Why are fans too obsessive? Mod Note Pg 28! - Page 5

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by McNinja

Excuse me, excessive anything? That's insulting to the likes of me who believe gluttony to be a way of life, Lindt. 

Food being the only exception, Ninja πŸ˜†

Originally posted by iria_luvsLindor

Food being the only exception, Ninja πŸ˜†

Thank you. You almost ruined my 3rd lunch as of now. πŸ€”

I can think of a couple more things but I've fulfilled my vulgarity quota for the day. Tomorrow..we'll meet again. Learning to tame my ways.
Edited by McNinja - 11 years ago

Excuse me, excessive anything? That's insulting to the likes of me who believe gluttony to be a way of life, Lindt

at least its inexpensive and chocs are nt that unhealthy except slight sugar (don't blame if tom they say its unhealthy again).. i am still feeling guilty for spending 1000 quids on one miu miu dress.. then someone commented that could have been 5 shirts for me
I think lusting over celebrities is a normal part of growing up. But I have to say that the quality of what's out there - in terms of characters - is really quite thin.

I am concerned that most young girls grow up idolizing guys who play sexist characters. It's actually really sad, and it's hard to challenge the messed up stuff we internalize about what attraction should feel like, what sex should be like and so on. Especially around consent. I grew up watching movies/shows that blur the lines between consensual and non-consensual physical love. It's repulsive thinking about it now, but a lot of Indian movies and soaps glorify rape in certain ways. I'm not trying to pick a fight here, but just stating something that makes me uneasy. There are never male characters who actually value or respect a woman's sexuality. The latter is always subdued, never acknowledged. It's only the guy's sexuality that matters, and as audience we experience sexy scenes through the guy's gaze/point of view.

I don't think that it's only girls who are obsessive though. I have seen guys obsess over sports and get super personal about the teams they like. And that's a huge age range too, so it's not just teens.

In general, I would say there's not so much stuff out there worth liking that much. Especially entertainment-wise.

I've gotten into fights on forums though. I've had it out with moral police aunties who posted all kinds of ridiculous things about Rakhi Sawant. Don't care about her (she says messed up things all the time), but I didn't like the underlying assumptions that some of these moralizing aunties made. As much as I have gotten carried away and can just as easily lose my temper as anyone else, I guess I forget about it the second I log off, or I don't care/remember most of the details after a few days, so I'm always surprised (and saddened) when people hold a grudge. One aunty went so far as to passively bully me on the forums to try to bait me, and I found it kind of funny how much it tortured her when I flat out ignored her.
Edited by --arti-- - 11 years ago
I think there is a name for this fan obsessive disorder "Celebrity Worship Syndrome" πŸ˜† isn't everyone suffering from this syndrome?
Edited by -Aarya- - 11 years ago
Originally posted by lonely0planet

at least its inexpensive and chocs are nt that unhealthy except slight sugar (don't blame if tom they say its unhealthy again).. i am still feeling guilty for spending 1000 quids on one miu miu dress.. then someone commented that could have been 5 shirts for me

Gorging on chocolates is not that unhealthy you say? I think I like you. πŸ˜†

Shoot, if you can indulge in it then don't be sorry for it. Never regret Miu Miu. 
Originally posted by subha2601

I have been part of many forums of IF since a long time,specially Indian serials forums.I have seen all kind of fans in IF.
When i joined IF in 2006,i feel the fans of tv actors then and fans of tv actors now are completely different.

The first forum i was ever part of was Kasamh se forum,a serial on 3 sisters.The lead pair of the show,Ram kapoor and Prachi desai had a huge fan following.Members of kasamh se forum loved this pair.But never did i see a single post bashing the actors of the show.People used to criticise and bash the characters but never the actors,not even the actors who played negative roles in the show.Fans used to criticise the wrong actions of the two lead characters even though they were their fans.Fans used to give feedback on how the actors should improve themselves and also discuss the actors shortcomings,but in a constructive way and not in a bashing way.In short,fans would criticise but never bash any actor/character.

Then i visited Left right left forum.The lead actor of the show was Rajeev khandelwal who was paired opposite a newcomer called Priyanka bassi.In this forum,i got to see a little negativity.Fans of rajeev's previous show used to always compare both his shows and criticise left right left.In those days,the media used to spread rumors about rajeev's alleged affair with his previous costar,Aamna Shariff.Fans of this jodi were so obsessive that they used to bash Priyanka and also people who even mentioned rajeev-priyanka jodi.They were so obsessive about rajeev-aamna pair that they even expected hard core priyanka fans to turn into Aamna fans and love the rajeev-aamna jodi.But still there was some amount of maturity in them.

My third forum was Dharam Veer forum.Rajat tokas,the famous child star then was a part of that show alongwith another newcomer called Vikrant massey.This was the first forum where i saw teenagers on IF because obviously Rajat was a teenager so his fans too would mostly be teenagers.Most of his teenage fans used to bash and criticise Vikrant,never used to like his work because they felt it will be an insult to rajat if they even like vikrant's work in the show.For the first time i saw the obsessive behaviour of fans towards their fav.actor.

Then i took a long hiatus from IF and has become a silent member of many forums.

When a popular show on Star One called Geet was on air,i had heard that fans of the lead pair of the show were so obsessive about the jodi that they started hating the lead actor's wife and still send hate mails to her only because she married the lead actor.

