•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago

Wednesday 2 / 1 / 13 Episode No 97

Ram is met by the doctor- ' Savithri hospital -  negligence case. Ram asks for details. The doctor says that the patient came with a small problem "his salivary glands were swollen and one gland had to be removed. It is a minor procedure. The anaesthetist could not come in the last moment and so I administered anaesthesia -  suddenly he could not breathe by himself " Ram stops him and asks him "but last time when you told me that the patient had some pain during the surgery but now you are saying that it was very critical !!" Doctor says that he probably gave a concise version ' goes on to say that a particular community has a deficiency ' trading communities, vaishyas and some other people have this condition ' when given anaesthesia, the muscles relax too much and interfere with the vital functions " Ram asks whether the patient told them about his community. Doctor says that he refused to disclose that info " our interest in this is only to find out such allergies. Otherwise, what is the use of knowing the community?" Ram says that he will take care and warns the doctor "you better be coherent. If you keep changing your statement like how you did to me, the case is lost "

Arjun is pensive. Sharadha comes and asks " pondering about the major's case ?" Arjun says that he is not thinking about the case per se "you know who is on the hospital side?" Sharadha says "Sundaram Associates . And to know that we have grown so much that we are pitted against them is making me proud " Arjun still hesitates and Sharadha says that he should not be worrying like this. Now Arjun comes out and says that he will be opposing Nambi ' this is news to Sharadha but she immediately says "good " Arjun does not share the enthusiasm "I would much rather face Ram who will take it personally. But facing Nambi sir on the other side is slightly tough. Whatever we learnt is all from him and Sundaram sir and now use the same techniques against him?" Sharadha is practical "you just now said that Ram will take it personal and now you do the same? Not sure if I can say this at this juncture but I am saying in the hope that you would take it in the right perspective. When I hesitated to oppose Gayathri in the Ramalingam case, Indra madam told me that I should not worry if I try to do my best for my client and also used the just means,  I should not fear any thing. Want to say the same thing to you. Also Nambi sir is not the kind of person who will compromise his stand for any thing. He will fight tooth and nail even if he thinks of you as his son. Let us do our best for Major Kishore. " Arjun is kind of convinced and both start referring books.

Sundaram's office. Nambi is talking to Ram and Gayathri. Tells them that in the absence of Sundaram, they need to be very careful in protecting the image of the company " The doctors are hopeful and I am sure Sundaram will be back in the office soon. But right now, the hospital cases have to be handled well. We must fill the shoes of Sundaram efficiently. Already the media is watching about the euthanasia case. Since it is from an ex - army man , the Government is also interested " Ram says that he will take up both the cases. Nambi vetoes " No, I am going to appear for the euthanasia case. Since you are already handling the negligence case, I do not want you to be confused in any way. And Gayathri, you will assist me " Gayathri is not too sure , looks at Ram and slowly agrees. Ram has a sly smile which says "so, you want to protect Arjun from me? So be it " ' If Nambi loses the case, Ram will point fingers and say that Nambi had ulterior motives. Whatever it is,  we will probably witness some nice court room drama in the coming episodes.

Freeze

Edited by rojapoooo - 11 years ago

Thursday  3 / 1 / 13 Episode No 98

Ram submits his services for the negligence case in the court. Says that the defense has not given him any clue about the charges "so, once I get it, I need time to get my act together " Judge gives him 4 weeks and also orders the defense to provide details of the charges.

Ada da, Mani sleeps even in this office?  Sigamani office habit continues?? Anyways, he is sleeping and Sharadha walks in. Mani gets up and pretends to read some thing – not that Sharadha notices, she is busy on her cell phone – well, it is Padma on the other side who is still in Bangalore. Mani listens to the conversation with disinterest but jumps to grab the phone once he knows that it is Padma. Apram enna? Mani vazhiya, Sharadha dig panna – usual mOkkai happens. Mani learns that Padma will be back the next day. He is maha happy.

