasped and clung on to Sid for support as the cab lurched upwards. Burrowing her head into his chest, she refused to look up until the people around started oohing and aahing. Peeping with one eye, the 360 panoramic view of snow-clad eyes took her breath away. Turning away in excitement, she bounced in place as the mountains slid by. Bending his head to nibble her neck, he kissed his way up to her mouth, teasing her till she turned in his arms and smooched him back passionately. "God Piyu, seeing all this through your eyes is heaven..."

As they emerged onto a snow-bound expanse, they held hands like small children, rushing to the snow, making small snowballs to hit each other with. Giggling, they lay back on the snow, Prats making little angels with her arms and legs until she squealed with surprise. Sid had stuffed a bit of snow down her back. "This is war, Sid," she yelled, chasing him through the snow, laughing heartily as the snow slowed their progress until they collapsed in a laughing heap, with Prats half on top of them. Their laughter soon turned to passion as an awareness of their surroundings slid away. The warmth of their bodies and the softness of their mouths melted the suddenly falling snowflakes that peppered their bodies slowly.

Shifting to the restaurant at the top-most level, they had a hot meal with coffee, smiling tenderly at the joy that life had brought them. Spying a souvenir shop, she took his hand as a small stuffed Saint Bernard caught her eyes. Picking it up to rub it gently against her face, she whispered, "This guys' eyes look like Sultan's. And can we get a collar with a keg too?" Kissing her hose, he smiled, "Your wish is my command, baby!"

On the way down, Sid spied some ski carts on the lower slopes. "Come on, Piyu. Let's try that ride!" "Nooo Sid, let's not. I feel scared of the snow and the mountains. It's too unsafe for a beginner." "Don't tell me you're a scardy cat, Piyu! You wait and watch... I'm going to try it." As she demurred, he winked, "Have I ever tried to stop you from indulging in your wild-cat ways? What about that hot-air balloon ride you took, and the panga <fight> you took with those goons? In fact, my mouth is in my throat every time you drive! This is a piece of cake compared to that! C'mon! Anyway, I'm going to try it, and that's final..."

Heart in mouth, Prats watched as Sid took a couple of trial runs slowly. As his confidence increased, his speed did too. "No, Sid, no..." she murmured as she watched helplessly as he ranged further and further away from the starting point. Suddenly on high alert, she saw him chatting with another beginner. Watching the two line up in a seeming race, she started moving downwards, "NO! Sid... please, no!" Horrified, she saw the two take off at full speed, veering and zig-zagging their way downhill. As if in slow motion, she saw Sid's cart hit an unseen object and slowly overturn, throwing him off it. Unable to even scream, she started running toward him, unhindered by the snow that slowed her down and the para-medics that were zooming in toward the prone form. Reaching him just as the para=medics were checking his limbs for any breakages, she fell to her feet next to his head, heedful of the warning not to move him.

Bending low over him, she whispered "Sid..." But what was that curious sound emanating from him? Bending to take a closer look at his head burrowed in the snow, she recoiled. The rat! The rat was actually laughing!!! As the para-medics gave the A-OK sign, Sid sat up, roaring with laughter, "What fun that was!" Sitting up on her knees, Prats glared at him for a moment before a loud Crack! reverberated through the air. Watching his eyes pop open in surprise and his head swing to the side, a hand lifting to cover his cheek in surprise, she sputtered, "You jerk!" You're laughing while I thought I had lost you?" Eyes still wide, he watched as she struggled to her feet, bursting into huge sobs and walking off a few meters.

Slowly brushing himself off, he slowly walked up behind her, waiting till her sobs ceased. Turning her resisting form slowly around to face him, he whispered, "Sorry Piyu, I didn't know you would be so upset..." Throwing her arms around him, she clung tight, "No, I'm the one who should be sorry. I now realize how much I must have upset you each time I did something foolhardy.' Bending to gently kiss her, he stroked her back soothingly, waiting for her to settle down. Leaning back, she looked up at him with teary eyes, "Sid, if something had happened to you today, I would have died. I love you, Sid... more than I ever knew possible." At the glow that appeared on his face and in his eyes, she threw her arms around his neck, attempting to unite them body and soul. Lifting her into his arms, his answer was like succor for her soul, "I love you, Prats, and I always knew you loved me. I didn't need words you see, or that's what I thought. But I guess today is really the best day of our lives, so far. The best is yet to come..."

