Episode 210 Discussion: 4th March 2013

0-SD-0 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Episode 210 Discussion: 4th March 2013

Welcome to the Episode discussion thread which we call as Viewer's and Reader's Respite.  That's very apt, don't you think ? πŸ˜‰. And that proves our objective.

Objective behind the thread is 
  1. It helps in keeping the forum clean without much litter. People just need to fall in a habit.
  2. We can have it like breathers at first followed by analysis. 
  3. It also helps like-minded souls and pals bond and gel together to drop in their thoughts for themselves as breathers and for their friends as a peep into the episode and for others to post their reviews. 
  4. And those from different time-zones, who do not get to watch the episode at this time of telecast (Indian 8:30 PM), without any worry to trace or keep track of all their buddy's posts, they can come here, read with leisure and later post their analysis after watching it from their Time zones. 
  5. Do not litter the thread with chit-chat conversations. A little is permitted to have the friendly atmosphere, but when you feel like chatting more, it is desired you take your conversation with your buddies to alternate venues like chat clubs, pm mode etc.
  6. Quoting Policy: It is desired that people refrain from single, double, triple and multiple quoting of posts on a repetitive basis. They can pick out the parts that they like to quote as opposed to quoting the entire post. It is often seen that we have  to scroll through the pages when all they have done is quoting and more quoting with one line response to the actual post. IF has a rule that more than three times quoting is not allowed. But nowadays as people read IF posts over phone, it is preferred that people do not quote longer posts and just extract the portions of the post that they like to respond to and if they still find it relevant to their thought process then get the entire quoted text.

For those who cannot watch can have the Live/Written Updates.
Today's LU from : Armu4Eva
  • There are various other threads all over the forum. Please check out those as well. This is just one choice out of so many.
  • Readers are encouraged to post links of other members posts which had been "delightful read" towards analysis of episodic event/s or character analysis. It becomes an easy navigation in the myriad of posts and pages and can easily be overlooked.
  • The link to present day ED thread is always provided in the previous one discussed.Those who participated in previous thread can go to my posts and check the previous thread to get access to new link. 
  • The link to Previous Episode thread if anyone wants to trace and post thoughts there. https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3463151

Cheers,
SD

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

0-SD-0 thumbnail
Episode 210 Discussion - EOD Summary

The Hangover - Disturbing memories. The outdoor shooting Trip Begins

Events of the Episode
  1. RK wakes up removing Madhu's dupatta that is covering his face. Throws it away in anger as he recognizes it to be Madhu's. Then taking caring of his hangover, he remembers his tete-tete with Madhu. 
  2. Bittuji comes and asks him to get ready for his shoot. RK asks Bittuji what happened and how come Madhu was here. B informs RK that RK himself had brought M along with him, with both of them being in the passenger seat and himself and driver sitting in the front seats of the car. 
  3. RK gets angry and that he could never be so drunk to do such a thing and that B is lying, that it was his and his mother's conspiracy. B denies his involvement, recounts the events of the night to which he was privy to and swears on Radhaji.
  4. R enters with breakfast, B leaves. R asks RK to have sandwich, coffee and medicines. R delicately chides RK how he brought Madhu home saying he can take care of her, that his love to the extent of obsession is reflected through his act in the night and that yet if he will ever be able to accept that love he has for Madhu. She also taunts him that now he would be scared next time to drink as that would only bring out his weakness which his RK image would not like it.
  5. RK walking in the studio hits the telephone booth door, remembers himself and M's moments from the previous night inside the booth. He hits the bottle lying on the floor, remembers more. 
  6. B comes and indifferently comments that RK was lucky that only B saw RK and Bhabhiji in each others arms; and that if other people would have seen them together, it would have been the talk of the town and people would have hard time understanding his actions of one moment's revenge drama and the other moment of togetherness with M.
  7. Padmini wakes up M and informs her that midday and that studio people have started calling for her. She gives tea. M cell rings and the production supervisor tells her about 4 day outdoor shoot and that she is required for her hairdressing services.
  8. M reaches the studio with her luggage, reports to the PS. He asks her to get into the bus. A creep is lustily eyeing M. He continues with his ogling throughout the journey and when they reach the location, he starts to get friendly with M. When she doesn't respond, he makes further bold advances. Frustrated M splashes glass of water over his face.