Arjun's writ petition for Major Kishore. The bench has two judges. Arjun argues for his writ petition. Arjun says that the constitution has never thought about a situation like this According to our constitution suicide is a punishable offense. Arjun says that Major Kishore reddy believes in the law and court "if he did not, then he would have gone to some one who cares a hoot  about life. Why did he choose to ask help from the lawyer? He has taken the decision after  thorough  thinking about the pros and cons. Not just that, even when he is bed ridden like this, he still thinks about people like him who should have a dignified death. We need to look at this petition with out our emotions ruling our hearts. I want you to consider this putting yourself in Major Kishore's shoes. Please do grant him the dignity he wants as an ex army man " The PP is taking notes. Sharadha is watching Arjun's arguments .

Mani mOkkai – Indra learns  that Mani is in love with Padma . She suggests that he should seek Sharadha's help and Mani says that an enemy might help but not Sharadha. Indra says that though Sharadha keeps needling him, she never fails to defend him when needed – "unnai ava vittu kudukkave matta" Mani is happy to hear this. Decides to seek Sharadha's help.

Nambi has a talk with Gayathri – tells her that he chose to face Arjun himself because if Ram is made to oppose Arjun he will get too personal . " he might want to show that he is more smart than Arjun and do things which might affect our side. I want you to know that  I will never do anything and compromise the interest of Sundaram Associates" Gayathri says that he need not explain any thing to any of them "next to appa, you are everything here. I need to finish that Vikram case . Once that is done, I will be fully available to assist you " Nambi asks about the delay  "why don't you tutor the mother and finish it off?" Gayathri is surprised that Nambi feels like this "you asked me not to trst everything that the client says ?" Nambi says that their ultimate goal is to take care of their client and gives a nice wink. Nice to see this guru – shishya relationship .

Freeze

Friday  4 / 1 / 12 Episode No 99

Major Kishore 's case – PP puts forth his arguments. Says that neither the Indian law nor the Constitution has any rule for euthanasia. " Since, the Government is taking care of all his expenses, why should he want to die? It is true that his request is morally right. Opposite counsel compared this to suicide. But, he needs assistance to kill himself – this becomes active euthanasia. In case, this is allowed, what about the effect of this ruling? Malpractice of this right can not be ruled out. So, I request you to dismiss this petition "  Arjun gets up to defend. "Major Kishore does not have the intention of pressurising the court to allow murder. He just wants to end his life by choice. PP talked about human rights laws. Recent trends in jurisprudence also point towards this. Major wants the freedom to kill himself. The decision is purely his. How can this be termed as murder? We can not just think of the untoward possibilities and deny him his right . Please consider his request, that is all your lordships "

Ram calls Rahul to his cabin. Looks like Rahul will be assisting Ram in the negligence case. Ram explains the case and asks Rahul to go to Savithri Hospital and find out everything. He asks him to meet Mr.Mandar also "but remember, no one should know that you are from Sundaram Associates . Make small notes on all issues. You are an important help for me in this case. I see a spark in you. But that is not enough, you need to really work hard . Discretion is your watch word, ok? " Rahul agrees to fulfil Ram's expectations. Vikram's case on trial. Judge wants to know why the FIR does not have Jaya's signature. Police guy says that she forgot to sign. Judge says that it is not right to keep Vikram in the prison on the basis of a FIR which is not signed " it is wrong to say that a mother complained against her own son, So, I let Vikram out on bail " Gayathri , Vikram and his uncle are happy. Mani another mOkkai with Padma – tells her that Sundaram is sick and all his cases will be directed to Mani as the next efficient lawyer in the town "so you will have to assist me and so we can find some one else to do the office work " Padma chides him for such thinking "if you want to become a great lawyer like Sundaram face any opponent and win over, not this cheap thinking, ok? " mani vows that one day he will be a big advocate and Padma will be his assistant. Calls her for a coffee and Padma declines – so what Is new ?

