Debate Mansion

Why are fans too obsessive? Mod Note Pg 28! (Page 28)

Post Reply New Post

Page 28 of 31

OnepoundChic

IF-Sizzlerz

OnepoundChic

Posted: 14 March 2013 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
now did i ask who loves sanaya who not? Embarrassed  

my hands up in the air with a white peace flag!!!  did such a hectic try must say Cry

ninja BD lindor  where are ur charan i wanna touch Heart

Edited by OnepoundChic - 14 March 2013 at 12:22pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

iria_luvsLindor

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why are fans too obsessive? Mod Note Pg 28! (Page 28)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

MP_Radha

IF-Veteran Member

MP_Radha

Posted: 14 March 2013 at 1:20pm | IP Logged
Alright Folks,

Let us keep up with the spirit of the Debate Mansion and discuss with a concrete debate value! Despite the rules of DM section, members are still wandering off chatting away, and/ or making sarcastic/ instigatory posts targeting other members/ fan bases.  This is a final warning that members are NOT to indulge in such activities!  If you have a perspective related to this topic, you are welcome to take part, but please do not turn this into a chatting corner!

Please review this thread:

Despite this note, members continue such activities, the thread will be subjected to being permanently locked with the post makers issued warnings!  

Thank you,

Regards

IF Dev Team

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

shi77bramcote46cathu

ANNMT.

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 4:04am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

butterfly15..

Goldie

butterfly15..

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 7:31pm | IP Logged
Good question.

I know many obsessive fans, well I don't know them, but I've come across them.

I can see Barun fans are the least popular fans of a male actor, and then Gurmeet's..

I am a Barun fan, but I am not obsessive. I don't like bashing posts regardless of who it's bashing but criticism is fine. But on this forum, the bashers never seem to realise they are bashing, and the fans also don't seem to know the difference between bashing and criticism.D'oh

I don't actually know why some fans are so obsessive. Either obsessively loving, or obsessively hating. It's strange.

I mean most haters of Barun seem to hate him more because of his fan group, rather than because of him. And besides why does anyone ever obsessively hate an actor? What do they do to make you hate them? They're just doing a job, if you don't like they're acting, why hate on them?

I was part of the IPKKND forum, and there were some obsessive fans. There were however many mature people part of the forum. These is not known however, as these mature people don't go around the forum making ridiculous posts and bashing others or starting or responding to fights. The mature lot stayed on the forum and had their civilized discussions in their own groups.

The immature lot however, are everywhere making silly comments. These lot are obsessive beyond belief. What they don't realise is that they are probably the main reason people hate their favourite actor..

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

moomin4455boreddamseliria_luvsLindor

moomin4455

IF-Dazzler

moomin4455

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 8:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by butterfly15..

Good question.

I know many obsessive fans, well I don't know them, but I've come across them.

I can see Barun fans are the least popular fans of a male actor, and then Gurmeet's..

I am a Barun fan, but I am not obsessive. I don't like bashing posts regardless of who it's bashing but criticism is fine. But on this forum, the bashers never seem to realise they are bashing, and the fans also don't seem to know the difference between bashing and criticism.D'oh

I don't actually know why some fans are so obsessive. Either obsessively loving, or obsessively hating. It's strange.

I mean most haters of Barun seem to hate him more because of his fan group, rather than because of him. And besides why does anyone ever obsessively hate an actor? What do they do to make you hate them? They're just doing a job, if you don't like they're acting, why hate on them?

I was part of the IPKKND forum, and there were some obsessive fans. There were however many mature people part of the forum. These is not known however, as these mature people don't go around the forum making ridiculous posts and bashing others or starting or responding to fights. The mature lot stayed on the forum and had their civilized discussions in their own groups.

The immature lot however, are everywhere making silly comments. These lot are obsessive beyond belief. What they don't realise is that they are probably the main reason people hate their favourite actor..

@bold: you got it in one. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

iria_luvsLindorboreddamsel

BirdieNumNum

BirdieNumNum

Posted: 28 March 2013 at 8:59am | IP Logged
great topic. I am hoping we can now explore other aspects too. Like how about seeing if we can find the causes for such obsessive behavior? Is it psychological or biological? Neurotic disorder perhaps?Wink Another possibility to explore would be whether there are self-help programs we can enroll people into to get serious help. In any case, we can't have people roaming around forums suffering from compulsive disorders, can we? Any institution where we can commit people that'll cure them of what ails them?Wink LOL

Edited by BirdieNumNum - 28 March 2013 at 1:09pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aarya-moomin4455boreddamselMcNinjarini_katiria_luvsLindor

-chamkilli-

IF-Stunnerz

-chamkilli-

FF Forum Graphicer

Posted: 28 March 2013 at 6:32pm | IP Logged
Yeah we are obsessed so what Stern Smile
Barun is god? who said he is?

moomin4455

IF-Dazzler

moomin4455

Posted: 28 March 2013 at 6:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by BirdieNumNum

great topic. I am hoping we can now explore other aspects too. Like how about seeing if we can find the causes for such obsessive behavior? Is it psychological or biological? Neurotic disorder perhaps?Wink Another possibility to explore would be whether there are self-help programs we can enroll people into to get serious help. In any case, we can't have people roaming around forums suffering from compulsive disorders, can we? Any institution where we can commit people that'll cure them of what ails them?Wink LOL

I'm sure there is a genetic component - there always seems to be with behavioural traits, with a variation in the level of obsession an individual is capable of across a population...

Can anything become an object of obsession? Is it primarily because the object of one's obsession confers pleasure, comfort and/or is an emotional crutch of sorts...? Do people overcome their obsession by becoming obsessed with something else more healthy or less benign..??

Edited by moomin4455 - 29 March 2013 at 6:30am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

BirdieNumNum-Aarya-boreddamselMcNinjairia_luvsLindor

Post Reply New Post

Go to top