Episode Reviews
Page 1 - Angeena, SD, supercool3, amrithas, nehakariba
Page 2 - Escape.My.Love., pnars, Charu
Page 3 - supercool3, river123
Page 4 - Charu, pnars, MarathiMulgi
Page 5 - zoya_naziya, supercool3, Charu
Page 7 - Ananya05, sadumaneet, Gurtiluv, zoya_naziya
Page 8 - Ananya, SD
Page 9 - kt25, zoya_naziya, SD, Ananya
Page 10 - SD, Ananya, Gurtiluv, MarathiMulgi
Page 11 - SD, kt25, Gurtiluv, Ananya, kodai

Pictorial Commentary

Edited by 0-SD-0 - 11 years ago
Angeena thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
When RK woke up he immediately called out for Madhu. But his reaction to Bittooji's words ... way way over the top. Is the fact that he loves Madhu or considers her his biwi or that he brought her back into RK mansion that big a deal that he would threaten to kill Bittooji, a man he considers his brother who he has known for 10 years?
I suppose to him it is. He has never been wrong in judging people before other than Balraj and even then he had an inkling that something was off. But to think that he judged himself so wrong, that he has no clue of what he wants/needs is staggering. That he could be so off the mark in this case has stunned him. He refuses to believe this, believe that he has been so blind.
Bittooji took the promise on Radhaji's head. Shows how highly he regards her.

Radhaji comes to him and tells RK to his face that he loves Madhu to the point of obsession. I think he has already crossed that line a long time ago, the minute Madhu slapped him. When Radhaji spoke to Rishu, about how RK would not accept this, she too was talking about his ego. Note, the first time someone other than RK and Madhu have made this distinction between the two. They called it Rishabh and RK and she calls them Rishu and RK.

Back at the set, RK sees the booth, the bottle and he goes down memory lane. Bittooji comes there and taunts him sugar coating his words. He talks about how he was the only one other than RK and Madhu to see them like that. And RK doesn't say a word. Is it because he feel shame for how he behaved earlier in the morning or is it because he sees the truth in Bittooji's words and doesn't want to confront himself.

Madhu wakes up, and is conned into going to the outdoor shoot by Bittooji. 4 days of outdoor shooting of which RK only has to attend 3 days. And his conversation with Bittooji has they overheard Dipali leave will serve to make him dig in his heels and refuse to go early to simply prove a point.

The remaining of the episode seems to be nothing more than build up for the entry of the new character. Madhu's way of dealing with that guy was exactly the same as RK's way of dealing with Dipali. A glass of water in the face. Despite someone warning him that she is, and note it is 'is' and not 'was', RK' wife he goes ahead and misbehaves with Madhu. My mom and I wondered if he had a death wish. Just because RK isn't there does not mean that he won't find out and when he does find out there will be worse than hell to pay. However, Madhu's reaction leaves a lot to desired. What happened to the girl who made a wonderful women empowerment speech in the court room? 

About the precap, did anyone else notice that the hand on Madhu's shoulder had 2 thumbs?

ETA: The drunk scene was sweet. The way they danced to Raat Akeli Hai again, and when Madhu agrees that she is RK's biwi .. so cute.
Edited by Angeena - 11 years ago
0-SD-0 thumbnail
The Hangover and the repercussions of the actions of the previous night.

Disappointed with Radhaji. Though she taunted well for her son to register everything that she wanted to say ever since her confrontation with him on Revenge drama completion night. She told him next time he will be scared to get drunk.

