Supernatural

Facts you didn't know about Supernatural.

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

herms_angel

IF-Sizzlerz

herms_angel

Posted: 03 March 2013 at 6:29am | IP Logged
Some really interesting facts I read a few days back

Source : http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/supernatural/articles/143262/title/10-things-probably-didnt-know-about-supernatural

1.Supernatural was originally going to be called Unnatural.

2.Season One had a budget of just $20,000. This includes actor wages and the special effects budget.

3. In the Season One episode "Bugs", despite the realism of the bees in the closing scene, actual bees were not used. Actor Jared Padalecki is allergic to the fuzz that covers a bee's abdomen, instead hundreds of small robotic (and hairless!) bees were used.

4. In Season Four, Misha Collins' character Castiel wore over 80 different trench coats. This is due to the fact that at the end of each scene, Kripke insisted that the trench be burnt for 'undisclosed reasons'.

5. Dean Winchester's character was originally supposed to be of Asian origin. The CW however suggested that in order for it to be more believable, that the Winchester brothers should share the same ethnicity.

6. In the Season 3 episode "Time Is On My Side", if you freeze the frame at 24 mins 33.5 seconds, you will find a lovely photo of Supernatural creator Eric Kripke at his 24th birthday party.

7. Originally, Sam Winchester and demon Ruby were supposed to get married at the end of Season 4. However, once actors Jared and Gen (who play Sam and Ruby respectively) announced their engagement, the writers thought it would be tacky if their characters also got married so dropped the plotline.

8. Similarly, in Season Seven was supposed to feature Ruby being re-incarnated and impregnated by Sam Winchester. But the couple ruined that storyline as well.

9. Contrary to popular belief, Bobby Singer is not named after director/producer Robert Singer. He is in fact named after Reggae artist Bobby McFerrin and actor Raymond Singer.

10. If you watch the Season 5 Episode "99 Problems" backwards, you can actually hear the lyrics to Jay Z's hit song "99 Problems".

Edit : Okay so looks like all these facts are made up. Thanks to Sindhu and Mahi for clearing as I wasn't aware these are fake. So scratch that. LOL

Edited by herms_angel - 04 March 2013 at 4:52am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

~*sindhu*~MS-meghasharma-Mystery--iPayal-Ayesha066Ephemera

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Facts you didn't know about Supernatural." in Supernatural forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

~*sindhu*~

IF-Rockerz

~*sindhu*~

Posted: 03 March 2013 at 6:37am | IP Logged
Uhmmm I don't think any of these facts are true ...it sounds like someone wrote it as a joke ...Since Js have told the Bee story ten thousand times by now how they were the only ones on the set with the bees along with their director Kim and they were scared... again in the first Paley fest they mentioned how Bobby's name was indeed named after producer Bob Singer ... 

and there is only one Trench coat too which got stolen at the end of season 5 along with Dean's leather jacket ...the jacket couldn't be replaced since it was custom made but the trench coat was duplicated again ... and the stories about Sam and Ruby sounds stupid anyways... the winchesters were never planned to be asians their surname was supposed to be something else but since there already existed someone with that name they had to chose something else ...

Yup sure it's a joke ...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mystery--iPayal-iluvOriginalsherms_angelEphemera

herms_angel

IF-Sizzlerz

herms_angel

Posted: 03 March 2013 at 7:36am | IP Logged
^^ Really? Yeah, may be then. Thanks for clearing up though. I found them here :

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/supernatural/articles/143262/title/10-things-probably-didnt-know-about-supernatural

So I don't really know what to believe now.

Edited by herms_angel - 03 March 2013 at 7:35am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Ephemera

DeadDevil

IF-Sizzlerz

DeadDevil

FF Forum Graphicer

Posted: 03 March 2013 at 10:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by herms_angel

1.Supernatural was originally going to be called Unnatural.
seriously..??? Ouch

8. Similarly, in Season Seven was supposed to feature Ruby being re-incarnated and impregnated by Sam Winchester. But the couple ruined that storyline as well.

lolz...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Ephemera

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 03 March 2013 at 8:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ~*sindhu*~

Uhmmm I don't think any of these facts are true ...it sounds like someone wrote it as a joke ...Since Js have told the Bee story ten thousand times by now how they were the only ones on the set with the bees along with their director Kim and they were scared... again in the first Paley fest they mentioned how Bobby's name was indeed named after producer Bob Singer ... 

and there is only one Trench coat too which got stolen at the end of season 5 along with Dean's leather jacket ...the jacket couldn't be replaced since it was custom made but the trench coat was duplicated again ... and the stories about Sam and Ruby sounds stupid anyways... the winchesters were never planned to be asians their surname was supposed to be something else but since there already existed someone with that name they had to chose something else ...

Yup sure it's a joke ...

I agree, all of this is definitely made up.  I mean Season 1 had a budge of only $20,000? Impossible!!

Back in 2005, minimum wage was like $6.75. There were 22 episodes.. Let's say the cast and crew worked 8 hours/day for 176 days (8 days per episode). 

So 176 days X 8 hours = 1,408 hours Since J2 are the main cast they each should have worked at least this many hours on the season.

1,408 hours X 2 = 2,816 hours are the combined hours that J2 worked for the season.  

$6.75 per hour X 2,816 hours = $19,008

So even if J2 worked minimum wage (which is 0.000000001% likely), their combined pay for the season would be about $19,000. What about the rest of the cast and crew?

Logically and mathematically this budget is impossible, and if this fact is not true then neither is any of the others.  Besides, the two Sam-Ruby storylines seem highly unlikely. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

iluvOriginalsherms_angelEphemera

Ephemera

IF-Sizzlerz

Ephemera

Posted: 03 March 2013 at 8:37pm | IP Logged
@husna i knew someone will fall prey to this ...Ouch
its actually "creative" writing of some SPN fans it seems...

@mahi how did you know the wages detail??Shocked
you impressed me re...Clap and yeah going by your calculation...its remoteLOL

as for the sam ruby thing ITS DEFINITELY a FF cos i have read same storyline like dozens in fanfiction.netErmm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mystery-herms_angel

flutterby

IF-Rockerz

flutterby

Posted: 03 March 2013 at 11:31pm | IP Logged
 i dont think... any of it is true...

mahi... lovely detailed analysis of the wage pay...
fact 7, 8... Dead if it wud have happened.. i am against any sort of demon - human consummation... sam is supposed to fight these things, not take one of them to bed with him.. Angry Dead

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sayanti_ashiuv-Mystery-Ephemera

Ephemera

IF-Sizzlerz

Ephemera

Posted: 03 March 2013 at 11:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by flutterby

i dont think... any of it is true...

mahi... lovely detailed analysis of the wage pay...
fact 7, 8... Dead if it wud have happened.. i am against any sort of demon - human consummation... sam is supposed to fight these things,
not take one of them to bed with him.. Angry Dead

@black : he did it onceOuch

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.