Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

Vignettes- 18. Hai re Nandkishore! Thread 1 (Page 121)

Appurs Senior Member
Appurs
Appurs

Posted: 04 June 2013 at 6:17am | IP Logged

English version

Hello dearies...

Thanks for the comments and the sniffle-remedies... it has become all-out sinusitis now, my personal curse... have always had it, will always have it, I guess... And work started on Monday... time for a quick escape to my dreamland... here goes...

Do let me know your opinions, as you absolutely-the-most-wonderful-people-in-the-whole-wide-world always do...

Part 22

"And here we are", Khushi looked back and smiled at the timid-looking trio in the back seat of her husband's SUV, having battled Delhi's rtaffic to reac Lakshmi Nagar. Stopping the engine, Arnav turned around as well, "Please settle down comfortably. Buaji will take good care of your son."

"And I'm also there in case you need any help whatsoever", Khushi continued as they all got down, Arnav quickly coming around to the back to help BIttu climb down. Kamla Yadav looked at her curiously, "Do you live here as well, bitiya?"

"Arre nahi, Aunty, I live at my husband's house. But if you need me here, I'll stay back", Khushi replied merrily, unaware of how her husband's head had whipped around to stare at her in disbelief, with a muttered "what the!" heard only by Bittu who looked at him askance, feeling the sudden tension in his helper's arm.

Thankfully, Diwakar Yadav spoke up before they could be treated to ASR in full flow, "Nahi, nahi, bitiya. You've already helped us so much. Anyway, this is for Bittu, we'll be heading back to the hospital as soon as we freshen up."

And there ended that discussion, and they soon became busy settling in and being settled in by Buaji, while NK along with Akash and Payal kept Pooja company in the hospital. Akash had just stepped out to take a call and Payal was sitting quietly listening with growing fascination to NK and Pooja's comfortabe banter about their days in Etah when the junior surgeon bustled in.

Seeing Pooja alone in the company of her visitors, without her parents, he stood for a second, looking confused, before wlaking up to NK, who was seated nearest to the bed. "Sir, where are Ms. Yadav's parents? I need to meet them immediately."

"They've gone home to change, what's up?", NK asked, immediately striaghtening in worry.

"Sir, actually the Hospital Counsellor was supposed to meet Ms. Yadav the day after tomorrow, before her surgery. But she had to leave unexpectedly due to a family emergency and our part-time counsellor is available only today, actually now, for this week. But she would want a family member or friend present when she talks to the patient. So, will her family be back soon?"

"Umm...no. They just left a few minutes back" NK mumbled. Looking over at his Bhabi, who gave him a reassuring nod, he said, "You said family or friend, right? I can stay with her, if Pooja has no problem with it."

Looking down at Pooja, he saw her nod in agreement, and the relieved-looking young doctor hurried out, calling back that they would return soon, too rushed to let NK and Pooja know what a harrowing time they were in for, having agreed to the counselling session assuming that it was one of the many formalities of her surgery.

Akash looked up from typing an email when Payal walked out in a little while, looking far too somber for even her. Chucking her under her chin, he quirked an eyebrow at her. Her eyes clouded with worry, she said, "Akash, the hospital counsellor has come to talk to Pooja. She insisted on having only one bystander, so I left Nanheji inside. Akash, I think Pooja will finally realise the extent of damage that has happened to her face. Will Nanheji be able to handle this?"

Enfolding her dear face against his chest, he whispered, "In a way, it happened for the best, Payal. If NK can see her through this, their relationship would become deeper than we could've expected."

Meanwhile, Pooja's heavily bandaged face smiled up at the pleasant-faced lady standing near her. The junior doctor who had come earlier had come in with Ms.Juneja, introduced her and left. She had looked a bit surprised when NK introduced himself to be the patient's boss and added that he was a friend as well, but let it slide, and turned to her patient.

"Hello, Pooja, I'm Sheila, the hospital counsellor. Do you know why I'm here?"

Grimacing slightly as the stitches on her face pulled as she talked, Pooja replied softly, "To talk to me about my surgery."

Smiling as she shook her head, Sheila Juneja pulled a chair near Pooja's bed, on the opposite side of where NK was sitting, and replied, "Actually, no. You have had a traumatic incident, Pooja, and I'm here to help you get acquainted with yourself. To introduce yourself to the new 'you', and to tell you how to make decisions in your new skin."

Finally realising what was about to happen, NK shifted in his seat uncomfortably as Pooja turned her head to look at him in confusion.

Seeing the different reactions her words had caused, Sheila said, "Pooja, what do you know about this surgery?"

"That my face was hurt and this surgery will repair the wounds."

"That's right. Now let me tell you in detail...", and the counsellor gently proceeded to tell Pooja about the attack on her face, how her skin and underlying muscles had been torn to shreds in places and how several of her bones had fractured, how the repair had been done in Etah, and that her surgeries in Delhi were of a finer nature, meant to put her face as near as possible to what it had been earlier.

After a shocked gasp in the beginning, Pooja had grown unnaturally quiet, and except for the trembling in her hand which had somehow ended up clasped tight in NK's, he would have thought that she had fallen asleep. Once the counsellor stopped her monologue, she sat waiting, knowing that Pooja would take her own time in responding. Her role was to guide the patient, to make the patient take strength from within and from her loved ones.

