Debate Mansion

Why are fans too obsessive? Mod Note Pg 28! (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 31

..BhUvaNa

..BhUvaNa

Posted: 06 March 2013 at 7:45am | IP Logged
There are obssessed fans, and many celebrities have them but in low percent..
nobody encourages such fans..
  but many times normal fans are also treated as obssessed and blind , when they are really not. when a person geniunely points his/her favourite  actor's flaws once in a while they have patience to listen .. but if the same person make it as his/her job to find flaws and continuosly keeps  saying he is wrong in this, that, there and then, these regular fans also stop buying arguments from that person or from such people. as it looks they are trying to turn them against their favourite actor.. and when they dont listen  to anybody they are treated as blind and obssessed.  
     few fans are obsessed with the actor and few with the actors flaws and fans  either way its not good.      

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

abhaya

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why are fans too obsessive? Mod Note Pg 28! (Page 7)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

McNinja

IF-Rockerz

McNinja

Posted: 06 March 2013 at 8:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lonely0planet

Originally posted by McNinja

Gorging on chocolates is not that unhealthy you say? I think I like you. LOL

Shoot, if you can indulge in it then don't be sorry for it. Never regret Miu Miu. 

HA! thought you'd be smart to know that, read 6 health benefits of dark chocolates

has to be dark though.. i get these vegan(dont think dairy is meant for human adults, even kids but then they have nothing else)... ones from the Italian shop and they taste heavenly

Thanks for supporting miu miu , see we both are listed among people responsible for making these italian french gay idiots stupendously rich LOL.. .actually i need 20 of em so 1000 each is a rip off. and could have given money to some kin to fly from india and visit dirty ol' london.. reason for guilt

Still its better indulgence than drooling over BS... indian guys are rarely attractive and then they have attitude issues, ...they make him look handsome though Wink

Haha, is this dark chocolate being healthy still a thing? I thought it was a passing fad. I'm not into the bitter dark, I like milky and sweet Wink

Well I have my own definition of redistribution of wealth...all I know is my dress is black, my car red, and my shoes red bottomed. LOL

@bold hey now that's unfair... If Indian men aren't good looking its only because they've evolved to compliment their counter parts...the Indian female you know... LOL kid, kid..I kid. But I agree with your choice of indulgence, it's all about self-love. 

Edited by McNinja - 06 March 2013 at 8:27am

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 06 March 2013 at 8:58am | IP Logged
So, have we reached a conclusion yet? Approve

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 06 March 2013 at 10:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TheTruth

Originally posted by epiphany.

So, have we reached a conclusion yet? Approve

Conclusion, sorry, foregone conclusion was that all fans are obsessive... sorry too obsessive.

We did not discuss why's much because if all fans are obsessive, it must be something wrong with what they are obsessed to, right?

Obsessions are handpicked. We decide what we'd obsess over. So, if we're all obsessive fans out here, the folly is with us and us alone, what we're obsessed with hardly makes a difference. For instance, I have seen so many of my fellow obsessive phangurls change from one 'omfg he's so hawt' subject to another. Pig And we cannot possibly suggest its the 'hawt' one's fault. LOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahika24moomin4455rahmona_paksweherms_angelFreshDaisy

boreddamsel

IF-Rockerz

boreddamsel

Posted: 06 March 2013 at 11:44am | IP Logged
Ok ,I am back but only for a short while. So I will try to make it short and quick. 

A fan is someone who has a strong interest or admiration for someone else or something. 
What is obsession. When something preoccupies your mind continually to a troubling extent. 

I guess its alright to be obsessed .. watch all an actor's movies .. gather millions of their photos .. follow their twitter or facebook .. and talk about them all the time. It might get annoying, but well when you are a teenager, its normal to find yourself to be drawn to actors or sportstars and what not. 

But then again, how far will you go with this obsession? Cyber bullying, spamming co-stars and producers and channels, abusing call center employees or issuing death threats to co-stars is just unacceptable! 

And then we have the case of non-teenagers. Where they get the time to obsess about someone who is not even involved in their life, I don't know! I rarely find time to obsess about myself .. that I need to make a schedule so that I can find time to eat and work out everyday!

Why do they do this? The only explanation I can think of .. especially online and on social networks is for attention. They have followers, people who listen to what they say and support them .. its a way to boost your ego. They might be lonely and unhappy in real life. Then there is the fun factor. I don't know who ever thought cursing others is fun, but then again people assume they can do anything as long as their real identity is hidden (which is not true).  

People accuse me of obsessing over a certain actor.. because I criticize him. But I am not the one who made calls to channels and emailed producers multiple times every day for months .. I was working my ass off then! Ermm 

But yeah I am a huge fan of myself and I obsess a lot about me. I wonder if that's normal Tongue

Edited by boreddamsel - 06 March 2013 at 11:46am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-LovelyPlanetmoomin4455McNinjatiahalderrini_katGayuArnavFairyLiquidSoap-Chandramukhi-rahmona_pakswe

LovelyPlanet

Goldie

LovelyPlanet

Posted: 06 March 2013 at 3:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by boreddamsel

Ok ,I am back but only for a short while. So I will try to make it short and quick. 