Nambi meets Arjun in the coffee shop. Arjun asks about Sundaram's health and Nambi says that there is not much of a change. Arjun wants to see Sundaram and Nambi asks him to contact Gayathri . Nambi says that  Sundaram's  kids are kind of funny "Sundaram is not able to say any thing in front of them " Arjun says that Major Kishore is almost like Sundaram now "Sundaram sir is not able to do any thing but Major Kishore wants to do some thing even now "  Arjun starts talking about the case and Nambi cuts in " I am here to meet you unofficially , not to discuss the case. You do not expect me to spill out my strategy, do you?" Arjun smiles and says "no sir. But my worry is about Ram  "  Nambi tells Arjun that he learnt from Sharadha that he is wary about facing Nambi as the opponent "expected  little more maturity from you. Please do not think that I will make any concessions for you, ok? "Nambi  says that Ram is very smart but for this case he preferred to take it up himself " as Ram is likely to get personal and confuse the issue " Just then Ram calls and talks in a  menacing tone " I hope you will be faithful to your firm. I know where and with whom you are right now. " – cuts the phone and Nambi tells Arjun "that is Ram Mohan for you " Nambi says that he is looking forward to facing Arjun in the court "Arjun apdinnu name iruntha Mahabharatham thaana? No one is dying here, we are only going to argue " Arjun interjects "argument itself is about a man's death !!!" Nambi appreciates that quip and says that he expects the same smartness in the court "My mission is over, now, let us meet in the court. Please do not disappoint your mentor " Both pull their coats and smile.

Freeze

Monday 7 / 1 / 13 Episode No 100

Roja 's luck ran out today – two mokkais in a row !! First credit to Mani – so what is new?  Padma is on the phone – a client asking for Arjun and Padma says that she will check Arjun's schedule and call him back. Mani just walks in and assumes  that some one wants him. Padma pours ice cold water on his hopes and says  that it is for Arjun and goes on smiling. Mani is vexed "so, now why are you laughing?" Padma says that the person was talking in Madras slang "was wondering about some one arguing a case in the court like that !!" Mani immediately pleases Padma by arguing in Pettai Thamizh and says that luckily Sharadha did not hear this eloquence "apdiye mercel aagiduvaa" Well, Sharadha comes listening to this and gives a lecture in pettai Tamizh – Mani retreats.

Next mokkai is from Ko "dhandam " Rahul comes out of Ram's cabin and Ko asks "mood epdi? I have to go in next " Rahul says that Ram was not so bad " scolding lam not much " Ko can not believe this and so wants to postpone the meeting. But Ram calls him, for once he is civil to Ko , calls him Sir and asks him to take care of the work " you have been here for the past 10 years and so know how to deal with this. I trust you with this job, ok?" Ko can not digest this luck.

Court corridor – the media guy is reporting . Says that this euthanasia case is watched by one and all – " for Major Kishore, advocate Arjun is appearing and for the hospital senior advocate Nambi is appearing. It is to be noted that Arjun was Mr.Nambi's junior. This case will set a precedence and open many avenues …" Arjun is in the corridor – oblivious to all the bustling . Gayathri comes and  smiles at Arjun. Arjun asks "so, you came to wish me all the best ?" Gayathri says that she is representing Sundaram Associates " I am assisting Nambi uncle " smiles some more and Arjun reciprocates.  Court is in session. Arjun and Sharadha on the defence side and Gayathri is sitting on the opposite side.  Gayathri  silently wishes good luck. Nambi enters the court room – both Sharadha and Arjun get up and Nambi  signs them to sit down.  The court clerk announces the case number and details.  Nambi gets up and says that he is here to submit an intervention petition. Nambi starts his arguments " If the defense had included the Hospital in the in the first place, there is no need for this intervention. But the hospital was not included from the beginning. " Judge asks Arjun "any objections to this?" Arjun says no and concedes. Judge asks Nambi " so do you need time to start the case?" Nambi says that he is all set for the case " if the judges are ready to allow my submission, I am ready right away " . The judges consult each other and pronounce "since this case needs immediate attention and also might have a lot of arguments, we are ready to hear it. The other scheduled cases will be postponed. If there is any urgent case comes, please register with the court clerk. Now the euthanasia case will be heard."

