Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 05 March 2013 at 7:50pm | IP Logged

Whenever you read a book, isn't there always this one scene that you hope the author had written?  That one angle that you hope the author had explored?

Could be a scene with a couple of your favorite minor characters that you think deserved to play a bigger role in the story?

Well, if any of it is true for you, then here's your chance to do something about it!

Book Talk Forum 

brings you the 
One-Shot Contest

You have to write a scene based on characters/situations/scenes in a book of your choice.  If you're a reader who has at one point or another wished that there was one thing the author could've added, then here's your chance to do just that.

Rules

All entries must include the name of the book (and the author) that you are basing your entry on.

The entry should NOT exceed 1500 words.

All entries must be original and written by the person submitting them.  You may submit a scene from a FanFiction that you've written.

All entries must be in English. Proper sentence structure and grammar is important.

Entries should not include any content that's sexually explicit, offensive, or derogatory.  Any such entries will be disqualified from the contest.

Members can submit up to 2 entries... the entries may or may not be based on the same book.

All entries must be submitted to -Mystery- via PM with title Book Talk Contest by March 24th, 2013.

Credits

ilovemyself14 for contest idea

.siham. for making the wonderful BT Contests banner

DevvivekAshNI for helping out with the format of the thread

Edited by -Mystery- - 26 March 2013 at 11:38pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

tehreem.ilovemyself14*Dev.*LavenderCrystal..Labyrinth..aishwaryagayeniluvOriginalsepiphany.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Book Talk One-Shot Contest- Ended" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

aishwaryagayen

IF-Rockerz

aishwaryagayen

Posted: 05 March 2013 at 11:45pm | IP Logged
cries* have boards till 21st
make the dead line to atleast 22nd
plz
and like i ask jotty
r u going to count 1500 words?
makes an innocent face * hehehee
hoping lots of participants
brilliant idea
and do something so me too can participate
and no adding fanfics from my side
disaster

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 06 March 2013 at 12:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aishwaryagayen

cries* have boards till 21st
make the dead line to atleast 22nd Extended the deadline to the 24th :)
plz
and like i ask jotty
r u going to count 1500 words?  Hahaha there are easier ways to do that, I'll just copy and paste it in MS WORD and let it do the job TongueLOL But honestly, doesn't have to be exactly 1500 words... I just wanted to make sure that people won't send like 10 pages.
makes an innocent face * hehehee
hoping lots of participants  Me too!
brilliant idea
and do something so me too can participate
and no adding fanfics from my side
disaster  Aww... any suggestions on the kind of contests you want? Will definitely do non-one-shot and non-FF contests.. just need to come up with some good ideas. -Mahi

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

aishwaryagayen

aishwaryagayen

IF-Rockerz

aishwaryagayen

Posted: 06 March 2013 at 1:21am | IP Logged
we can always go for book talk promotional sig contest ...500*450 size ...that will be cool
well there can be another contest in which u can mentionn 5 genres and everyone has to take up 5 quotes from those genre books and write whats so promising and life changing about those
ofcourse the participant have to write the book name and author and everyones entries will be posted .. one who has written and descripted the best in all the 5 genres wins !!

even a vm contest can be held ... u have to choose a story from a book and make a vm choosing any star or multistar and make the vm look like the story ...

Edited by aishwaryagayen - 06 March 2013 at 2:08am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

*Dev.*LavenderCrystal-Mystery-

*Dev.*

Coolbie

*Dev.*

Posted: 08 March 2013 at 10:38pm | IP Logged
Mahi, Great dear! I hope a lot of people will participate in it! Also, the Ideas by Aishwarya are new and exploring,if taken into consideration.:)

aishwaryagayen

IF-Rockerz

aishwaryagayen

Posted: 19 March 2013 at 9:23am | IP Logged
any entries yet ?/ aww m tied up between so many scenes ... aha m totally confused ... god help me i have serious doubts i l end up mixing up two scenes :p

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 20 March 2013 at 9:16pm | IP Logged
No entries yet :( Please spread the word!

aishwaryagayen

IF-Rockerz

aishwaryagayen

Posted: 24 March 2013 at 1:31am | IP Logged
umm with no entries should it go on ??? i mean we can drop it if there is no entry bcz one entry can't have a competition ...right ?? or should we extend few more days ????

Post Reply New Post

Go to top