VerboseG thumbnail

Epilogue

Sitting in his office tower, Sid stared out the window, contemplating life. Three years had passed in a flash. The love between Piyu and himself had only grown by leaps and bounds. They had worked out a pattern where they spent 4 days in the city tending to Sid's office and the work involved in getting Prats NGO governmental grants etc, and 3 days in Neeli Kothi, overseeing the work being done on the farms and in the villages. Many of the village folk, especially the educated ladies had been hired to oversee the work there.

Though Sid's Piyu and his parents got along like a house on fire, they now lived in separate houses. The parents had insisted that every young couple needs privacy. So, on the same street as his ancestral home, Sid and Prats shared an equally magnificent, but slightly more manageable, single storey house. Sultan and his wife, Victoria, presided over the lawns there, both neutered after their first litter of 8 adorable puppies, two of which had been retained.

The Singhs, including Jagan and his family, which now sported an adorable one-year-old daughter, came to visit often. Now that Sid and Prats had a separate house, they were at ease staying there, even though Bhoomiji and Bikramji had initially put up some resistance about staying at their daughter's house. Daadisa came to visit at leisure and would not stop crowing about the great damaad she had managed to snatch for herself.

Putting his specs down with a sigh, Sid stared at the photo of Piyu that smiled radiantly back at him. Unable to help himself, he smiled back. What a blessing this girl was... Enveloping him in her love in such a manner that he felt surrounded by joy and an undefinable emotion, almost reverence. What had he done to deserve her and how had fate conspired to make him chance upon her in the oddest of places? His days were filled with warmth and light and his nights were sensual interludes that still had the power to blow his mind away.

But he had failed her... in the worst way possible. His Piyu loved kids, and they had been trying for the past two years. The family used to ask them about it earlier, but soon realizing the sensitivity of the topic, they too had stopped. The first couple of months that they seriously attempted conception, they had thought that it was just a matter of things not working out. But, as time wore on, Piyu started fretting. She insisted on consulting the doctors. He took her to the best in town. Everything was fine they said. No reason why Piyu can't conceive.

And then the tests started; exact timings to be followed, exact positions to be maintained. The joy of making love started waning. Piyu flat out refused one day, "Sid, if it has to happen, it will on its own." They went on to try IVF and various other modern methods, to no avail. The doctors finally admitted that in a few rare cases, the womb rejects some sperm. They are just not compatible chemically. Perhaps that was the case with them. However, there was a small possibility that things could work one day, so keep trying.

Sid remembered how disheartened they both had been, but seeing his sadness, Piyu had, as usual, tried to hide her own, joking about what fun "trying" would be. But he knew his Piyu inside out. He saw the longing she quickly hid every time she saw a newborn baby. He saw the love she showered on Jagan's kids and all the other kids in the family. And he died each time her realized that "chemically" they were not made for each other and he could not give her her ultimate desire.

Suddenly shaken out of his reverie by two tiny hands sliding around his neck, he realized that Piyu had entered his room unnoticed through the door they shared. Leaning down, she murmured "Kya hua, Pati <What happened, Husband>? Why so pensive? You didn't even notice when I walked in..." At the sulkiness in her tone, Sid reached up to pull her onto his lap. "Nothing sweetheart, I was thinking of you, as usual." Swooping in for a deep, deep kiss, he nibbled at her lips until her tongue peeked out to duel with his. Coming up for air, she pouted again, "Don't try to change the topic. I know you were thinking of something serious and sad. Batao na <tell me>!"

Sid moved her gently to her feet, "It's nothing, baby. But I do need to go for a long drive. The work pressures are getting too much for me. Let's take the Land Cruiser and just leave town for a couple of days. We'll check into whichever hotel catches our fancy." Having done that earlier, Piyu was only too willing to rush back home and pick up the small suitcase they kept ready for just such adventures." Instructions had been given to everyone and adieus had been made on the phone as they readied for another trip.