Nambi starts with Hippocratic Oath taken by doctors-   " do not harm – is the basic tenet of the medical profession. So, how can a doctor take a life away? The petition here is about taking life away – be it active or passive euthanasia , the procedure is either by lethal injection or hanging by rope. Both these procedures are used by hangmen in death penalties. How can we allow this? Also, is there any way to induce painless death? Is it possible? Under which procedure can the court grant euthanasia? Also the verdict in favour of this euthanasia is a step in a slippery slope leading to total ruin. This can be misused by many a people after this verdict. Where is the end to all this? If a doctor does an euthanasia, he can be charged as well. It need not be a murder charge but he can be charged under culpable homicide. So, how will the law save this doctor? What guarantee can we give to the doctor that he will not be punished by the law? That is all your lordships " Arjun , Sharadha and Gayathri watch keenly as Nambi argues. Time for Arjun's rebuttal…

Freeze

Tuesday 8 / 1 / 12 Episode No 101

Arjun's rebuttal time – Sharadha shows him some notes . Arjun says that the counsel for the hospital had some valid points. "But as far as this case is concerned , we are not looking for any reforms or new laws. This decision is taken by Major Kishore Reddy after thorough thinking. So, the argument that some one will use this and indulge in nefarious activities does not hold water. Also, when this petition is accepted, I assumed that the law and court will give the necessary protection to the doctor, that is all my Lordships " Nambi gets up and says "well, even if this is an individual case , this will be looked as a precedent . I am not saying this. This is jurisprudence "

Rahul and Ko are coming back after lunch. Ram is waiting in the lounge.  Ram needles "Oh lunch aa?? Nalla sapidanum, appo thaan nalla velai seyyalam. Rahul come to my cabin with the note pad "  Rahul goes and Ram asks about the hospital case "so, what spade work have you done?  " Rahul says that he needs little more time "but I have spoken to Mr.Mandar and a lot of hospital employees. Everybody is siding the patient. Also, when an individual fights against a hospital of this calibre, mostly he wins and the hospital loses " Ram wants to know if Rahul is suggesting that they should not take the case for the hospital. Rahul immediately negates and says that he was only observing generally. Ram says that the hospital is their long time client. Asks Rahul about some Bolam's test and Rahul acts as if he knows that. Ram asks for details and Rahul 's bluff is called  - "court has given us only 4 days. Hurry up and collect more info, ok?"

Arjun crosses one Dr.Sethuraman from Major Kishore's hospital – asks about the bed sores .Doctor says that Kishore has had bed sores a few times and administered anti biotics. Arjun says that he knows that Major does not feel the pain "but does it affect his mental balance?" Doctor says that major Kishore is vexed about such prolonged treatment. In short Arjun wants to establish that Major Kishore is of sound mind . Mani tries to joke to Indra "why is Kishore like Arjun? Neethi, nyayam nnu , if he pays 200 rs to the compounder the job will be done !!" Indra barks back saying that Mani's joke is not appreciated " we all want Arjun to win, if you can assist please do, otherwise keep quiet " Nambi crosses Dr.Sethuraman and establishes that Kishore can live normally as there is no pain feeling. Nambi says that major Kishore is vexed and dejected "so, Major Kishore is confused. How can we claim that he took this decision with a clear mind? The dejection could be the reason ?"

Ram meets the hospital chief. Shows him the hospital rules "if the assigned team of doctors are not there, a surgery needs to be rescheduled – this is  your own rule. In the case of Mandar, when you knew that the anaesthetist won't be able to come, why did you not reschedule the surgery ?"  The chief says that such deviations happen some times "Mr.Mandar wanted it urgently as he was going on a trip. He did not want his condition to spoil his trip. So, we continued with the surgery. Also, the surgeon is very competent. Has been an anaesthetist as well "  Ram says that this one point will make them loose. Chief requests "please see if you can help " Ram says that he will definitely find a way out "in the meanwhile , just check with your staff whether there has been any other flouting of rules like this. Revamp your system " Doctor takes leave.