A fan is someone who has a strong interest or admiration for someone else or something. 
What is obsession. When something preoccupies your mind continually to a troubling extent. 

I guess its alright to be obsessed .. watch all an actor's movies .. gather millions of their photos .. follow their twitter or facebook .. and talk about them all the time. It might get annoying, but well when you are a teenager, its normal to find yourself to be drawn to actors or sportstars and what not. 

But then again, how far will you go with this obsession? Cyber bullying, spamming co-stars and producers and channels, abusing call center employees or issuing death threats to co-stars is just unacceptable! 

And then we have the case of non-teenagers. Where they get the time to obsess about someone who is not even involved in their life, I don't know! I rarely find time to obsess about myself .. that I need to make a schedule so that I can find time to eat and work out everyday!

Why do they do this? The only explanation I can think of .. especially online and on social networks is for attention. They have followers, people who listen to what they say and support them .. its a way to boost your ego. They might be lonely and unhappy in real life. Then there is the fun factor. I don't know who ever thought cursing others is fun, but then again people assume they can do anything as long as their real identity is hidden (which is not true).  

People accuse me of obsessing over a certain actor.. because I criticize him. But I am not the one who made calls to channels and emailed producers multiple times every day for months .. I was working my ass off then! Ermm 

But yeah I am a huge fan of myself and I obsess a lot about me. I wonder if that's normal Tongue
hahah  reminder for me to rename my id.. not sure why people think I am lonely and has no one around.lonely planet is a famous discovery series and its very popular website as well. my life is probably the opposite of lonely.. I literally run away from people to be alone for some time..
its weird and ironic how people think they are capable of judging others lives rather than minding their own..precisely what you are doing above...

Edited by lonely0planet - 06 March 2013 at 3:23pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

boreddamsel

boreddamsel

IF-Rockerz

boreddamsel

Posted: 06 March 2013 at 8:10pm | IP Logged

hahah  reminder for me to rename my id.. not sure why people think I am lonely and has no one around.lonely planet is a famous discovery series and its very popular website as well. my life is probably the opposite of lonely.. I literally run away from people to be alone for some time..
its weird and ironic how people think they are capable of judging others lives rather than minding their own..precisely what you are doing above...

First of all, I did not mean you, just like the TM possibly didn't mean that you were the only obsessed fan! I don't even know you. Neither did I see your id when I wrote the post! I do know what lonely planet is! But I understand your frustration. I hate it when people assume I am bored because of my username, when I don't have the time to be bored in my life! 

But you are right. I hate it when people judge others and that was not I intended to do with my comment.. and I guess you judged me too by assuming that's what I was doing! 

We were asked why people are obsessive about an actor or stuff that's not related to them. I'm not a psychiatrist .. so I have no freaking idea what the actual reason might be! I am not sure how you would answer this question without making an opinion about others.. maybe I should check what you are have written and learn how to do that.

What I stated is what I have observed. It's called anecdotal evidence. People like to get away from unhappiness by focusing on stuff that have nothing to do with their lives. That's what I have seen. That's what I have done. 

And trust me, I understand what you mean. I live alone for the same reason, 'coz I am surrounded by people the rest of the time. 

Sorry if my replies were harsh .. but this is definitely not the kind of responses I expected from people who respond at a place called "debate mansion". Maybe I judged the forum name wrongly too.. I expected people to have healthy debates here! Better late than never, I have realized this is not the place for me!! 

Edited by boreddamsel - 06 March 2013 at 8:16pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-LovelyPlanetmoomin4455-Chandramukhi-

LovelyPlanet

Goldie

LovelyPlanet

Posted: 07 March 2013 at 3:33am | IP Logged
Wink
Originally posted by boreddamsel

First of all, I did not mean you, just like the TM possibly didn't mean that you were the only obsessed fan! I don't even know you. Neither did I see your id when I wrote the post! I do know what lonely planet is! But I understand your frustration. I hate it when people assume I am bored because of my username, when I don't have the time to be bored in my life! 

But you are right. I hate it when people judge others and that was not I intended to do with my comment.. and I guess you judged me too by assuming that's what I was doing! 

We were asked why people are obsessive about an actor or stuff that's not related to them. I'm not a psychiatrist .. so I have no freaking idea what the actual reason might be! I am not sure how you would answer this question without making an opinion about others.. maybe I should check what you are have written and learn how to do that.

What I stated is what I have observed. It's called anecdotal evidence. People like to get away from unhappiness by focusing on stuff that have nothing to do with their lives. That's what I have seen. That's what I have done. 

And trust me, I understand what you mean. I live alone for the same reason, 'coz I am surrounded by people the rest of the time. 

Sorry if my replies were harsh .. but this is definitely not the kind of responses I expected from people who respond at a place called "debate mansion". Maybe I judged the forum name wrongly too.. I expected people to have healthy debates here! Better late than never, I have realized this is not the place for me!! 

i din mean you meaning me either LOL.. just said it reminded me to change the ID..
i may have judged you too.. but it was more like showing the mirror..
lets stop pointing finger at each other..

See i dont need to type as much to convey same thing Wink

Post Reply New Post

Go to top