After what seemed like hours to a frantic NK, Pooja pulled her hand from his, and in a voice so soft that he had to strain to make out the words, said, "I want to see...". Flicking her eyes to NK, she repeated, "My face...let me see my face."

At NK's terrified look, the counsellor nodded her head in encouragement. Almost shivering from fear, wishing with all his heart that one of his cousins or sisters-in-law were there with him, NK got up and taking the vanity-mirror that was packed in her bag, brought it to her.

Taking the mirror, Pooja proceeded to calmly examine her bandaged face. Turning her head slightly, she asked the counsellor, who was seated quietly by her side, "You mean my face is not there anymore. Whatever is under these bandages doesn't resemble my face, and never will, unless this surgery is successful."

Her years of experience telling her that this was the calm before the storm, Sheila nodded, letting Pooja vent whenever she was ready. But, the next question took her by surprise, "And this fine surgery, is it done for all such cases?"

At her negative answer, Pooja asked again, "Why?"

"Because the surgery is difficult, exclusively done in Delhi and Mumbai and very expensive. You're lucky that you have the means to move on in life, Pooja."

Taking a minute to digest it, Pooja turned to NK, "Why?"

At his blank stare, she asked, even more forcefully this time, "NK Sir, why are you here?"

Author's note:

Tada!!!! Cliffie... muahahah...!!!

Next update on Friday. And then, I'm back to my Monday-Thursday schedule.

The following 44 member(s) liked the above post:

kavithaaravraniushatr0001r112Aruna1991metaphor4nimkosangeethbala5armadarkhushi1urs_kkgsrtmowlaArmelasumaliskmr.bsMeWantBananapalaayanhot.cakesCute6GoldenEyesForLoveofBarunannieKSarunArshiIpkshils28LadyRemistrycool_tweetyShamz94lazylad8-FauZibhadraprasadaaradhaya1688shutterAruni.Hriju321A_BAadithyanPSharadaLyssaPieareeba_blossomkondhili-Aniisha-ranogill-Dil-chavvi16

-Dil- IF-Sizzlerz
-Dil-
-Dil-

Posted: 04 June 2013 at 6:23am | IP Logged
Pooja's visit to the counseller was heart-wrenching..I could feel her pain when she realized the extent of the injuries to her face...!! Now she is confused why NK is with her..That was a cliffhanger you left us with there..!! Hope NK can explain his case properly to her...Embarrassed

Arnav's reaction to Khushi's 'i'll stay if you want" was hilarious...LOL Poor guy was truly tensed that his impulsive wife may just decide to stay..!!LOL

Great update Aparna..ClapClap

Edited by dilnasheen - 04 June 2013 at 1:15pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ssttuuttiiAppurs

PSharada IF-Sizzlerz
PSharada
PSharada

Posted: 04 June 2013 at 6:35am | IP Logged
Hope you are doing good. Me too am settling in after a bout of cold and cough due to the rains and now I am doing much better. Take hot fluids - would help you with your sinus problem.

Chalo nice cliffhanger. So finally Pooja is realizing why NK is with her. Felt very bad to hear the doctor/counsellor talk to Pooja - it is very hard to know that your face has been damaged but hopefully Pooja will be able to put her life and NK's affection/love towards her in perspective during this surgery.

Khushi is always going to be the same old pagal right. She doesn't know what she is talking half the time. Loved the way Arnav muttered 'what the' when Khushi offered to stay back. I would have so loved to see such a scene in IPK. After marriage Khushi trying to stay back in GH and Arnav seriously lost and not knowing how to drag his pagal biwi back home with him. It was fun reading this update. Will be waiting for the next update. I gave my opinion too for my next story. Hopefully you will consider my request.

ssttuuttiiAppurs

emistry IF-Dazzler
emistry
emistry

Posted: 04 June 2013 at 6:36am | IP Logged
Now that the question has been asked, the million dollar convo is about to happen! I have faith that NK can handle it, but if not he will have a hard time winning over pooja!!!

ssttuuttiiAppurs

nishu_shorna IF-Sizzlerz
nishu_shorna
nishu_shorna

Posted: 04 June 2013 at 6:39am | IP Logged
ab...what will be NK's answer...how will we wait...
thanx for the pm...

ssttuuttiiAppurs

aaradhaya1688 IF-Dazzler
aaradhaya1688
aaradhaya1688

Posted: 04 June 2013 at 6:58am | IP Logged
Lvd it
thanks for d pm

ssttuuttiiAppurs

RizArshi IF-Sizzlerz
RizArshi
RizArshi

Posted: 04 June 2013 at 7:17am | IP Logged
Amazing update. Fantastic starting with Arnav's What The LOL Poor Arnav must've had a little heart attack while Khushi was happily unaware of the havoc she has created with a single sentence of hers. The Yadavs are lucky they didn't have to face "THE ASR". About the second half I would say it was intense. Listening to what her doctor said was a shock for Pooja with no one except NK beside her whose feelings for her she  was unaware of. But Pooja is smart enough to understand that somewhere there is something more and she is courageous enough to voice her thought. I find Pooja much stronger than NK. Its the time for NK to gather all his courage and open up his heart to Pooja. I m very excited to find out how NK tells her the truth. Thanks for the PM :)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Appurs

ranogill IF-Sizzlerz
ranogill
ranogill

Posted: 04 June 2013 at 7:23am | IP Logged
very good update...at last the question to nk ...he has to be very careful

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Appurs

Go to top