What Radhaji directly did not reprimand, Bittuji did that to RK by speaking aloud how the public would have viewed his act. As the entire revenge drama was drama. He spoke only the downside of RK's actions for him.

I am disappointed in both Radhaji and Bittuji that BOTH did not tell RK, in how much jeopardy he had put Madhu in, by doing what he did. He risked Madhu's public repuation. THIS IS SO NOT DONE and NOT EXPECTED from Radhaji, last of all.  Now this re-establishes her selfishness for her son and ofcourse her Bahu that they should get back together. Objectively from society point of view, I am not sure how Radhaji is thinking. Is she thinking that RK should realize quick and fast that he loves Madhu and bring back her ?? I wonder...

And along the same lines, society has started to play with Madhu's single status. Now that she is on outdoor, the predators are there out to pounce on her. Inpite of the other man reminding the bad guy of today's episode, that Madhu was RK's Ex-Biwi, the man was so high on being done with Madhu. Fine she tackled him the way she normally would, but now a weakness in the form of social stigma got attached to her. The man called her "Chodi hui". Ughh!! I was so reminded of the recent Delhi Rape Case, where men as low as drivers, cleaners, adolescent, can think of themselves superior to any woman especially if she happened to reject them. Sexual Prowess is all that matters for these sexual predators.

Overall a hangover type of episode, with heavy, morose and stuck feeling, and scary episode towards the end. So yes finally Madhu is all alone, out in the woods, metaphorically in the jungle with predators prowling around. Its time to toughen up Madhu !!!  Madhu needs to learn the rules of survival in the jungle (metahorically the other human jungle as well). She needs to know how to protect herself, whom to trust, able to quickly identify her allies and foes.

Precap: Who is that man with six fingers. The thumb is split into two. Who is the man playing the Villain ?

And RK with that bomb joke with Bittuji was trying to get back to normalcy, but it sounded so hollow for his big attempt. Even Bittuji did not miss the hollowness.

So they purposefully made 4 days for Madhu and 3 days for RK in the outdoor for introducing the 3rd entry. Hmmm!!

B rated episode.

supercool3 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
So today's episode serves the purpose of initiating the build-up for the new entry. At least the second half seemingly.

RK's reaction when he wakes up, him calling out for Madhu but to only find BIttuji sends him back to reality. I couldn't help but wondering if his anger in that scene came from the disappointment of Madhu not being there (his insecurity about people always leaving him) or was it because he had brought her home in his drunk state and not even realized it. Somehow I think it's a mix of both. 

I liked the mini flashback scene when Bittuji was explaining the previous night's events to RK. Madhu and RK walking hand in hand singing was such an awe-worthy moment πŸ˜† Especially when he tries to lift Madhu, and tells Bittuji that he can do it πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

Cut back to reality, RK is for sure in denial. Like I mentioned above, I just can't help but feel that all his anger in this scene also comes from his disappointment as well and he just doesn't realize that fact. Poor Bittuji though!
Next comes Radhaji. What she said to RK today reflects the thoughts of the viewers. I found myself smiling along with her πŸ˜†
The last shot of that scene was quite interesting. We see RK sitting on his bed, and in the background there was also focus on that painting in his room. Just a few moments earlier Radhaji had even hinted about the difference between RK and Rishabh. 
The way that last frame was shot, it looked like Rishabh was coming out of the persona known as RK. And slowly, the idea of RK was being sent away.
I think that was discussed last week, and even Shri mentioned it too. About how Madhu and Rishabh were moving away from that image of RK. 

On the other side, Madhu looks so confused about what happened. And she seems petrified as well πŸ˜† I really want to know what's running in her head, but first she needs to sort it out.

The rest of the episode was pretty much the build-up. So now there's a creep after Madhu. 
Well for sure he picked the wrong person to mess with. But since Madhu's not in her right state of mind at the moment I can already sense the danger that awaits her.

