Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

rocker1

IF-Rockerz

rocker1

Posted: 21 July 2006 at 7:58am | IP Logged
In forum preferences, can we have separate options for enabling or disabling video avatars and banner siggies?

For some reason, I can't view AV's that have been linked from the web, even if they're a still picture. But when I enable video avatars, I can see them.

However, I don't want to enable video avatars because that means I also have to enable huge banner siggies, which I don't want.

So it would be a nice if we could have separate options for Video AVs and Banner siggies, so I can enable the first and disable the second.

Or you could get back the Upload AV button.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Separate Preferences for Video AV/Banner" in Suggestions / Comments forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

--Pinky--

IF-Sizzlerz

--Pinky--

Posted: 21 July 2006 at 11:55am | IP Logged
I second ur suggestion, as i am having the same problem.

I tried to load a new av and lost the previous 1 also.

Hope Vijay looks into this matter.

Priyank.

IF-Sizzlerz

Priyank.

Posted: 21 July 2006 at 5:48pm | IP Logged
yup even i am facing the same problem

heart girl

IF-Sizzlerz

heart girl

Posted: 21 July 2006 at 5:51pm | IP Logged
Hi guyz,

I have already reported the prob to mods and hopefull we ll hear from Vijay soon

bewafa

IF-Dazzler

bewafa

Posted: 21 July 2006 at 8:10pm | IP Logged
hey...i dun get it...

although ur suggestion means that problems like that can be eliminated....and it's a great way to organise stuff....

but, for general human curiousity LOL wat's the problem? Wink LOL

--Pinky--

IF-Sizzlerz

--Pinky--

Posted: 21 July 2006 at 11:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by heart girl

Hi guyz,

I have already reported the prob to mods and hopefull we ll hear from Vijay soon

Thanks a lot heart girl Clap u've been really helpful.

Hope the problem is solved soon. I miss my avatar Cry

Priyank.

IF-Sizzlerz

Priyank.

Posted: 22 July 2006 at 12:04am | IP Logged
thanx a lot heart girl

rocker1

IF-Rockerz

rocker1

Posted: 22 July 2006 at 2:28am | IP Logged

Originally posted by bewafa

hey...i dun get it...

although ur suggestion means that problems like that can be eliminated....and it's a great way to organise stuff....

but, for general human curiousity LOL wat's the problem? Wink LOL

The first problem was that the upload AV button was removed - because of which people could not upload pics to their AV.

As a result of that, they started linking their AV from the web - either a link to a website pic or a pic uploaded on imageshack.

Now that led to another problem - many people cannot see the AVs that have been linked from Web - I, for instance, can only see AVs that have been uploaded directly or those from the AV choice list on IF.

However, if I enable Video Avatars in Forum Preferences, then I can view all AVs - even the ones linked from Web. But that gives rise to yet another problem - the option for enabling Video AVs and Banner siggies is the same. If I enable one, the other is also enabled.

I want to enable Video AVs so I can see all AVs, but I don't want to enable huge banner siggies. So I was hoping those options could be separated.

Hope it;s clear now?

Post Reply New Post

Go to top