The latest obsessive fans,whoelse but Mr.Barun Sobti's fans.I am sure there's no need to even introduce these fans as the whole IF knows them very well.In my 7 years of being part of IF,I feel barun sobti fans have broke all records of fandom.They turned out to be the baaps and maas and dadas and dadis of Ram-Prachii fans,Rajeev-Aamna fans,Rajat tokas fans,etc.all combined together.🀣For them,Barun sobti is literally a God,they won't speak a single word against their God and if someone else speaks even half a word against their God then they will insult,abuse,humiliate,send death threats,etc.,etc.,etc.They praise their Lord and expect everyone to do the same.If people don't praise barun then he is called an animal.On sunday,i read a post by one of barun fans which literally shocked me.According to that TM,even though everybody on IPKKND worked so hard for the success of the show but still Barun should get all the credit for the success of the show.Reason-Obviously,because they treat him like God. 

So there have been whole lot of changes in fans since last few years.Earlier,fans were matured,were never so emotional towards the characters/the actors but nowadays fans have become too much obsessive,emotional and love the fictional characters and the actors who don't even know of their existence so much that they bash.humilate,insult,abuse real people.

Will this obsessive behaviour of fans continue or will it fade away slowly? 

Hi there
i agree with some of your points...yes fans are obsessed .n .i believe almost all of the ppl are 

but that doesnt mean we treat our fav as God
yep m Barun fan...yes i like him(n i know he doesnt know i even exist  but i really don't care what the heck even  i m not  from India  ) and i never treated him as God..hes just a simple guy with lots of flaws..and i like him that way that doesnt mean m blind phan girl...i accept his mistakes and support  him because thats what life is...i dont expect to be perfect ..like perfect in everything..cos i know humans are bound to make mistakes...at the end of the day i only care about how he entertained me..that what matters to me

and i do believe there are two types of obsessive fans
1)which u explained
2) the ones who in the name of criticism bash the actors

dont u think both of them are same...i mean at the its the same thing bashing eachother...one bashes the actor and other bashes the one who doesnt like their fav

and m not saying both are wrong..they are right in their opinion...just because i find Sobti better than SK and SRK that doesnt mean m  blind phan girl and just because the other one  thinks Sobti is a bad actor doesnt mean he/she wrong...we are just having difference of opinion but sadly we dont understand it 

and saying ppl need to get a life to all the fans(esp to Sobtians that includes me) is kinda being judgemental..i do have a life and i know what m doing πŸ˜ƒ and that doesn't make the other one saint...how about bashing the actor just because they want to annoy the fans...if we need to get a life even the other lot needs to

at the end of the day...its just the same thing..we can never come to a conclusion..its just bashing 

cheers 
Barun Fan
Tenzin

p.s: hoping i wont be bashed LOL 

Gorging on chocolates is not that unhealthy you say? I think I like you. πŸ˜†

Shoot, if you can indulge in it then don't be sorry for it. Never regret Miu Miu. 

HA! thought you'd be smart to know that, read 6 health benefits of dark chocolates

has to be dark though.. i get these vegan(dont think dairy is meant for human adults, even kids but then they have nothing else)... ones from the Italian shop and they taste heavenly

Thanks for supporting miu miu , see we both are listed among people responsible for making these italian french gay idiots stupendously rich πŸ˜†.. .actually i need 20 of em so 1000 each is a rip off. and could have given money to some kin to fly from india and visit dirty ol' london.. reason for guilt

Still its better indulgence than drooling over BS... indian guys are rarely attractive and then they have attitude issues, ...they make him look handsome though πŸ˜‰

There are obssessed fans, and many celebrities have them but in low percent..
nobody encourages such fans..
  but many times normal fans are also treated as obssessed and blind , when they are really not. when a person geniunely points his/her favourite  actor's flaws once in a while they have patience to listen .. but if the same person make it as his/her job to find flaws and continuosly keeps  saying he is wrong in this, that, there and then, these regular fans also stop buying arguments from that person or from such people. as it looks they are trying to turn them against their favourite actor.. and when they dont listen  to anybody they are treated as blind and obssessed.  
     few fans are obsessed with the actor and few with the actors flaws and fans  either way its not good.      
Originally posted by lonely0planet

HA! thought you'd be smart to know that, read 6 health benefits of dark chocolates

has to be dark though.. i get these vegan(dont think dairy is meant for human adults, even kids but then they have nothing else)... ones from the Italian shop and they taste heavenly

Thanks for supporting miu miu , see we both are listed among people responsible for making these italian french gay idiots stupendously rich πŸ˜†.. .actually i need 20 of em so 1000 each is a rip off. and could have given money to some kin to fly from india and visit dirty ol' london.. reason for guilt

Still its better indulgence than drooling over BS... indian guys are rarely attractive and then they have attitude issues, ...they make him look handsome though πŸ˜‰

Haha, is this dark chocolate being healthy still a thing? I thought it was a passing fad. I'm not into the bitter dark, I like milky and sweet πŸ˜‰

Well I have my own definition of redistribution of wealth...all I know is my dress is black, my car red, and my shoes red bottomed. πŸ˜†

@bold hey now that's unfair... If Indian men aren't good looking its only because they've evolved to compliment their counter parts...the Indian female you know... πŸ˜† kid, kid..I kid. But I agree with your choice of indulgence, it's all about self-love.