Precap - I wish RK eventually finds out about this creep (my guilty pleasure). As for that unidentified person who placed his hand on Madhu's shoulders, I think it might be the creep or his accomplice.
__VJ__ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: 0-SD-0

Who is that man with six fingers. The thumb is split into two. Who is the man playing the Villain ?

It belongs to dat creep ...🀒  you can notice it in de scene where he is holding de plate while madhu splashes water on his face...
Edited by --Vink-- - 11 years ago
amrithas thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Cut back to reality, RK is for sure in denial. Like I mentioned above, I just can't help but feel that all his anger in this scene also comes from his disappointment as well and he just doesn't realize that fact. Poor Bittuji though!

Yes thats an interesting take on his outrageous behaviour with Bittuji! Even I was wondering why the sudden shift in mood from calling out Madhu's name to reacting so furiously when Bittuji said that she was with him the night before! He remembers that much, thts why he was calling out for her! I think what he cant handle is the disappointment that she left plus his RK image hurts when Bittuji, Radhaji n and as far as he knows others came to know about his moment of weakness.Both of them were quick to point this out to him ,in their own ways! What would have been really interesting to watch, is if Madhu was still in the room when he came around! I am sure he would have been relieved and well pleased and in his twisted manner made her stay on somehow! But alas for that!

PS: RK really cracked me up when he almost pinned Bittuji to the wall and questioned how come Madhu was in his room and what else happened! God, thats the heights, how is he supposed to know what RK does or does not do with his biwi in the bedroom! 

Oh n that creep who is following Madhu around, he can start counting his days! RK when he gets to know of it, is going to blow his lid off, irrespective of their relationship status! And that too, if he doesn't get beaten up first by Sultan, the villain who is going to make a heroic entry apparently!
Edited by amrithas - 11 years ago
Meenah thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
i think due to hangover he called madhu first in the morning or was he dreaming whole night about her πŸ˜‰. when madhu woke up she was shocked seeing rk next to her and rk' bedroom too. but he was very calmly calling out madhu like he dont remember throwing her out and revenge drama. rk asking bittuji what he was doing with madhu πŸ˜† bicharay bittuji how he is supposed to tell what they were doing.
radhaji very calmly and sweetly bajoying rkπŸ˜† and making him realize that he loves madhu.
bittuji told rk that he has seen madhu and rk hugging each other and if someone else had seen them would assume that he was faking revenge. (oh God is it revenge or fake revengeπŸ˜•)
madhu called for outdoor shoot. that stalk and harassed by that creep. he doesnt know who is he messing wid
i was thinking why cv's are not showing people taunting or eying madhu. i guess mainly coz no one wants to mess up with rk's wife and secondly i think they want rk to realize more about his feeling towards madhu. so are we going to see guilt trip of rk.
Meenah thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Angeena

ETA: The drunk scene was sweet. The way they danced to Raat Akeli Hai again, and when Madhu agrees that she is RK's biwi .. so cute.

i wish rk remembers that he has told madhu that he imagine madhu when dips was trying to seduce him and madhu too that rk dreams about her it will be a win win situation for madhu she can blackmail dips too😈
Nabakov_Musings thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I am very very very annoyed today and am mentally abusing away to glory . I wish I never saw this stupid episode!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGGGH. Really , they think showing heroines as victims of sexual abuse and harassment and being eyed and letched like pieces of meat walking on the road entertain the audience?!?!!?!?!? πŸ˜‘🀬 I am so angry today. πŸ€¬ Shouldn't have watched the episode only . D graded episode. Could have easily focused on RK's denial or Bittu-RK scenes or a Rishbaala scene instead of focusing the main plot of the episode on a girl being harassed and being a passive victim . We face everyday in our lives no matter how traditional or mordern as women we are so we don't need such sick reminders in serials that do not even focus of sexual harassment . sorry im just really angry with the episode . And hurt.