Debate Mansion

Why are fans too obsessive? Mod Note Pg 28! (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 31

McNinja

IF-Rockerz

McNinja

Posted: 05 March 2013 at 10:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lunza

No no .. not all threads .. not all the time.. and of course not everyone ... Smile ...
But when it does happen .. with me or my friends .. I get a bit irritated ... bcuz .. I find it so .. uncalled for .. I am left wondering .. ki "maine/humne aisa bhi kya keh diya ?" to warrant such a dismissive response?
(The original post wouldnt have even been anywhere close to "oh... he is so cute .. oh he is hot *drools*.." or anything that frivolous.. )

And well.. not everyone's nature is the same .. right ?
Some are thick skinned .. and either laugh it off, try to take it in good humour or ignore it.. or if they are good with witty one-liners .."give it back" ..
Some are a bit more sensitive to the comments made(even though it is by some half a dozen anonymous folks from the online world..), and dont know how to "handle it" .. so when that happens they either get a bit defensive .. and react in the .. well "phangurl way" like .." you dont know what you are talking about.." or "you are just jealous your favourite is not famous" ( something like that).. or they just retreat and stay away from the thread...
Not sure whether I explained it properly..

No, I get where you're coming from. It's the same way when someone who criticizes is not able to point out  few positives about a show/movie/actor without called a poser/fluke/hypocrite. This place isn't easy on neutral fans, I have seen that much.

Giving it back is the way to go, but it's all about being subtle. LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

lunzairia_luvsLindorrini_kat

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why are fans too obsessive? Mod Note Pg 28! (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

BirdieNumNum

BirdieNumNum

Posted: 05 March 2013 at 10:55am | IP Logged

Looks like half the world is obsessed with celebrities, and the other half obsessed with the first half that is obsessed with celebrities. It's an obsessive compulsive world we live in, i tell you. LOL And it makes it fun.LOL

Edited by BirdieNumNum - 05 March 2013 at 10:58am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Fawn1moomin4455boreddamseliria_luvsLindorFreshDaisy

McNinja

IF-Rockerz

McNinja

Posted: 05 March 2013 at 11:19am | IP Logged
^Obsessive world indeed. LOL 

So is it obsessive or passionate behavior getting a hard-on over every which line is said on some online portal? 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

BirdieNumNummoomin4455boreddamseliria_luvsLindorFreshDaisy

BirdieNumNum

BirdieNumNum

Posted: 05 March 2013 at 11:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by McNinja

^Obsessive world indeed. LOL 

So is it obsessive or passionate behavior getting a hard-on over every which line is said on some online portal? 

oh, that would be obsessively passionate behavior.LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

moomin4455boreddamselMcNinjairia_luvsLindor

iria_luvsLindor

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 05 March 2013 at 12:13pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

BirdieNumNum-Swetha-moomin4455McNinjaMiss Cherierini_kat-Chandramukhi-

iria_luvsLindor

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 05 March 2013 at 12:50pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

BirdieNumNummoomin4455McNinjaMiss Cherie

-GredForge-

IF-Rockerz

-GredForge-

Posted: 05 March 2013 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
well yes some fans go overboard and these are usually the younger lot(11-16 yrs)!
but some shows are sometimes brilliant and people get emotionally attached to these shows(like geet, KDMHMD and IPKKND and now i have seen lots of bashing and negativity in MB forum too) and when u r emotionally attached to something u dont like hearing bad about it and always jump to defend it ,there are always ppl who will love bashing a particular show just to irritate the fans ! i myself am a huge ipk fan and i know the feeling lol !

McNinja

IF-Rockerz

McNinja

Posted: 05 March 2013 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by iria_luvsLindor

Sorry about that BS rant! LOL

now coming back to the topic, i guess too much of anything is bad and the same goes for the fandom as well...as long as you're sane and  don't act like a momma to the actor/actress its reasonable...

Excuse me, excessive anything? That's insulting to the likes of me who believe gluttony to be a way of life, Lindt. 

BirdieNumNumiria_luvsLindorboreddamselMiss Cherie

Post Reply New Post

Go to top