Debate Mansion

Why are fans too obsessive? Mod Note Pg 28! (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 31

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 05 March 2013 at 7:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by iria_luvsLindor

I have been on IF for a good few years now and have to say that Barun has the most ill-mannered and atrocious behaving fans of all the tv actors! worst still, they come in all ages and bite real hard!

And we dun stop talking about all things Sobti, do we? LOL

Albeit, the age factor - I do not think restrictions would make a difference. I am a teenager and I dun claim to not have hormones. But I do not defend the conduct of a TV star like I'm their spokesperson. If a teenager has the streak of idiocy in their nature, they'll find somewhere else they can be nonsensical if their parents ban TV shows and online forums. Stern Smile I think there is absolutely no cure to this because I daresay, it's simple foolery. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-nebunaMcNinjairia_luvsLindorrahmona_paksweherms_angel

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why are fans too obsessive? Mod Note Pg 28! (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

boreddamsel

IF-Rockerz

boreddamsel

Posted: 05 March 2013 at 7:44am | IP Logged
I love this topic.. something I have been thinking about for a while. Will be back later to reply. 

Before I go I have to add... The things people do behind an anonymous name is shocking! Wonder if  they know that nothing on the Internet is private .. it can all be linked back to you.. and one day all this cyber bullying will come back to bite you in the derriere!! 

Do they not realize they are fighting for something that isn't real .. that's why its called fiction! What do you gain by spewing hatred against someone in the name of an actor??? 

Ok, I am still shocked by a hate pm sent to a friend by an obsessed fan.. sorry! 

Edited by boreddamsel - 05 March 2013 at 7:46am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

BirdieNumNum-Swetha-rini_katMcNinjaMiss Cherieiria_luvsLindorrahmona_pakswe

BirdieNumNum

BirdieNumNum

Posted: 05 March 2013 at 8:01am | IP Logged

lol thank heavens it's TV actors these girls drool over. Can you imagine what it would be like if they found real-life guys to drool and fight over?That would be pandemonium and riots on the streets, serious law and order situation.LOL 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

iria_luvsLindorboreddamselMcNinja

lunza

IF-Rockerz

lunza

Posted: 05 March 2013 at 8:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by subha2601

I have been part of many forums of IF since a long time,specially Indian serials forums.I have seen all kind of fans in IF.
When i joined IF in 2006,i feel the fans of tv actors then and fans of tv actors now are completely different.

The first forum i was ever part of was Kasamh se forum,a serial on 3 sisters.The lead pair of the show,Ram kapoor and Prachi desai had a huge fan following.Members of kasamh se forum loved this pair.But never did i see a single post bashing the actors of the show.People used to criticise and bash the characters but never the actors,not even the actors who played negative roles in the show.Fans used to criticise the wrong actions of the two lead characters even though they were their fans.Fans used to give feedback on how the actors should improve themselves and also discuss the actors shortcomings,but in a constructive way and not in a bashing way.In short,fans would criticise but never bash any actor/character.

Ooh .. I used to love the Kasamh se forum... there used to be some lovely discussions and FFs by the members ..
Still remember a couple of members .. mistletoe , raaga om , tintiny...
 Hiten-Gauri (Pratham-Gauri) were my first fav couple from TV ... but I didnt know about IF that time ( dont think IF existed ...).. then ... I became a fan of Rajeev Khandelwal .. but I wasnt really into the KTH forum ... 
The kasamh se forum was probably the first one where I used to read a lot of the posts frequently and even chip in with a few posts occasionally..
And I loved Ram-Prachi .. and that was the time I started following Saas Bahu saazish .. to see if they were interviewed ..LOL
Ab toh there are so many of these telly news shows..
I still like all the actors that I mentioned above ..

Now , I am a big time Sushant-Ankita pankhi ...
And I dont think my pankhi-ness for these two cutie-pies will ever wane ... 

The "fan obsession" that you are talking about was there even during that time(it was milder though)... 
But it was more on the lines of "Jodi wars" within the same show ... ( and that time .. it was all about the Balaji shows ... from 8:30 to 11 pm slot) .. with 'shippers of one onscreen jodi slugging it out with fans of another jodi ...

Lol ..  about the Barun phenomenon... 
I knew he and his show was popular in IF .. but I first accidentally stumbled into the IPK forum threads.. when I used the search tab to dig up some posts about Sushant.. I think the thread was some discussion on TV actors entering bollywood .. and well... I was umm ... for the lack of a better word .. fascinated by how fast the pages flew in that forum...
That was way back in April or May last year...
Then a few months later... all those rumours about Barun quitting started.. and that forum exploded  ..I mean I know quite a few people .. including myself Tongue .. who dont even watch the show .. still we couldnt help ourselves but peek into the forum occasionally to see what the hell is happening...