Freeze

Wednesday 9 / 1 / 13 Episode No 102

Court ' Mandar's advocate gives a big preamble about the doctor's profession being a noble one and how Mandar was treated badly by a doctor. "Instead of alleviating the pain and give relief, Dr.Keshav made him knock the doors of death. Mandar is plain lucky to live ' in spite of Dr.Keshav. We will prove that it was not just negligence but total misconduct as well " Ram appreciates the opening statement and says that he will make his while the case comes for trial.

Arjun asks permission to produce Major Kishore in front of the court. Judgeasks "So, what are you trying to achieve by this ?" Arjun says that he wants to establish that Major Kishore has taken the decision  all by himself "that he is in a sane frame of mind " Judges allow the deposition. Kishore comes in a wheel chair (but how? He is supposed to be paralyzed below his neck !! Wish they had shown him either lying down or the least strapped well to the wheel chair !! Faux pas?) Kishore says that he climbed 20, 000 ft to capture an enemy camp "now I am not able to reach the second shelf in my room. I am not looking for sympathy but I am just looking for the dignity. I do not have any close family. My mother died 2 years back. I am never going to have a normal life ever again. All I am asking for is a dignified death " The whole court room including Nambi are all ears.

The nurse is feeding Kishore and Arjun is by the side 'with Sharadha. Both Nambi and Gayathri watch this. Kishore asks Arjun "was I too melodramatic?" Arjun says "no, you spoke well. You should have been a lawyer " Kishore asks " The hospital lawyer was your senior?" Arjun agrees and Kishore goes on to say that he could see that Arjun felt closer to Nambi . Arjun laughs and says "that is why he wants to defeat me in his arguments " Arjun goes for lunch and has a word with the nurse. Nurse says that she is kind of scared now "if you win Kishore will die and I would never see him again !!" Arjun just stares.

Mandar's case. Advocate Govindarajan , Mandar's lawyer, crosses Mandar's doctor. Asks about the  illness and why Mandar was sent to Savithri hospital. Doctor says that Mandar was in a hurry and also his hospital did not have the facility for such a surgery "In that area, Savithri hospital is pretty reputed  and so I referred him . " Advocate asks "so, approximately how much time this surgery will take?" Doctor says that it might take about 2 to 3 hours. Ram's turn " with the court's indulgence, doctor , I have a shoulder pain. Can you prescribe some thing for me ?" First doctor says that with out proper examination, he can not prescribe but Ram insists saying that it is just a consultation . Doctor prescribes pain medication with a lower  strength and Ram laughs saying that he was given the same medication by his own doctor "  but much higher  strength . So, why this difference?" Doctor says that people differ in their tolerance and that is an important factor while prescribing medications. Ram comes to the point" If there is so much difference in medicines that can be got over the counter, how can you be confident and say that this surgery will take 2 to 3 hours?" Doctor says that it is only a rough estimate and Ram establishes "so there is no surety that this procedure will be over in 3 hours?" Doctor confirms "yes "

For the first time we get to see a crying Mani ' Indra asks and says that his friend died in an accident "just 27 years old. Bad accident. When the doctor said that they can not save him, his dad leaned on my shoulder and cried. I could not tolerate . Just finished the funeral '. I should not have joked about Kishore's death like that " Indra consoles Mani. Nambi cross examines Kishore "You floored us all by your moral stance ' the media, your followers outside the court, me , your lawyer'everybody  But what I can not understand is 'why do you want to die?" Kishore says that he is kind of vexed with life " I do not know where I got that vexation from but there is nothing that I can achieve in life now " Nambi says that he is a big inspiration for many people who are watching from behind and Kishore retorts "this following is all because I asked to die!! " Nambi asks "Do you believe in God ? " Kishore says "no. I do not believe that life is precious and there is life after death "

Freeze