Driving down one highway and then another, they ate, stopped, and stayed wherever it caught their fancy. Putting away their worries for the duration of their break, they savored each other, worshipped each other, and played with each other. The third morning, when they decided to drive back, Piyu suddenly laughed, "I wonder why I am sad that this adventure is over? We spend all our time together, but these stolen times seem so special..." Lifting her onto the marble counter in the washroom, he held her body close, "Its perhaps because we started our lives together as travelers that these mini-holidays seem so necessary for us." Leaning down, he took a small bite out of her collarbone, waiting for the expected. Shuddering deeply, Prats pushed his head further down, asking for more loving. As he obliged, she wrapped her arms and legs around him, trying to draw him deep within her center. The mirror behind them steamed up as the couple, once again, lost itself to the pleasures to be found in each other.

Driving back, listening to old Hindi songs on the radio in companionable silence, Prats suddenly clutched at Sid's arm. "Look Sid. Seems something is wrong there. Why are so many people gathered around the temple? Let's check it out."

Walking swiftly to the temple, they found an old priest sitting on the ground next to two wailing infants, barely a day old. Squatting next to them, Prats asked, "Kya hua <what happened>? Why are these two children crying so much? Where are the parents?" The priest looked at her sadly, "Don't know, bitiya. Why I came to open the temple this morning, I found these two little scraps lying in front of the iron gates, wrapped in a single white sheet. It was good that I arrived when I did because a couple of wild dogs were sniffing around them." Sitting down on the floor, Sid asked, "This is terrible! Do you have any idea who could do such a thing?" A man from the crowd, perhaps the sarpanch, walked up , "They do not belong to this village, sahib. Probably they have been abandoned by someone from a nearby village." At Prats cry of outrage, he continued, "We will never find out who did it, beti. People in this area don't want girl children, and these here are twin girls. No one will ever claim them! Who wants to bear the burden of two girls?"

As Prats picked up the two raggedy, wailing children, her own eyes brimming with tears, Sid snarled, "How can you say that? This is ridiculous in this day and age." The man smiled sadly, "We know all about the sins, sir, but in our area, we cannot feed ourselves, how can we bother about what's right or wrong? And you see that little girl, sir? She was abandoned here 10 years ago... The priest looks after all her needs on his little income. But I doubt he can manage to feed and look after another two."

Seeing the unspoken heartbreak and hidden longing in Prats eyes, who was now rocking the children against her chest, making them quieten with the sheer warmth of a loving human body cuddling them, Sid came to a sudden decision. "I know I speak for my wife when I say that we would like to adopt these two children. Does anyone object? Who should I meet to begin the formalities?" Piyu stood up in excitement, coming close so that she and the two children stood within Sid's protective shadow. The priest stood slowly too, "Why should anyone object? None of us can afford to look after them... Come with me to the thana <police station> sahib. I and sarpanch sa will sign whatever papers they want to allow you to take custody of the children. You can deal with the governmental requirements later." Turning to Piyu, Sid whispered, "Is this OK with you, my love?" Eyes brimming with tears of joy, Piyu whispered back, "I couldn't have asked for anything more in the world, darling. You completed me today."

As the paperwork in the thana took some time, some of the villagers procured a tin of Lactogen from the local shop, along with some basic essentials. As Piyu cradled first one and then the second to her chest, feeding them their respective bottles, a warm glow of satisfaction suffused her. She was finally going to be a mother, and that too of two littles ones. She was sure their families would accept their decision with open hearts and arms.

Suddenly Sid emerged from the thana, smiling indulgently at the picture Piyu made, squatting on the ground with one baby poised on her shoulder and one on her lap. Bending to pick up one baby nervously, he gave his other hand to Prats, "Come on Piyu, let's get our family home." Seeing her carefully into the car before placing the second baby carefully on her lap, he bid a thankful farewell to the villagers and the policemen, before driving slowly out on to the highway. Turning to smile tenderly at Prats, he said, "So this is it Piyu, the best phase of our life starts now. But tell me something. I hated to write baby 1 and baby 2 on all those forms. What should we call them?"

Turning a radiant face up to his, she blurted, "Ashika and Apeksha, both meaning hope..."

SiriuslySujal thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Just read your whooole collection, Ginu ji... I am blushing so much ☺️I hope you write more on SY some day 😳
VerboseG thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: SiriuslySujal

Just read your whooole collection, Ginu ji... I am blushing so much ☺️I hope you write more on SY some day 😳

Thanks Naazo... just came here today 'cos someone expressed a desire to read my collection 🤗
VerboseG thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.