Posted: 11 years ago
                                                     Arhi OS: 
                                                   The Last Legacy

She entered the room in a bright as sun yellow-orangish dress.
'Bright as sun, like seriously? All these years with her must have rubbed off at me. Khushi was just, well, inescapable.' Arnav chucked to himself thinking about his wife's unmatched beauty and equally unmatched craziness.

She stood at the door-way, a little hesitant well she did know that Arnav did not like being disturbed when he was in his study. But right now the man was not in the study. He was lost in the land of mountains, where the clouds and the mist made Khushi seem like a mythical nymph, like a dream and just as ephemeral. But there she was and as real as could be, in his arms, dancing away the night on the deck of this small but cute house-boat, under the stars that seemed to be getting all teary, glittery looking at this perfectly happy couple, living the moment until it lasted.

Arnav and Khushi were dancing to an American retro number, 'L'ill Red Riding Hood' and Khushi, well, Khushi was having a hard time dealing with the accent, which irritated her but amused Arnav. He loved seeing his wife all riled up, muttering those words she invented, 'Laad-Governor' and stuff, that were nothing but disgrace to profanities. He then took pity on that poor soul and decided to translate it for her. Well that was the only concession he would be making tonight, for there was absolutely no way that he would let her choose the song, knowing her taste. But then when he had told her about how the song was about a 'Big-Bad-Wolf' wanting to be with Red Riding Hood so that he could protect her from other 'Big-Bad-Wolves' in the woods, she had laughed and laughed in that crazy Khushi way that breath pure happiness. And when her laughing spree was finally somewhat under control she had managed to say, "He is just like you Arnavji, that Wolf guy." She had said it in a good humor but she must have seen the pain flit across his eyes for a fraction of second and she had regretted saying that immediately. He tried to man-up again, her hug unmanning him the very next moment.
"Arnavji, you know I didn't mean it. I...I...I was just..." and unable to finish her sentence, she just cupped his face, hoping he would read in her tears what she could not articulate through her perfect Hindi. And he did. Truly saying he had not comprehended it as anything but a good-naturedly joke. But what hurt the most was to know that though she didn't mean it, still that didn't make it any less true. What had he done to deserve this lovely woman? Nothing and he knew that. He didn't deserve her, it was as simple as that.
"Khushi, I am sorry. But I...I..." What more could he say, didn't saying 'I love you' make him sound like a selfish bas***d that he was?
Khushi captured his trembling form in her arms and his hands crushed her, unwilling to let her go, ever.

They stood like that for a while, two souls breaking and mending, together. Khushi sniffed and then finally managed to say,
"Arnavji, its going to take more than a sorry if you want my forgiveness for the devious crime of kidnapping my heart and keeping it in your captivity for eternity." he could feel her slight hiccup-laugh vibrate through his body. She disentangled her form from his before further adding,
"Well, Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada, lets strike a deal. What do you say?"
"Mrs. Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada, that's unfair, considering you have imprisoned mine, so we are even there. But tonight I am in a good mood, so whatever."
He made a very fake disinterested face that made her stifle a chuckle.
"Arnavji." her smaller hands encased his larger one, her eyes looking into his
"Arnavji, I...I want to create a life with you. I want to feel a little-bit of you grow inside me... I... I want to be the mother of your child Arnav." He freed his hands from hers and cupped her cheeks, his lips moving towards hers, all but whispering against their plump softness,
"Only if she has your eyes." finally capturing her lips with his.

AN: Sorry guys, but I had to take this story down as some one has plagerized it and that's just too much really. For the full note please check my index (pg-3).

Srija
Edited by srija.singh04 - 10 years ago
god!!! this is a terrible day for me!!! all one shots I have read today r of Khushi being dead!!!
plz plz send me links of some happy one shots!?

despite bein sad, this was beautiful!

*grumpily* every one is in mood to kill Khushi today
Great OS, touched my heart with so many emotions. Superb πŸ˜Š
Srija,

It was so beautiful and so sad.  I had tears in my eyes. The emotions and feelings were captured so well and I could picture every line you penned, dear.

Gosh, what an awesome writer you are.  That was one great piece of work and I thoroughly loved it.πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘β­οΈ

So sad but wonderfully written. 
Beautiful os yet heartbreaking at the same time!
Beautiful!!! Very emotional. You expressed Arnav's thoughts perfectly.
Originally posted by Dynamix215

god!!! this is a terrible day for me!!! all one shots I have read today r of Khushi being dead!!!
plz plz send me links of some happy one shots!?

despite bein sad, this was beautiful!

*grumpily* every one is in mood to kill Khushi today
Aww! I know what a torture such stories can be, I have been there... but then there is something just so appealing about tragedy, don't u thing,?
amazing... alongwith mking me feel sad... it md me feel sooo loved :)