Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Ameres

IF-Sizzlerz

Ameres

Posted: 02 March 2013 at 11:12am | IP Logged

I slipped under the thick blanket and lied straight for a second before a cold shiver ran down. It wasn't cold, couldn't be. March was half way through and winter had long bid adieu yet I felt oddly cold. I rubbed my hands together but the cold stayed, I shivered again. I was so cold. The chill ran deep as if it was in my bones. I was lying in thick blanket of snow it felt. I was that cold.

I closed my eyes in an effort to welcome my long lost friend sleep but the action made my eyes sting more. I had been crying a while ago you see, the tears were gone but my eyes were being unusually sensitive and burnt. Again I snuggled in my blanket waiting for sleep to come, waiting for the familiar sense of relief it brought but it usually visited at wrong times and abandoned me when I most needed it. I closed my eyes, made a firm effort to sleep and it almost felt like we were getting along but...my mind played the devil. It kept replaying the images from earlier that evening.

I kept hearing his words, hurting me making me feel of a lesser kind. I knew he never approved me of much. I was a big disappointment to him and he left no chance to make it clear. His few and rare words of adulation didn't make much difference as mostly his grim expression upon seeing me said it all. That evening was no different, once again through his well chosen few words he declared that how wrong I was. I had done nothing worth mentioning in my life. I was a disappointment. The little support that she used to give even that was missing. Clearly I have done plenty wrong in my life. Correction, my worthless life.

A fresh flood of tears surged up as the words kept haunting me but I refused to let them out. No I had done enough crying for tonight, no more. For a moment as the pain in the chest grew I even contemplated taking those magic pills that promised long undisturbed sleep in the forever land. I knew a little bottle was stashed away in the back of the cupboard I could have easily slipped in a few...or more but then again my cold body made it hard to move. Taking a deep breath I waited for sleep and it finally came to me. A little warmth crept in along with it. The magical sleep...my mind whispered but no, it shall have to wait till another night. 

Edited by Ameres - 03 March 2013 at 3:49am

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

..KaJenDelena..hkl75autumn.03.scarlet.Sswachi.Maggie.IndigoBluesbeebutterfly55shobhaPurple_Ladytiny15bookworm-ALS--Isee

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "OS- Disappointment." in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

hkl75

hkl75

Posted: 02 March 2013 at 12:15pm | IP Logged
the over whelming feel of disappointments n hopes getting crashed one experience before sleep, u expressed it brilliantly. Clap

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Ameres

Isee

IF-Stunnerz

Isee

Posted: 10 March 2013 at 8:52pm | IP Logged
very nicely written i really liked it ClapClap
each moment was described through words- very wonderful Thumbs Up

Ameres

..KaJenDelena..

..KaJenDelena..

Posted: 11 March 2013 at 3:04am | IP Logged
I love this! The first paragraph is written beautifully not to say the rest isn't but the first paragraph caught me from the word go. LOL, Emotions are protrayed beautifully and the way it was meant to be. I absoulately Loved this! More from you please!

Ameres

Purple_Lady

IF-Sizzlerz

Purple_Lady

Posted: 12 March 2013 at 2:34pm | IP Logged
i feel a connect... 

Ameres

Ameres

IF-Sizzlerz

Ameres

Posted: 25 August 2013 at 12:09pm | IP Logged
I had almost forgotten I had written this piece, feeling good on discovering it again. 

Thank you everyone for taking out time to read, like and comment on it. Thank you for the kind words. Much appreciated. :))

55shobha

IF-Sizzlerz

55shobha

Posted: 27 August 2013 at 3:04am | IP Logged
res.

bookworm-ALS--

IF-Stunnerz

bookworm-ALS--

Posted: 31 August 2013 at 9:43am | IP Logged
Gave me chills. You are so FAB.

Ameres

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.