Views

Users

Frequent Posters

moomin4455 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: butterfly15..

Good question.

I know many obsessive fans, well I don't know them, but I've come across them.

I can see Barun fans are the least popular fans of a male actor, and then Gurmeet's..

I am a Barun fan, but I am not obsessive. I don't like bashing posts regardless of who it's bashing but criticism is fine. But on this forum, the bashers never seem to realise they are bashing, and the fans also don't seem to know the difference between bashing and criticism.

I don't actually know why some fans are so obsessive. Either obsessively loving, or obsessively hating. It's strange.

I mean most haters of Barun seem to hate him more because of his fan group, rather than because of him. And besides why does anyone ever obsessively hate an actor? What do they do to make you hate them? They're just doing a job, if you don't like they're acting, why hate on them?

I was part of the IPKKND forum, and there were some obsessive fans. There were however many mature people part of the forum. These is not known however, as these mature people don't go around the forum making ridiculous posts and bashing others or starting or responding to fights. The mature lot stayed on the forum and had their civilized discussions in their own groups.

The immature lot however, are everywhere making silly comments. These lot are obsessive beyond belief. What they don't realise is that they are probably the main reason people hate their favourite actor..

@bold: you got it in one. 
BirdieNumNum thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
great topic. I am hoping we can now explore other aspects too. Like how about seeing if we can find the causes for such obsessive behavior? Is it psychological or biological? Neurotic disorder perhaps?πŸ˜‰ Another possibility to explore would be whether there are self-help programs we can enroll people into to get serious help. In any case, we can't have people roaming around forums suffering from compulsive disorders, can we? Any institution where we can commit people that'll cure them of what ails them?πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†
Edited by BirdieNumNum - 11 years ago
-chamkilli- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Yeah we are obsessed so what πŸ˜³
Barun is god? who said he is?
moomin4455 thumbnail

Originally posted by: BirdieNumNum

great topic. I am hoping we can now explore other aspects too. Like how about seeing if we can find the causes for such obsessive behavior? Is it psychological or biological? Neurotic disorder perhaps?πŸ˜‰ Another possibility to explore would be whether there are self-help programs we can enroll people into to get serious help. In any case, we can't have people roaming around forums suffering from compulsive disorders, can we? Any institution where we can commit people that'll cure them of what ails them?πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

I'm sure there is a genetic component - there always seems to be with behavioural traits, with a variation in the level of obsession an individual is capable of across a population...

Can anything become an object of obsession? Is it primarily because the object of one's obsession confers pleasure, comfort and/or is an emotional crutch of sorts...? Do people overcome their obsession by becoming obsessed with something else more healthy or less benign..??

Edited by moomin4455 - 11 years ago
boreddamsel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
@Birdie, Mooms.. loving the new discussion! 

Birdie, I think obsession could be psychological or biological depending on the object of obsession .. or the extent to which the person is obsessed. OCD is neurotic ... but isn't everyone OCD to some extent? Doesn't everyone obsess over something that might seem irrelevant to others? I guess when the obsession goes to an extreme that the object of obsession becomes more important than everything else in your life is when the alarm bell should go off!  
Self-help programs.. yes, your own hand. One tight slap on my face usually helps me stop obsessing over silly stuff πŸ˜† πŸ˜†  On a serious note, I recommend the Gita.. 

Mooms.. I need to think more about the questions you posed. 
boreddamsel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: moomin4455

Can anything become an object of obsession? Is it primarily because the object of one's obsession confers pleasure, comfort and/or is an emotional crutch of sorts...? Do people overcome their obsession by becoming obsessed with something else more healthy or less benign..??

I think you hit the nail with the bold. 
I was trying to come up with something you might obsess over that gives you pain and sorrow... and yes, that can happen too.. thoughts of suicide, grief over the loss of someone or something, thoughts about something that evokes fear, say a nightmare or even your exam results. I guess it doesn't have to be something that's good.. it could be bad as well and make you feel worse. 

Why do people get obsessed? I think its human nature to get carried away by our thoughts. The only way to control it is by realizing there are more important things in life.. and then.. you obsess over those instead πŸ˜†

Now that brings me to your last question.. are those more healthy or less benign .. not always!! Example? One might realize they want to lose weight.. and drive people around them nuts by obsessing over every morsel that they consume. Or they might want to make potloads of money.. and obsess over ways to cheat.

Edited by boreddamsel - 11 years ago
McNinja thumbnail
Why are we trying to find the causes and cures? What about the entertainment value when we see the fans going berserk. πŸ˜† Let's reevaluate what the greater good is here. 
BirdieNumNum thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: McNinja

Why are we trying to find the causes and cures? What about the entertainment value when we see the fans going berserk. πŸ˜† Let's reevaluate what the greater good is here. 

πŸ˜†all's good here- no one's getting cured.πŸ˜‰ In this case, it's as much fun giving out the pill as it is in making certain observationsπŸ˜†
BirdieNumNum thumbnail

Originally posted by: moomin4455

I'm sure there is a genetic component - there always seems to be with behavioural traits, with a variation in the level of obsession an individual is capable across a population...

I would have simply attributed cause to low mental age and even lower levels of maturity and overall development.πŸ˜† For example, i cant imagine these girls growing to be grannies and obsessing over chikna actors. Or would they? Is there such a thing as a naughty nanny?πŸ˜†

moomin4455 thumbnail

Originally posted by: BirdieNumNum

I would have simply attributed cause to low mental age and even lower levels of maturity and overall development.πŸ˜† For example, i cant imagine these girls growing to be grannies and obsessing over chikna actors. Or would they? Is there such a thing as a naughty nanny?πŸ˜†

Er...yeah! You need to go visit some of the fora around here: grannies talking about having dirty dreams over an actor and then in the same vein speaking about that actor being 'like a son' to them. Where have you been?? πŸ˜†

Edited by moomin4455 - 11 years ago