Btw .. I agree with TheTruth ..cmon yaar.. not all fans are crazy and obsessive .. hum log itne bhi bure nahi hai Tongue .. 
(Some friends of mine in this forum are Barun fans.. and are pretty sweet .. so I am sure not all Barun fans that unreasonable...)

In fact , I personally find it mildly offensive when sometimes fans are not even given a "fair chance" .. in the sense that ... their posts arent even taken seriously when they are really trying to have a discussion about their fav... (and not just blindly drool over them) ... But such posts are met with cynicism and sarcasm ... but when a non-fan posts something on the same lines... with pretty much the same points.. that post has more "acceptability" and "credibility" amongst other members ...

Oh well...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-rini_katMcNinjairia_luvsLindorFreshDaisy

McNinja

IF-Rockerz

McNinja

Posted: 05 March 2013 at 9:05am | IP Logged
@lunza better off not finding opinions offensive around here  LOL

It's pretty apparent the type of fangirls the post refers to, sane fans are safe as it's pretty easy to spot the crazies. 

I haven't noticed this bit about all threads being treated with sarcasm...then again I don't notice much except for what I want to...yet another shortcoming of mine when it comes to forum mannersOuch

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-nebunalunzairia_luvsLindor

lunza

IF-Rockerz

lunza

Posted: 05 March 2013 at 9:05am | IP Logged
Um.. ok.. Just realized I didnt answer the question ...
Well , I dont know if I am an obsessive fan or not ...
But I do keep a track on Sushant and Ankita's future projects ... and wish both have a rocking career .. win lots of awards .. get married .. have lil kiddos and grow old together LOL...
I guess more than their on screen acting and chemistry .. its bcuz of the overdose of articles , interviews and BTS segments from the various news channels .. that I really started liking them .. and connecting with them.. 
Maybe its the same story with a lot of other .. (especially) online fans too...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-

lunza

IF-Rockerz

lunza

Posted: 05 March 2013 at 9:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by McNinja

@lunza better off not finding opinions offensive around here  LOL

It's pretty apparent the type of fangirls the post refers to, sane fans are safe as it's pretty easy to spot the crazies. 

I haven't noticed this bit about all threads being treated with sarcasm...then again I don't notice much except for what I want to...yet another shortcoming of mine when it comes to forum mannersOuch

No no .. not all threads .. not all the time.. and of course not everyone ... Smile ...
But when it does happen .. with me or my friends .. I get a bit irritated ... bcuz .. I find it so .. uncalled for .. I am left wondering .. ki "maine/humne aisa bhi kya keh diya ?" to warrant such a dismissive response?
(The original post wouldnt have even been anywhere close to "oh... he is so cute .. oh he is hot *drools*.." or anything that frivolous.. )

And well.. not everyone's nature is the same .. right ?
Some are thick skinned .. and either laugh it off, try to take it in good humour or ignore it.. or if they are good with witty one-liners .."give it back" ..
Some are a bit more sensitive to the comments made(even though it is by some half a dozen anonymous folks from the online world..), and dont know how to "handle it" .. so when that happens they either get a bit defensive .. and react in the .. well "phangurl way" like .." you dont know what you are talking about.." or "you are just jealous your favourite is not famous" ( something like that).. or they just retreat and stay away from the thread...
Not sure whether I explained it properly..

Edited by lunza - 05 March 2013 at 9:46am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-moomin4455McNinjarini_kat

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 05 March 2013 at 10:05am | IP Logged

Just random scattered thoughts on some of the discussion going on.

Personally, I don't have a problem with drooling, lusting or the wet dreams. Heck, I even lust on video game characters or literary figures.

It is normal to crush on or be sexually attracted by a celebrity. It is abnormal when you feel as if you're "in love" with a celebrity you never met.

It is normal to get together with friends to chatter about celebrity crushes. It is abnormal when your life begins to revolve around this celebrity "chatter".

It is normal to like a celebrity to the point of being oblivious to some flaws. It is abnormal to expect everyone to see things the way you do and deny them the right to dislike or criticize.

It is normal to get defensive or protective about our celebrity crushes. It is abnormal to form protection squads or patrol the internet trying to pick fights and censor all criticism.

I'm a normal human and I do follow celebrities. I am a fan of Lady Gaga, but I don't care if people call her a talentless fame wh**e. Doesn't stop me from enjoying music I like. I am a fan of SRK as well as Salman Khan, but I can't be knackered to act like PR agent on the forums. Ironically, despite being a Salman fan I end up getting under the skin of most Salman Khan fans on the forum and siding with some bashers because the rabid fanaticism just irritates me.

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-ILoveDramanebunamoomin4455boreddamselMcNinjatiahalderrini_kat-GredForge-iria_luvsLindorrahmona_paksweU-No-PooFreshDaisy

Post Reply New Post

Go to top