Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: OnlyHope

Star, in your previous post, I think I missed that last bit..

Umera is just..I honestly run short of words when it comes to her writing...PLUS even the dramatizations of her writing comes out to be the best (of course if we exclude a few that had the wrong choice of cast)...
I think this is the wrong place to appreciate Umera, but Zaroon ki zubaan mein, "main dheet hoon" 🤣

I love Umera honestly..she makes me watch Pakistani shows. They could put the worst of people in her dramas..and I will try my best to watch it. She offers something new and refreshing..even with ZGH though Zaroon & Kashaf will fall in love..the story doesn't revolve around that dreamy romance..it's more real and easy to connect to. Her characters are so much more easy to connect to. 

I personally don't like Farhat's writings..they could even put Sanam Baloch + Fawad Khan in every corner of the drama..I wouldn't want to see them doing a fairy tale love story that I can not relate to in any sense. I have bollywood for that. ðŸ˜†
Lizakhan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I completely agree with star and fairy
I am 100% with your points starry
And I think it's just a rumour
Fawad will not be doing so much work at the same time
He is already shooting for armaan
And then the drama by nadia jameel
And repetition of trio even before there first supposed drama came out
Or work was done on it I don't think so it's true
This news is more like a rumour to me.

starstruckk thumbnail
Originally posted by: --Nida--

According to me Umera has no comparison to any other writers...her is a different level altogether 

Farhat is a good writer though...I mean compare her to some of the others like Faiza, Sarwat and Maha and all they also write same depressing story over and over again 
atleast Farhat has a different style...to me she is better than a lot of other writers 
I also want to say that Umera is doing bit too much work at the same time ...she should really take some break
Kankar's story is great but concept is nothing new either...Fahad has played this character over and over again in recent past however Fahad and Sanam's acting + Umera's dialogue will make it stand out 
The other drama she is writing is not as exciting 

I know...the thing about Umera is that her work is so strong that it stands out itself. Usually people forget about the writers and just praise the cast/the director etc..but with Umera's work..people usually think about her first and then the cast etc. 
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Exactly! All the Indian stuff offers us the dreamy/fairy type stories..realism is what I like Pakistani dramas for, and I'd like for it to remain this way!
Umera is just beyond any other writer; anyone can come disagree with me, yet my opinion won't change. ZGH, MZZB, Daam..just to name a few..all had a love story somewhere in there, but the bigger chunk of the drama wasn't just the love.
OnlyHope thumbnail

We're totally going on a tangent..I did open an Umera Ahmed AT few months back..maybe we should just move there! 🤣

-Maha- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: starstruckk

Same kind of depressing stuff on our televisions don't include the same, brilliant actors and actresses and they shouldn't. 

I'm not too sure why you're getting offended? I think there are other people here who have also read the novel and they're not objecting to my views..and I never said the novel is bad..I never even read it..I said Farhat Ishtiaq's writings from whatever I HAVE SEEN is more fairy tale like..and while that's great to see once in a while on television screens..I don't want to see good actors being roped in the same kind of projects again & again. 

Just because it was a beautiful story in her books doesn't mean it'll stay beautiful when they make an adaptation. Mata e Jaan was along the same lines..and I didn't like her work a bit..and I said it then too..I don't like Farhat Ishtiaq's work for television..and yes, I haven't read any of her novels but the two dramas I HAVE seen are enough for me to make my judgement.

It's not like they're going to take our thoughts into consideration before adapting this novel..but it's fair enough for us to share our views. And as mentioned, I want Fawad to do something different than the fairy tale romance. Yes, romance is there in more or less every project..but this fairy tale love isn't always going to do it for me when it comes to Fawad. 

May Be Coz I loved this Novel and loved the way farhat wrote it ,I loved the bond between Irtaza and Saba and obviously I am not liking the way someone is misinterpreting the main concept of the novel and than criticizing it on the basis of assumptions 😆.
I Really Dont care If they make it or not.and to be honest i dont want them to ruin this novel by casting someone who is not suitable for the character.I want Fawad to do negative characters and i am saying this to my friends from HS time.He can carry any look and he should go for something different now.But i wont Mind him doing some romantic characters or Momal production working on love stories (with out without FAK) coz it always bring some freshness and something different from our normal shows.after ages we are getting some love stories on our tv and its working with international audience as well
Lizakhan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: OnlyHope

Exactly! All the Indian stuff offers us the dreamy/fairy type stories..realism is what I like Pakistani dramas for, and I'd like for it to remain this way!

Umera is just beyond any other writer; anyone can come disagree with me, yet my opinion won't change. ZGH, MZZB, Daam..just to name a few..all had a love story somewhere in there, but the bigger chunk of the drama wasn't just the love.

So true
Umera Ahmed is the best writer ever
Her every character is close to reality
And plus her main characters are never depicted perfect which makes her character so real
People can actually feel connected to her characters
As Ayesha of qaid e tanhai,Zara of Daam and many more
Words are less to praise her writing skills.
OnlyHope thumbnail
Nida, Arooj, & Star, in case you're interested:

Edited by OnlyHope - 11 years ago
-Maha- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
We Cant Compare Umera's writing with anyone.She is Brilliant and The Best right now.The kind of stories she has written ,no other writer can write or do justice with those concepts.
Peer-E-Kamil(PBUH) ,Imaan umeed and Muhabat ,Amar bail ,Hasil=Perfection

There was a news that Fawad is doing Umer's character😕 I dunno what happened to that project
Edited by -Maha- - 11 years ago
Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I am expecting all our shows to follow turkish shows in near future...if the trp trend continues :P
I am all for romance...don't want to see same depressing stuff but we can't afford to loose the essence of the Pakistani drama either 
that is why I said we should have some Mehndi kind of show, alpha bravo charlie and tipu sultan kind a stuff
Show variety but don't loose the realism that our shows offers...that is what makes us different